Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

15 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

A good friend of mine Josh is a scout at DC United (He's a massive DC United & Villa fan too) from Washington DC he was banging on to me about Weston 3 year's ago.

I watched him and agree with Josh.

McKennie is a talent. 

There seem to have been recent developments with respect to his transfer situation. Southampton, who had been believed to be the frontrunners, appear to have taken a step back as he's valued at more than they were hoping to pay. This gives other interested clubs, like Wolves, Leicester, and Everton (and Hertha, who are believed to be willing to splash some major cash) an opening. If he's even on our radar (and I feel he should be), now would be a good time to make a move.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve been away for a few days, I’ve just popped in to catch up on all the new signings... 

Welp, how closely do you follow the Zamibian Premier League?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, weedman said:

We have a relatively settled squad this year compared to last year, so there's no rush. If we sign a few players late in the window they can take a few weeks of training and not playing to get up to speed while our original players start the season, we didn't have that luxury last year and everyone was thrown in at the deep end. 

Whilst I agree that the squad are now familiar with each other, I really do think that we need to have a new striker and a new wide player, at the very least on board, before the season begins. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Willian was released. Free agent now...

Has there ever been a case of a good 'free agent' signing? Maybe Milner for Liverpool or Demba Ba for Newcastle? Free transfers seem to always go the way of Micah Richards - players lacking any hunger to play as they're so well paid or else just past it. We've not had much success as far as i can recall? Luc Nilis came to us on a free - what could've been....

I remember reading that most free-transfer signings end up being at least as expensive to a club in the long run as signing a similar value player for a transfer fee.

6 minutes ago, John said:

Whilst I agree that the squad are now familiar with each other, I really do think that we need to have a new striker and a new wide player, at the very least on board, before the season begins. 

Agree. Both need to be pace merchants. Sarr and Eduoard should do it. Cheeky £60m should be enough

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Actually a really good question. What is the evidence a player, once brilliant over consecutive seasons, moves club, suffers seemingly irreversible loss of form, moves club, returns to previous best? 

Fernanado Torres is another 'Benteke' example. Brilliant, moves to a different club, becomes barely recognisable. Is there an opposite example?

He was already a shadow of his former self when he came back from that knee injury in 2010 and couldn't buy a goal until January when Chelsea inexplicably dropped 50m on him. He looked out of sorts in the World Cup too.

12 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Has there ever been a case of a good 'free agent' signing? Maybe Milner for Liverpool or Demba Ba for Newcastle? Free transfers seem to always go the way of Micah Richards - players lacking any hunger to play as they're so well paid or else just past it. We've not had much success as far as i can recall? Luc Nilis came to us on a free - what could've been....

I remember reading that most free-transfer signings end up being at least as expensive to a club in the long run as signing a similar value player for a transfer fee.

Sol Campbell did OK 😉

3 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Yeah - Pirlo too.

But i do agree they aren't as great a deal as they think. Juventus are in a bt of a mess now because of it. For every Pirlo they have a Rabiot or Ramsey just milking money from the club 

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Has there ever been a case of a good 'free agent' signing? 

What sort of a question is this? 

Have you already forgotten about this VILLA Legend? 

gettyimages-813488774.jpg?strip=all&qual