Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I doubt Brentford would agree to selling one of their best players and getting one of ours in return with a clause that says if becomes any good we will have him back 

Would depend on the price I imagine.

2 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I doubt Brentford would agree to selling one of their best players and getting one of ours in return with a clause that says if becomes any good we will have him back 

Surely that depends on the figure in the buy back, if it's substantial enough they will accept and then we only take it up if we feel his value has increased past that figure, it's no different from our situation with Luiz.

FWIW I don't think the deal is very likely, swap deals are very rare and I don't see Davis being particularly suited to the way they play.

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Surely that depends on the figure in the buy back, if it's substantial enough they will accept and then we only take it up if we feel his value has increased past that figure, it's no different from our situation with Luiz.

FWIW I don't think the deal is very likely, swap deals are very rare and I don't see Davis being particularly suited to the way they play.

The thing davis doesn't have problem with ia being skillful or decent passing.

If he could add scoring goals to his repertior he wouldn't be far off a complete forward.

• Like 1

You can’t train instinct for goals. Some players have it, some don’t. It looks like Watkins has a better eye for goal than Davies. It is what it is. I’d have Watkins over Davies without any hesitation.

If you were a manager and you bought in someone to do coding, it doesn’t matter how good they are at building servers if they can’t fulfil the role they are supposed to be doing. (Insert other dubious analogy here). Davies is a striker who doesn’t score goals. Yes he can hold the ball up well, but that is of no use if we can’t put it in the net. 

See last few seasons for multiple examples.

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I'd rather keep Davis than Samatta tbh.

But on the other hand I do think a loan for Davis might be ideal for the player, he needs lots of game time and hopefully he can improve on the one major flaw in his game! 

Happily let them both go, we need to improve drastically up front - it is by far our weakest area

Pretty happy with the rest of the team, but if we want to get to where we want to be we need to be ruthless this window. 

If i'm being brutally honest, although I see some qualities in both of them, they are both championship players at best

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Yep, but we don’t seem to play two up top, so who do we drop?

We can't but I've often thought trying KD out wide might work, so him Tammy Jack front 3? But we really should be more adaptable in game and have the option to plat 2 up top when required.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Happily let them both go, we need to improve drastically up front - it is by far our weakest area

Pretty happy with the rest of the team, but if we want to get to where we want to be we need to be ruthless this window. 

If i'm being brutally honest, although I see some qualities in both of them, they are both championship players at best

we would have been comfortably safe last year with a goal scorer, so reality is as above and it is a brutal game

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Watch Brentford get davis as part of any deal.

Then they turn him in to a Drogba type goal scoring machine and we look on in two years when he's a complete beast of a player and we are crying about how did we lose such a young player and not develop them

Buy back clause mate...

28 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

You can’t train instinct for goals. Some players have it, some don’t. It looks like Watkins has a better eye for goal than Davies. It is what it is. I’d have Watkins over Davies without any hesitation.

If you were a manager and you bought in someone to do coding, it doesn’t matter how good they are at building servers if they can’t fulfil the role they are supposed to be doing. (Insert other dubious analogy here). Davies is a striker who doesn’t score goals. Yes he can hold the ball up well, but that is of no use if we can’t put it in the net. 

See last few seasons for multiple examples.

DAVIS! 🙈🤣

To be fair, he contributed without scoring. At Everton and West Ham in particular he played a part. Strikers will always be judged on goals which is why the majority on here (it seems) don't rate him. I personally do. I think like a lot of strikers if he got one, other goals would follow - buuuuut, he needs to be playing week in week out and we can't really afford that luxury. I'd love to go in to the season with

Abraham, Wesley, Watkins and Davis. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

DAVIS! 🙈🤣

To be fair, he contributed without scoring. At Everton and West Ham in particular he played a part. Strikers will always be judged on goals which is why the majority on here (it seems) don't rate him. I personally do. I think like a lot of strikers if he got one, other goals would follow - buuuuut, he needs to be playing week in week out and we can't really afford that luxury. I'd love to go in to the season with

Abraham, Wesley, Watkins and Davis. 

Can't have 4 strikers in the squad when we only play one up top.

That's absolutely mad.

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Can't have 4 strikers in the squad when we only play one up top.

That's absolutely mad.

Until you get 2 or 3 injuries which we literally just suffered through.

Also, sometimes the system changes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mister_a said:

You can’t train instinct for goals. Some players have it, some don’t.

I tend to give this viewpoint as well about instinct (sadly I never had it) but I am not sure it’s entirely true any more with how coaching has improved - look how Pep taught Sterling to poach as the number one example. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

WHERE ARE THE SIGNINGS! 

At least Dr Tony kept us amused with strange tweets during the window, Edens and his cronies can not even be bothered to do that