Summer Transfers Window 2020

3 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

But, going by the signings you're advocating, we wouldn't be allowed to go and sign a player from Palermo or equivalent! 😜😜

Don't take me so literally....just because I make an observation or point, don't take it ,as there is no alternative or its in tablets of stone.

There is an exception to most rules or policies.

Edited by TRO

One thing that surprises me every transfer window thread is just how different opinions are on players, transfer values etc

Posters who I think are really sensible throughout the year, make really good well thought out posts will come into the transfer thread and be saying things like - We should sign player x, and I think they must be joking player x is total shit, lazy, injury prone and all round very poor. Then a load more sensible posters will pipe up saying, no way we get player X he is out of our league etc. He's off to Bayern for eleventy million anyway. 

Then the bat-shit crazy posters will come along with sensible suggestions for players who I think would improve us and get laughed at by half the forum and lauded as astute footballing sages by others. 😀

Thankfully I know I'm right.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Origi is an excellent player - not sure what standard of striker people think we could get that would be better? Ings also didn't get regular game time at LFC....

Would love him down the Villa.  Really good player.

We don't need to win the league next year but solid improvement year on year.  We need to be realistic in who will want to come to the Villa and how much we can pay them a week considering Covid.

Also,  all of the current squad have had a baptism of fire last season but that is good,  solid premiership experience at the sharp end. This can only be good for the squad and going forward.  At least they now know what NOT to do over a season.  Same for the Manager.

No thank you to Origi. A player who hasn’t really been close to being a first choice CF in 6 seasons on Merseyside. Has started less than 20% of games over the last season. Reputation purely enhanced on the back of 3 goals over a Champions League semifinal and final. Scores around once every seven games. NO NO NO. This is not what we need. Divock Origi is not the next Dean Saunders. Please forget about this guy and move on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Weghorst is a very good player, here's my suggestion on here in October 2017 when at AZ before he signed for Wolsburg for £8.5mil in July 2018.

He's absolutely outstanding. Since signing for Wolfsburg he's been their top scorer in 2/2 seasons. He'd be a huge hit here. He's made for the PL.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, VBM said:

One thing that surprises me every transfer window thread is just how different opinions are on players, transfer values etc

Posters who I think are really sensible throughout the year, make really good well thought out posts will come into the transfer thread and be saying things like - We should sign player x, and I think they must be joking player x is total shit, lazy, injury prone and all round very poor. Then a load more sensible posters will pipe up saying, no way we get player X he is out of our league etc. He's off to Bayern for eleventy million anyway. 

Then the bat-shit crazy posters will come along with sensible suggestions for players who I think would improve us and get laughed at by half the forum and lauded as astute footballing sages by others. 😀

Never any doubt.

• Like 1

Some rumours (I wont even link the clickbait) of a failed attempt to get the Japanese winger kubo on loan from madrid, apparently the latest 'wonderkid'

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we were miles off the players we are actually after. 

Hopefully while we are working out who is the best reserve striker we are looking at that we are actually doing what we normally do, on the continent looking for better value.

Being in a stronger position this year hopefully the quality will surprise us!

12 minutes ago, VBM said:

One lesson to learn here... NONE of us are sensible at all!! 😂😂

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Weghorst is a very good player, here's my suggestion on here in November 2017 when at AZ before he signed for Wolsburg for £8.5mil in July 2018.

More importantly, who is right about Origi? Those who think he’s good or those who are wrong? 

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Weghorst is a very good player, here's my suggestion on here in October 2017 when at AZ before he signed for Wolsburg for £8.5mil in July 2018.

wow, some hit rate Chris....I have never seen him play, so I can't comment.

However, a goal every 2.05 games is serious ****, but is it easy to score in that league, just asking?

is he like Crouchy?

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

Don't take me so literally....just because I make an observation or point, don't take it ,as there is no alternative or its in tablets of stone.

There is an exception to most rules or policies.

I am, of course, jesting.

I’d definitely go for Origi at £30m or less. He can play as part of a front three and is a massive improvement on what we have for what is a “reasonable” price by modern standards. Liverpool fans rate the guy and I’ve always liked him when I’ve seen him play. With more consistent playing time he could be an excellent signing, and let’s face it he’d walk into our team. 

The way things have gone since the new owners arrive we will get to page 400 of this thread and sign a player that hasn’t once been mentioned. 

• Like 1

Player like Origi - you don't look at the stats, you look at his attributes and his attitude. Reminds me of the Mings signing. Talented player, all the right attributes but floundering. As long as they have the right mindset then that's the kind of proven signing you want to go for as their ceiling is much higher than say signing someone like Dwight Gayle or a Jay Rodriguez or a Shane Long. You pay a premium for that talent but its worth the risk when compare to what we paid for Wesley or West Ham paid for Haller or Newcastle paid for Joelinton. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TRO said:

However, a goal every 2.05 games is serious ****, but is it easy to score in that league, just asking?

is he like Crouchy?

Similar in style of play Paul.  But i feel Weghorst is a much better all-round player than Crouchy. He's  muchmore of a natural finisher. Check out video below of some of his finishes:-

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

is he like Crouchy?

Much better. More mobile, quicker, stronger and a natural goalscorer. He's similar to Crouch regarding strength in the air but there's way more to his game than that.

He's scored 33 in 66 for Wolfsburg in his 2 seasons there so far. It's worth noting that this is a defensive minded Wolfsburg team who lack creativity and yet he still has scored that many.

Absolutely quality player and would be my number 1 choice as a striker for us to sign.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 2

I mentioned Weghorst few weeks back, would definitely suit the English leqgue like Poulsen. Watched Wolfsburg few weeks back, scrappy game with the opponent being the better team but couldn't score. Weghorst scored with his only chance to win the game

• Like 2