Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

List of players across top 5 clubs that fit the description. Thoughts? Which are realistic?

Origi

Clyne

Milner

Shaqiri

H Wilson

Stones 

Otamendi

Zinchenko

Tuanzebe

Dalot

Smalling 

Lingard

Alonso

Barkley

Loftus Cheek

Batshuyai

Hudson Odoi

Rose

Walker Peters

Aurier

Sessengon

I'd take a couple but most are players I'd rather avoid. I'd rather sign up and coming starlets like Watkins or Benrahma or Aarons than some of those. I'd also absolutely take some of them but they don't seem like realistic signings, like Zinchenko.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think, who we sign this summer will define, the intent of the owners and set a peg in the ground of what to expect moving forward.

it reminds me of the time HDE said to John Gregory "you have a 10 million budget to spend on players this summer"......so John bought Juan Pablo Angel for 10 million.....Doug said John " I didn't tell you to spend it all on one player" John replied " you didn't tell me not to, either"

Thats the spirit.

Excellent that is I like the post alot.

I think if our ambition are really high the Owners will want to see the best young names in the business at VillaPark. If were to compete at the highest level then we will need to bring the brightest and best in. 

Now imagine Johan Lange doing that and spending 100 million on a player or two,Smith would love it, do not know if Purslow would. Do wonder if the Owners would go nuts over it or think we will see how this approach goes and what fruits fall of the tree.

I do actually think we could buy three very fantastic amazing players for 100 mill from abroad, four tops and if I had to choose where it would all be on front line, 2 x wingers and 1 x striker so Grealish can go back in the middle.

What you said earlier about certain players not giving alot of other types of players any time to move or be on the ball or space in factp, it's what I think the top clubs in the league look out for alot. You can find alot of those types abroad in those best clubs around the world, it's like they drill for it and that's why they are brilliant at shutting down opposition. I do think that there are a few clubs in particular in this league, that have nailed signings to a T in regards to finding those players that shutdown very quickly. Players who leave no room for manuvre and do not let other teams breath because they are on you so fast is something we really need to start getting more to grips with, it leaves team gassed. After restart you could see one player in particular for us who has obviously learnt while hes been at city to do exactly do what top teams do and that's be onto you like a lightning bolt, chase you down and do not stop till you have the ball from them and they are mentally and physically drained from being hounded.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

List of players across top 5 clubs that fit the description. Thoughts? Which are realistic?

Origi

Stones 

Tuanzebe

Smalling 

Alonso

Barkley

Loftus Cheek

Batshuyai

Hudson Odoi

Rose

Walker Peters

Sessengon

I would only consider those and only Very happy with stones, loftus cheek and sessengon 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Cordoba has a hit rate of c a goal in every 4 games.....we have better than that already.

We do???  Samatta & Davis are like 1 in 16 and 1 in 30 respectively...

2 hours ago, TRO said:

We have to exploit all the options, gems from lower leagues, the academy, young up and coming potential and so on.

but right now we need players who can lift the profile of our club, if it means signing one less to get better quality, so be it.

We need players to project our profile.....Right now.....else we will be in this position next season.

I don't disagree with you. But where are we going to find them? If we're going to get Abraham for 40m then I'd definitely go for. But are Chelsea going to sell?

When I mentioned Championship players, I was expecting from them to show quality early on. We'd need to wait for them or for those who are coming from Europe anyway to make the needed impact.

Our team is more experienced now, their personality got stronger.

It's last season where we needed more PL experience. Now we need quality.

I don't think we'll be in this position if we keep our best players and add the likes of Watkins, Benrahma. I think we'll be more exciting as a team.

Edited by abdulaziz1

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

How much would samata fetch if we got rid of him?

I don't think more than 5-6m to be honest. I'm not sure I'd get rid of him for that. Although I rate Davis and want him to have his chance, but I think that he'll need to go on loan to gain more confidence and show what he's made of. Wesley isn't coming back before October. We need a cover for the striker. I'm still not sure if we're getting one or two.

55 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don't think more than 5-6m to be honest. I'm not sure I'd get rid of him for that. Although I rate Davis and want him to have his chance, but I think that he'll need to go on loan to gain more confidence and show what he's made of. Wesley isn't coming back before October. We need a cover for the striker. I'm still not sure if we're getting one or two.

I was thinking if we cash him in we could just get Watkins as his replacement for 12m extra

43 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

By the look of things, we aren't even close to signing anyone by now?

In other words, the first signing would probably be in at least 1-2 weeks?

It's fustrating.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hong0311 said:

By the look of things, we aren't even close to signing anyone by now?

In other words, the first signing would probably be in at least 1-2 weeks?

Just because the media aren’t reporting anything doesn’t mean we aren’t close. Last year pretty much every signing came out of the blue. In fact even in Jan for example Baston came out of absolutely nowhere.

The club seems to be pretty good and keeping its cards to its chest. 

• Like 3

I have seen Brooks on a number of occasions for Bournemouth, there really is something special about him and I would really like him at Villa as I think he would do a great job on RW

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RicRic said:

Yes there was too much talk of wanting to not make any changes as replacing 4 players would affect the squad to gel , well any less than that is pretty much not changing it. We have a championship side in my eyes. 

I’ve not seen anyone say that, Shame you didn’t quote one or two

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, omariqy said:

Origi

Clyne

Milner

Shaqiri

H Wilson

Stones 

Otamendi

Zinchenko

Tuanzebe

Dalot

Smalling 

Lingard

Alonso

Barkley

Loftus Cheek

Batshuyai

Hudson Odoi

Rose

Walker Peters

Aurier

Sessengon

They would all be on too much money. 

6 hours ago, TRO said:

My suggested Strategy.....just a shame we was not in a position to compete for him when he left Liverpool.....but thats the type of signing, I am advocating.

Can you think of any more fringe player signings from top clubs that have worked out well? Genuinely struggling.

From the list posted by @omariqy, the only ones I would consider are well out of our realistic ambitions as a side that just avoided relegation on the final day. Not to consider the huge wages each and every one of them would demand because they were at a top club.

Edited by Mjvilla

I think Giroud could be a good experienced signing along with someone such as Watkins. He signed an extension at Chelsea but we were strongly linked with him as a loan in January. We could take him as a loan or buy as I doubt he’d be a huge fee. The sticking point with anyone coming from Chelsea is of course wages. He knows where the net is though. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think Giroud could be a good experienced signing along with someone such as Watkins. He signed an extension at Chelsea but we were strongly linked with him as a loan in January. We could take him as a loan or buy as I doubt he’d be a huge fee. The sticking point with anyone coming from Chelsea is of course wages. He knows where the net is though. 

Giroud won’t be leaving, he has proved very valuable to Chelsea since January.

• Like 1