Jump to content

Summer Transfers Window 2020

Topic will be automatically locked at 23:59


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Awol said:

Percy speaks. 

By what I've seen, he is not just a "striker" per say, more of a forward who can play across the whole front and wide areas etc?

I would be open to this.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Ooh where did you get that from, he'd be a decent buy at the right price

Newsnow, with a link to a Telegraph article which I can't see as it's behind a Paywall.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
Link to post
Share on other sites

Could this be confusion with the Max Aaron’s deal? As I can’t imagine we’re interested in both of those Norwich players? (Although we could be I suppose)

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sne said:

This.

If Watkins was THE striker signing we made this summer I'd be a bit underwhelmed tbh.

I agree. But at the same time, if we were still to buy another striker for £40m, that would mean we would have about £40m left for every other position combined. I know striker is an important position for us, buts 60% of our budget? Let's hope other targets are not as expensive as we all think eg. Buendia/Benrahma for £15m rather than £25m

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We are strengthening the squad, I hope and predict this will mean that we will bring in 1 or 2 that may be considered a coup. 

Wesley/Watkins/Davis and or Samatta

Aarons/Guilbert/Elmo

It's an improvement and it's early business.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watkins looks very likely - if we get him then Benrahma makes a load of sense too - practically buying a ready made partnership. DS referred to Watkins as Olly last night when talking about how they'd done - very familiar indeed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nick76 said:

No, No and No

Dont want any of those three.....not good enough, not much better that what we have. No point spending money for the sake of it.

We aren't going to get a top striker. Of all the names linked none of them are currently better than these 3. Ollie Watkins or Edouard better than those 3 i don't think so!

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

By what I've seen, he is not just a "striker" per say, more of a forward who can play across the whole front and wide areas etc?

I would be open to this.

I think that's the advantage of Watkins. He could play either side of a Wesley or Samatta or play up top with players supporting him. 

18m isn't a lot in the current market so I'm all for this one. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sne said:

This.

If Watkins was THE striker signing we made this summer I'd be a bit underwhelmed tbh.

the athletic mentioned a week ago smith had his top striker target in mind. interested to know if that was indeed watkins or if we've only just become interested since brentford lost and the 18m clause has been known

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AXD said:

I agree. But at the same time, if we were still to buy another striker for £40m, that would mean we would have about £40m left for every other position combined. I know striker is an important position for us, buts 60% of our budget? Let's hope other targets are not as expensive as we all think eg. Buendia/Benrahma for £15m rather than £25m

Fwiw I think the £100m is just a ballpark number. I doubt we have a set figure.

Also feel that even if we only get our money back for selling a few players it could be worth it as that money could be better used this window. Trez, Samatta, El Ghazi, Kalinic and a bunch of our fringe players like Jota and Lansbury would likely net us £30m or so and free up squad places. Selling all 3 wingers in might not be ideal thou.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

We aren't going to get a top striker. Of all the names linked none of them are currently better than these 3. Ollie Watkins or Edouard better than those 3 i don't think so!

The three you mentioned I just wouldnt bother with, save my money.  As I say, no point spending money when you are getting no better.

I dont see why we cant get a top striker but if we cant then there is no use wasting money for the sake of just buying another striker.  We will have to either wait which is problematic or invest it in other areas knowing we are still weak in the striking area but if we improve the rest of the team, hopefully one of current strikers will have a break out season or at least do enough to slightly improve us.

p.s. I think we can get a top striker but that's not the point, I just wouldnt waste money on those three

Edited by nick76
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â