Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, jonjon said:

I have come back to you on that, I said there was no release contract, it was my fault, on his original contract there was no release clause, But I had forgotten he signed another 3 year+1 contract only last August that obviously had that £18m clause in it, that makes him not a bad buy, and still leaves us with a handsome profit,  if you don't just judge him on last nights horror show he's worth a punt, I've seen him in every home game since he joined from Exeter and he just gets better season on season, he is much stronger than he looks as he is a superb athlete who always keeps in trim, he a very hard worker and will run all day long, knows where the goal is and works well out wide, I will miss he when he goes, but someone will get a player who is only going to get better, (unlike Hogan) good luck in the chase for him. 

i dont even think last night was much of a horror show...held it up well, got in the right positions, and stung the keeper's palms with a decent long range effort

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Really feel we need a left footed right winger for balance. Brooks would be great if available.

There is a danish player, Robert Skov that plays for Hoffenheim (used to play for FC Copenhagen, Lange link..). Plays RW with a wicked left foot, dont know if hes ready for PL yet though.

Just saw on the sky sports transfer centre that Fraser is on £27,000 a week and palace are looking at offering him £50,000. Surely at that wage he is worth looking at, especially on a free. I know people have raised concerns about his downing tools etc but he is a good player and would be an improvement on trez and el ghazi, it would also mean that we would have more of the war chest still available for the other 3-4 incomings

58 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Lazy comparison because Hogan was also at Brentford?  Watkins seems to be getting better every season.

Not lazy. Just my opinion. Watkins will be 25 in December and has achieved very little. 
Have you seen him play? I have watched Brentford a few times this season and have never been impressed by his abilities. I don’t think he has the talent to be successful against better defences in a team that does not create lots of opportunities for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Not lazy. Just my opinion. Watkins will be 25 in December and has achieved very little. 
Have you seen him play? I have watched Brentford a few times this season and have never been impressed by his abilities. I don’t think he has the talent to be successful against better defences in a team that does not create lots of opportunities for him.

Yeah, a few times.  Nothing like Hogan IMO.

As long as Watkins isn’t our answer for the striker problem I’m all for it. We need another if you ask me. Him being able to play RW is a bonus (forgot that myself). Saiid is also a must for me. Jack our on the left (if he stays) is great but to me it’s about options and changing games. 
1 thing that annoyed me last season was we were sooooo predictable and went in to every game with the opposition knowing how we are going to play. Having a tricky winger, like Saiid, will allow us, when needed, to push Jack in as a number 10/8 and have a different approach. 

If we can get Watkins, Saiid and another striker plus keep Jackie, our front line is sorted IMO as Smith will not give up on Wesley yet. 

After that I think we do need a CB and a LB and if possible a CM. 

Edited by deeps

Just now, pete101 said:

Offload samatta and bring in Watkins plus one more center forward

This.

If Watkins was THE striker signing we made this summer I'd be a bit underwhelmed tbh.

I think Watkins is a great player. He has every attribute you need to be a Premier League player. He struggled last night but still put himself about. He had scraps to feed off though. He can also play out wide so nice to have some versatility.

I'd be very happy with this and would suit us better than Benrahma.

6 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

There is a danish player, Robert Skov that plays for Hoffenheim (used to play for FC Copenhagen, Lange link..). Plays RW with a wicked left foot, dont know if hes ready for PL yet though.

He's definitely ready. Would absolutely love him. His free kicks are the best I've seen in ages. Hoffenheim won't ket him go cheaply though, if at all.