Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

36 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

WOAH!  You can't just come in with new names without the obituary YouTube videos. 

Ok, here you go!

Also my apologies. I completely messed up Mounir's name in my previous post - it's Mounir Chouiar out of Dijon FCO.)

Whilst Videos are great 'n all, I find Infographics/Graphs reveal a lot . Plus nothing beats the written word as you will see down in Stengs' section below:

The Case for Chouiar

Key Passes and xA per 90 for all Ligue 1 players under 24 years old (from @MishraAbhiA)

Evading Pressure in Europe's Top 5 Leagues (from @Shaharyarsays)

Successful Dribbles per 90 compared to Passess Under Pressure per 90 (from @Shaharyarsays)

Luckiest/Unluckiest Creators in Completed Big 5 Leagues) (from @GoalAnalysis)

His Understat.com player page

The Case for Stengs

Successful dribbles & Key Passes per 90 in the Eredivisie (From @Ajax_Analytics)

And how about some written articles (with images of course) to sink your teeth in to?

Here's a Statsbomb article that discusses Stengs (amongst other prospects).

Great blog post on Stengs' ability here at Below the Radar Analysis

A Scout Report on FootballBH.Net

Edited by Wes
Moved the Videos around so it was the same order as the descriptions below.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

I like the look of Édouard, offers something different to Wesley and Davies. 

My concern is if we go after Tammy we have 3 strikers that are very similar. 

Abraham scores goals, so not really similar.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Thou shallt beware of the YouTube montage

Haha agreed - specifically why I included half a dozen separate links for each player to back-up my case!

19 minutes ago, Wes said:

Ok, here you go!

Also my apologies. I completely messed up Mounir's name in my previous post - it's Mounir Chouiar out of Dijon FCO.)

Whilst Videos are great 'n all, I find Infographics/Graphs reveal a lot . Plus nothing beats the written word as you will see down in Stengs' section below:

The Case for Chouiar

Key Passes and xA per 90 for all Ligue 1 players under 24 years old (from @MishraAbhiA)

Evading Pressure in Europe's Top 5 Leagues (from @Shaharyarsays)

Successful Dribbles per 90 compared to Passess Under Pressure per 90 (from @Shaharyarsays)

Luckiest/Unluckiest Creators in Completed Big 5 Leagues) (from @GoalAnalysis)

His Understat.com player page

The Case for Stengs

Successful dribbles & Key Passes per 90 in the Eredivisie (From @Ajax_Analytics)

And how about some written articles (with images of course) to sink your teeth in to?

Here's a Statsbomb article that discusses Stengs (amongst other prospects).

Great blog post on Stengs' ability here at Below the Radar Analysis

A Scout Report on FootballBH.Net

Was pushing Stengs on here last summer as he has limitless potential.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Was pushing Stengs on here last summer as he has limitless potential.

Yep, by no means was I the first. Posters such as yourself have rightly pointed him out on here before.

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Stengs looks a qualify player I also think Dilrosun the ex Man City winger could be one to watch.

Dilrosun definitely. Like I mentioned in my first post this afternoon, there is a lot of really promising Under 23/Under24 players out there right now and, in my opinion, we are perfectly placed and timed right now to buy two of them.

I like the idea of us signing two really exciting wingers this summer at the same time - let them learn, grow and compete against each other as they continue to develop.

13 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Thou shallt beware of the YouTube montage

On 11/07/2019 at 12:00, Tomaszk said:

Nothing in there at all that makes him look PL ready.

Luckily it is a YouTube compilation guff so doesn't say much about him as a player.

Also watched him twice in the AFCON and he was absolutely crap both games.

I think this transfer is off. Something funny with it.

We neeD pace so bad.  One thing the Villa teams I grew up supporting always had was bags of pace.  Feels like we’ve lacked it for a good 5 years or so now.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 3

Just been looking on transfermarkt (what a useful website) to see who Douglas Luiz has previously played with (would be great if we could add to our South American contingent).

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/yago-pikachu/profil/spieler/265660

Noticed this guy, just imagine our increased fanbase and revenue streams if we sign him up: 

image.jpeg.aa3752f65a56a068ff5ebaa1f0a09f24.jpeg

swag glasses GIF

😆

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I prefer the look of Munir very quick feet. Stengs isn't the speed merchant we need on the right!

Never seemed that that sharp on Call my Bluff

I have an awful feeling that our first signing will be so underwhelming compared to all the names linked in this thread.

I see a few teams are trying to structure payments for incomings due to the uncertainty in the current climate,i wonder if this will be a factor for us as i honestly expected at least one sniff of a signing by now.

I think it would be a real gamble for us if were to wait as opposed to getting our business done early..time will tell