Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

Norwich are not a shit team......just not designed for the rigours of an arduous league.

They will learn.....to play like they do you need the worlds best players....they have some good players, but are too easily taken out and nullified.....much like us.

Sorry TRO - I don't understand this.  They were objectively terrible for the league they were in.  They came bottom and were relegated weeks before anyone else.  Not much point being designed for any other league than the one you are trying to compete in!

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree.....its something we need to be aware of.

its all well and good seeing players with flair, shine in the championship, their defenders can't close down as well and give you space to play in......In the prem, you need to be that much better to deal with less space to play in.

My point is Buendia shone in the PL this season, against the very best defenders, not in the championship.  He had stats up there with Jack and was playing in an even worse team. I'm not particularly advocating him for us BTW, though he would definitely improve us, but you can't write him off as not being able to do it in the PL, when he has just proven that he can.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

As we're naming all the Grant's, a free like for whoever can name this one...

Norwich City – Page 14 – The Scottish Sun

That sir is former Norwich City and Aston Villa striker Grant Holt winning a 40 man wrestling battle royal of some kind?

• Like 1

Just now, rubberman said:

Sorry TRO - I don't understand this.  They were objectively terrible for the league they were in.  They came bottom and were relegated weeks before anyone else.  Not much point being designed for any other league than the one you are trying to compete in!

Norwich brought in more players than us...  I guess you can only "Do a Fulham" if you happen to spend more than 100 Million on the garbage players you buy...  Does that mean Brentford will "Do a Norwich" next season if they win today???

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That is fair enough. What gives you the impression there is no chance that West Ham would sell him?

I know a few WH fans and he is their most promising young player, highly regarded by fans and the club seemingly. They've a potential fan revolt on their hands this summer as seemingly the owners are suggesting there is much to spend so selling this lad would be pretty unwise.

I could be wrong but I can't see him moving this summer.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

WBA trying their up most to sign Eze from QPR as it stands. I agree he is very highly rated and a good striker. They (WBA) were also waiting on trying to sign Diangana from the Hammers aswell.

It would be funny to scupper them and go in and sign both from under their noses.

It would be annoying if they scooped him up, before we had decided whether or not, we want him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That sir is former Norwich City and Aston Villa striker Grant Holt winning a 40 man wrestling battle royal of some kind?

In casual wear too.  What a  hero

• Like 2

Heaton

Guilbert    Konsa     Mings    Targett

McGinn  Douglas Luiz  Grealish

Stengs                                      Chounir

Wesley

I just really like Stengs (AZ Alkmaar) and Chounir (Dijon). There's a lot of really interesting options for either wing position, but they would be my top 2.

I think Wesley deserves another chance, but you would bring someone else up there to challenge him also.

May have to have another keeper in until Heaton is fit, unless you're comfortable with Steer.

Would also want to bring in another centre midfielder and some competition at fullbacks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

We absolutely shouldn't be signing squad players this window.

We need to sign players better than what we have and current first choice players become squad players in place of current squad players, that is how we need to improve.

I still think there’s some merit in getting squad players. Considering that we can probably only afford to bring in 3-4 quality first team players (if Jack doesn’t go).

As long as we’re confident we can still afford our main targets in the first team positions we’ve planned to improve, I don’t think it’s a bad idea to also push some of the fringe players like Lansbury further away from the bench, while bringing in some experienced options, if they’re available.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I still think there’s some merit in getting squad players. Considering that we can probably only afford to bring in 3-4 quality first team players (if Jack doesn’t go).

As long as we’re confident we can still afford our main targets in the first team positions we’ve planned to improve, I don’t think it’s a bad idea to also push some of the fringe players like Lansbury further away from the bench, while bringing in some experienced options, if they’re available.

I can see the logic in that but it wouldn't be my chosen approach.

I'd rather bring someone like Frazer in and push Hourihane down the pecking order in place of Lansbury for instance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

If we sign a better player than hourihane he gets pushed to the bench, Lansbury is further from the squad. 

I don’t get why people can’t understand that if you improve the starting 11 the knock on effect is you improve your bench/squad

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I know a few WH fans and he is their most promising young player, highly regarded by fans and the club seemingly. They've a potential fan revolt on their hands this summer as seemingly the owners are suggesting there is much to spend so selling this lad would be pretty unwise.

I could be wrong but I can't see him moving this summer.

Ideally as a club it would be good to see us trying to go for this type of player.

I guess you never know until you test that teams resolve when it comes to waving the cash.

I agree he is highly rated by both WBA and as you menion, Hammers fans alike. He would be a very good signing and the type of player we should try and go for.

2 minutes ago, Wes said:

I just really like Stengs (AZ Alkmaar) and Chounir (Dijon). There's a lot of really interesting options for either wing position, but they would be my top 2.

I would very much like to buy one distinct left and right sided winger which these are. This year we ended up with only Jota that preferred the right hand side

Two great wingers. Mentioned them both before. I'd lean towards Chounir as first choice if I had to choose now just to get some pace in the side. We're so desperate for it and he's a bit more direct than Stengs.

Both would be great buys.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I can see the logic in that but it wouldn't be my chosen approach.

I'd rather bring someone like Frazer in and push Hourihane down the pecking order in place of Lansbury for instance.

Beat me to the point 

13 minutes ago, Wes said:

Heaton

Guilbert    Konsa     Mings    Targett

McGinn  Douglas Luiz  Grealish

Stengs                                      Chounir

Wesley

I think Wesley deserves another chance, but you would bring someone else up there to challenge him also.

May have to have another keeper in until Heaton is fit, unless you're comfortable with Steer.

Would also want to bring in another centre midfielder and some competition at fullbacks.

WOAH!  You can't just come in with new names without the obligatory YouTube videos. 

Edited by Lord Willard
  • Like 1