Jump to content
Site Downtime ×
sne

Summer Transfers Window 2020

Topic will be automatically locked at 23:59

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Not far off there, anyday now though there's gonna be some action and we'll all be like, who? Who that be?

Who that be- Is certainly what i think we will get, were all getting our Hope's up now weve survived and could properly establish ourselves, waiting to see our first signing that should make a mark this window and hopefully show our intent and let us fans know the type of players were going for.

You know as a Villa fan that there could be a big let down heading our way, that were hoping for a Lamborghini but we could be buying a yellow three wheeler from Del Boy lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

One of my worst Villa signing memories. I was in a bad mood for days

Time of the month?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Smith would get the best out of him, on a free it’s a no brainer for me 

Free sounds nice but he and his agent will want hefty signing on fees, along with big wages on top. 

I'm sure Smith thought he could get the best out of Drinkwater but some players just don't have the heart. Fraser thought he could use a decent previous season to get a nice big money move once his contract run out. Top teams probably were interested but I doubt any would touch him now. 

I thought we were trying to move away from these sorts of players? N'Zogbia, McCormack, Lescott etc. There are enough red flags that your average fan can see, who knows what else there is behind the scenes.

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

This was probably the highlight of last summer. Oh the joy it brought.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Smith would get the best out of him, on a free it’s a no brainer for me 

What makes you think that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, hippo said:

remember the disappointment when we signed Marlon Harewood ?  

Yes, We had bought Carew and Young in the previous window and we were all expecting a top class forward to come in for our first full summer transfer window under the Lerner ownership. Disappointing doesn't do that transfer justice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yes, We had bought Carew and Young in the previous window and we were all expecting a top class forward to come in for our first full summer transfer window under the Lerner ownership. Disappointing doesn't do that transfer justice.

In terms of commercial blunders the timing of that signing was as bad as it gets. Such was the optimism at that time any top signing would have probably resulted in record season ticket and shirt sales. Didn’t the ceo leave shortly afterwards?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Free sounds nice but he and his agent will want hefty signing on fees, along with big wages on top. 

I'm sure Smith thought he could get the best out of Drinkwater but some players just don't have the heart. Fraser thought he could use a decent previous season to get a nice big money move once his contract run out. Top teams probably were interested but I doubt any would touch him now. 

I thought we were trying to move away from these sorts of players? N'Zogbia, McCormack, Lescott etc. There are enough red flags that your average fan can see, who knows what else there is behind the scenes.

He’s only 26 years old, how you can group him alongside N’Zogbia, McCormack and Lescott is beyond me. Fraser is out of contract and is entering his prime years, he’d be a free transfer, not an expensive hasbeen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wes said:

If you could only buy 4 players to improve the first team this summer, for a combined total of £100m (if rumours are to be believed), who would you buy?

TransferMarkt is by no means an accurate depiction of a players value, but you can use that site to work out some rough values if that helps.

I'm interested to see what positions everyone wants to prioritise and where people would allocate the money.

 

Surely has to be more than that, dont see us signing spectacular players if we have only 100 mill to spend. Sounds like all they are adding there is the survival money and not even thinking about what the Owners will add and what comes from sales as well, if we do sell anyone which the club may choose not to do.

You would expect overall there to be at least or around a couple hundred mill available if Owners put there hands in there pockets.

The Owners pretty much spent our promotion money season gone, that was around 130+ mill. Do not see why they wont spend abit more on signings that we desperately need to upgrade the squad and make it much better.  If were to buy better quality then of course it's going to cost big to bring around four to six players in at 30 mill an up each. As others say we could end up buying more players like this season adding more to the squad depth increasing our size all over in every position, which would see alot more players come in while we spend even less on them,would make it feel like phase 2 from last seasons rebuild, no?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Eze at the reported £16m seems a no brainer to me.

Eze under 25mil is worth it, 16m is a bargain. Going to be a top player imo. Would love to see him and Grealish together they, would pick defences apart. Would also be a solid replacement for Jack if he leaves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

In terms of commercial blunders the timing of that signing was as bad as it gets. Such was the optimism at that time any top signing would have probably resulted in record season ticket and shirt sales. Didn’t the ceo leave shortly afterwards?

It was the kit launch day as well if I remember correctly.

The CEO was Richard FitzGerald, I think he left later that year for unknown reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Eze under 25mil is worth it, 16m is a bargain. Going to be a top player imo. Would love to see him and Grealish together they, would pick defences apart. Would also be a solid replacement for Jack if he leaves.

Without having much knowledge on their finances I imagine they will be forced to accept lower fees for their players than they would usually do due to a loss of revenue due to Covid-19.

A lot of clubs will be forced to sell their prized assets or go bust. Buyers market this summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Wes said:

If you could only buy 4 players to improve the first team this summer, for a combined total of £100m (if rumours are to be believed), who would you buy?

Did not check prices from transfermarkt, but here is my list:

Abraham 40M

Eze 20M

Tarkowski 25M (or Tuanzebe 12M)

Hradecky 15M

Total 87 - 100M. 

4-5-1 or 4-3-3 Hradecky, Guilbert, Tarkowski, Mings, Targett, Trezequet, McGinn, Luiz, Eze, Grealish, Abraham. Subs: Heaton/Steer/Nyland, Elmo, Konsa, Hause, Taylor, Jota, Hourihane, Nakamba, Lansbury, El Ghazi, Wesley/Davis/Samatta.

First team good enough, subs not so.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s only 26 years old, how you can group him alongside N’Zogbia, McCormack and Lescott is beyond me. Fraser is out of contract and is entering his prime years, he’d be a free transfer, not an expensive hasbeen 

That's all great except you left out he is a massive word removed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Who that be- Is certainly what i think we will get, were all getting our Hope's up now weve survived and could properly establish ourselves, waiting to see our first signing that should make a mark this window and hopefully show our intent and let us fans know the type of players were going for.

You know as a Villa fan that there could be a big let down heading our way, that were hoping for a Lamborghini but we could be buying a yellow three wheeler from Del Boy lol.

Bang on, we are work in progress and are perceived by many as on a par with the likes of Norwich WBA Stoke etc, not big like the Palaces, West Ham and Burnleys of this world😏.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love Eze. He is some player. Fans will hate his maverick style though. It will be all 'oh hes lazy, he doesn't smile enough, he doesn't celebrate'

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â