Jump to content
Site Downtime ×
sne

Summer Transfers Window 2020

Topic will be automatically locked at 23:59

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Being linked with origi. Hell yes if so!!

That would be a huge signing of intent

I would agree.

But I honestly think there is zero chance of this, he gets games for Liverpool, why on earth would he come to us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rolta said:

The Sun, whose methodology is to evoke emotions in their readers with bullshit. This time with Origi, it's excitement. On another day, closer to the front of the paper, it's something else. 

Agreed, but they’re not alone, all the papers do it, some are worse than others. Our “very own” Brum Mail I would put at the top of the list of click bait headliners. I try to never click on their rubbish. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I would agree.

But I honestly think there is zero chance of this, he gets games for Liverpool, why on earth would he come to us?

I swear I did hear something after the restart, where he apparently wasn't happy with his game time.... Not even enough to satisfy a back up role.

 

Still don't think we can get him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Agreed, but they’re not alone, all the papers do it, some are worse than others. Our “very own” Brum Mail I would put at the top of the list of click bait headliners. I try to never click on their rubbish. 

I don't get what happened there, did the BM get bought out and just suddenly become like this because they used to be pretty informative and decent. Now I wouldn't wipe my arse with that tripe...

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Being linked with origi. Hell yes if so!!

That would be a huge signing of intent

Really? I think it would be a shocking signing for a guy with no track record of scoring 

I suppose with Bournemouth relegated then Liverpool need to rip off some other shit team with rejects

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

I don't get what happened there, did the BM get bought out and just suddenly become like this because they used to be pretty informative and decent. Now I wouldn't wipe my arse with that tripe...

Yes they were bought by the Trinity Mirror Group. Before that you’re right they were a great local paper. Sadly no more ☹️

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can't see Ina or Origi being interested going from the clubs with European football, and everything that goes with it, to us atm. 

If we blow £30 million on a striker isn't it likely it's another foreign gamble? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What do you think we need to bring in then?

We need genuine quality more than anything, PL experience isn’t a must for me.

Get some proper players from decent/competitive leagues (Bundesliga, Série A, La Liga, Ligue 1) and some gems from elsewhere. South America is always worth a look.

I personally won’t be happy if we just target players from much weaker leagues (we’ve already done that) like Belgium, Turkey, Scandinavia etc unless we’re looking at young talent with high potential to fill out the squad to complement the higher/proven quality players we would be spending most on. As long as they are to add to the “bigger”’or better players we would be mainly targeting I would have no issue but if we are only signing that kind of player then that would concern me greatly.

We need starters who will greatly enhance the strength of our first team. Only players who are better than what we have already got. I don’t really see the point otherwise tbh.

Happy with the links (or rumours & speculation) to highly rated players like Rashica & Belotti. Would love us to sign players who are used to competing at a higher level and with proven or recognisable talent & ability. 

Benrahma would be great too, players with obvious talent and potential need to be pursued.

No objection to bringing Tammy back if possible (he will continue to go down the pecking order with the signings that Chelsea are making).

There is talent (and that much vaunted PL experience) in the teams that have been relegated. Watford must be looked at (Sarr & Deulofeu in particular).

I want us to demonstrate our ambition and intent this time, for all the money we spent I would say our previous transfer activity was fairly “meek” and below expectations.

This season has proved that we don’t have what it takes to be competitive and become a mainstay in this division. We desperately and heavily need to strengthen.

The main thing we lacked is quality...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Palace linked with Sarr for £40m!! Also a link to Liverpool. Probably Watford and his agent hype, but that’s a lot of money. Nobody wanted to pay that for Jack when we went down. I know that was a few years back, but football finances aren’t exactly awash with money right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think Vertonghen would be a solid pickup for us. 

I also like Patrik Schick, but that's an opinion my Roma friends find laughable. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the problem last year was that, while we wanted premier league experience, our options were limited (newly promoted club, number of players we needed to get in, wage constraints). This year, we should be able to shop in a bigger market. I just hope we’ve had time to compile a decent list of second, third and even fourth choice targets. We were clearly up poop creek last year with the striker situation. 
 

fwiw, I’d be delighted (and I mean splat my pants excited) at a window where we brought in names like Abraham, McCarthy, Stones. Add to that this Aaron Hickey at Hearts and a decent winger, and it would be a terrific window for us. 
 

I’m feeling cautiously optimistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 29 year old with over 200 prem league appearances and over 40 caps for his nation. For £5m. Would make alot of sense to me. Every signing we make won't be a world beater. This squad needs alot of work still. Would be a very sensible signing for that price. 

If all the stats were of a 29 yo Brazilian playing over 200 games in la Liga, named mccarthdinho, there would be alot more excitement on here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I think the problem last year was that, while we wanted premier league experience, our options were limited (newly promoted club, number of players we needed to get in, wage constraints). This year, we should be able to shop in a bigger market. I just hope we’ve had time to compile a decent list of second, third and even fourth choice targets. We were clearly up poop creek last year with the striker situation. 

For sure - we had a first 11 but no squad depth. 3 injuries later and we sank. This summer has to be about the squad and a sprinkle of talent on the first 11. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Origi would be a good signing imo. Don't think he'd come here though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

A 29 year old with over 200 prem league appearances and over 40 caps for his nation. For £5m. Would make alot of sense to me. Every signing we make won't be a world beater. This squad needs alot of work still. Would be a very sensible signing for that price. 

If all the stats were of a 29 yo Brazilian playing over 200 games in la Liga, named mccarthdinho, there would be alot more excitement on here.

omg he sounds amazing!!!

I really hope we sign him, all that experience!!, fingers crossed this could be a real steal for us!!!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

A 29 year old with over 200 prem league appearances and over 40 caps for his nation. For £5m. Would make alot of sense to me. Every signing we make won't be a world beater. This squad needs alot of work still. Would be a very sensible signing for that price. 

If all the stats were of a 29 yo Brazilian playing over 200 games in la Liga, named mccarthdinho, there would be alot more excitement on here.

Lets be sensible here... we all know a Brazilian holding player would have a classy singular name like "Bruno" or......."Kevin".

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're going to spend a similar sort of amount to last season, I'm going with £150m, I would go with the below...

LB - Jamal Lewis (£15m)

DM - Weston McKennie (£20m) - Southampton leading the race for him. No reason why we shouldn't be challenging them to sign players.

LW - Said Benrahma (£25m) - If Brentford are not promoted.

RW - Jonathan Ikone (£35m) or Ismaila Sarr (£35m) - Sarr is more realistic as Ikone has been linked to some Champions League clubs. No harm in aiming high.

ST - Karlan Grant (£10m) - Pacey, young striker with some PL experience. Could be a much better squad option than Samatta or Davis.

ST - Tammy Abraham (£45m) - Depends on what Chelsea want for him. If we can't get him I'd still go for Odsonne Edouard from Celtic, who would probably cost closer to £35m.

Then look to sell the below to free up space on the wage bill...

Lansbury, Taylor, Samatta, Jota, Kalinic, Nyland. - although selling 2 GK's would mean that we need another backup GK. Maybe Ramsdale from Bournemouth.

Oh, and send Keinan Davis out on loan to a Championship club.

Anyhow, I'm very bored on a Sunday morning so try not to rip this to shreds too much. I'm already panicking about the feedback.

Newly Minted Sengkang GRC is One GRC That Even Non-Voting Yishun ...

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes they were bought by the Trinity Mirror Group. Before that you’re right they were a great local paper. Sadly no more ☹️

Would be nice to have another local paper start up. BM being sold to Trinity has left a huge gap in the market in Birmingham IMO.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â