Jump to content

Summer Transfers Window 2020

Topic will be automatically locked at 23:59


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If I had 100 million and paper figures are correct.

Inanacho 25m
Sarr 35m
Eze 20m
Stones 20m

Sell Engels

Get rid of if possible Kalanic, Nyland, Jota, Lansbury, Hogan and Bree.

I think you have suggested some good players there, why would you sell Engels? What would you do with Elmohamady?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you have suggested some good players there, why would you sell Engels? What would you do with Elmohamady?

Engels for me is too slow, I describe him as turning like an oil tanker, if I am buying a centre back then I need to drop one and its either him or Hause.

Elmo for me should be replaced and we should buy a new first choice right back BUT in my theoretical budget there isn't room for it whilst the four major issues are 'solved' and Aarons would be the player I go for.

Edited by paul514
adding
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Engels for me is too slow, I describe him as turning like an oil tanker, if I am buying a centre back then I need to drop one and its either him or Hause.

Elmo for me should be replaced and we should buy a new first choice right back BUT in my theoretical budget there isn't room for it whilst the four major issues are 'solved' and Aarons would be the player I go for.

No-one should take their place in the team or squad for granted. It is healthy to have competition for places I think. I think that Konsa is beginning to show quite how good he is and he won’t relinquish his place in the team, it’s his shirt to lose now for me. Engels started the season in fantastic form and looked a real player but I think he can get back to that. Aarons is a good suggestion, he’ll go far

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No-one should take their place in the team or squad for granted. It is healthy to have competition for places I think. I think that Konsa is beginning to show quite how good he is and he won’t relinquish his place in the team, it’s his shirt to lose now for me. Engels started the season in fantastic form and looked a real player but I think he can get back to that. Aarons is a good suggestion, he’ll go far

But I could only go for him if I believed a centre back wasn't a higher priority, which I do.

On the other hand, in the unlikely event that Jack is sold for the 80 million figure I would buy two full backs (one for each side) sell Taylor and Elmo then spend the rest in midfield without selling a current midfielder not already mentioned.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

But I could only go for him if I believed a centre back wasn't a higher priority, which I do.

On the other hand, in the unlikely event that Jack is sold for the 80 million figure I would buy two full backs (one for each side) sell Taylor and Elmo then spend the rest in midfield without selling a current midfielder not already mentioned.

I think that Mings and Konsa are beginning to have a fine partnership at the back, they both ended the season in fine form.

I think that now we have stayed up, Grealish could stay at Villa and become a legend, if he’s not already

I also think that Elmohamady and Taylor have been fine servants to this club

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think that Mings and Konsa are beginning to have a fine partnership at the back, they both ended the season in fine form.

I think that now we have stayed up, Grealish could stay at Villa and become a legend, if he’s not already

I also think that Elmohamady and Taylor have been fine servants to this club

I don't think anyone will bid enough, Jack is probably my favourite Villa player over my quarter century actively watching Villa but I do feel where we are as a club now the 80 million would be more useful than Jack. You could buy Aarons, Buendia and a left back like Malang Sarr (20m) or Wijndal (10m or so) for less who collectively would make us stronger.

Edit... I just looked up Malang Sarr and he is out of contract, WE MUST get on the phone.

Edited by paul514
adding
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I don't think anyone will bid enough, Jack is probably my favourite Villa player over my quarter century actively watching Villa but I do feel where we are as a club now the 80 million would be more useful than Jack. You could buy Aarons, Buendia and a left back like Malang Sarr (20m) or Wijndal (10m or so) for less who collectively would make us stronger.

Grealish is the best I’ve seen too, he can go as far as he wants. I have never heard of Malang Starr or Wijndal, Aarons and Buendia are both very good suggestions 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Grealish is the best I’ve seen too, he can go as far as he wants. I have never heard of Malang Starr or Wijndal, Aarons and Buendia are both very good suggestions 

Malang Sarr is 21 and has played for Nice first team for a few years, very highly rated plays at centre back or left back.
Wijndal plays for Az in Holland he is 20 and again highly rated, he gets lots of assists.

Edited by paul514
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Malang Sarr is 21 and has played for Nice first team for a few years, very highly rated plays at centre back or left back.
Wijndal plays for Az in Holland he is 20 and again highly rated, he gets lots of assists.

How do you know about them? Have you seen them play?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paul514 said:

They paid 30 million and it was reported in a paper today that Crystal Palace are interested in buying him for 40 million.

Even so, do you disagree with my choices?

You are correct. Must've been another relegated players purchase price I was confusing with. People were raving about Sarr so I got him fantasy well before lockdown and he didn't get me many points not that that's necessary relevant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How do you know about them? Have you seen them play?

The Dutch guy I first saw against Utd in the Europa league.

 

malang Sarr I admit I haven’t seen him much but he is constantly talked about on podcasts

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You are correct. Must've been another relegated players purchase price I was confusing with. People were raving about Sarr so I got him fantasy well before lockdown and he didn't get me many points not that that's necessary relevant. 

A poor performance on fantasy football is a valid reason to have a downer on someone 😉

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Ben Yedder, Dembele, Eduaord, Poulsen, Weghorst, Volland, Belotti, Berardi, Schick, Willian Jose...

All of which will probably need 6 months to acclimatise . One of these and a proven premier league player could.work but not these alone

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Benrahma

Albrighton

Lolley

Buendia

Smalling

Abraham

I think that is a realistic list of what we will get, I would be very happy with that but I'd change smalling for a box to box midfielder

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually Injuries aside I actually wouldn’t mind McCarthy. £5m isn’t much at all and if the criteria is PL experience it will add to squad depth, can’t see Roy letting him go though. I also worry on the wages front as it would most likely be his last contract. Not against it all if the figures are right. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's Daily Heil so total bollocks. Have that got any transfer rumours right in advance since NSWE took over?

I do laugh though 

Some Villa fans: We need PL experienced players!!!

(linked to PL experienced player)

Some Villa fans: No, not that one. He's shit!!!!

There are Premier League experienced players which are decent, There are Premier League experienced players which are sh*t.

We need to be avoiding the latter and signing those that are deemed 'better quality' with a bit of a life in the tank who can benefit us and offer something to the cause. Not someone who's looking for a last pay day etc.

So I agree, if we are linked with sh*t then I am in agreement with fellow Villans that are opposed to signing such 'shit players'.

For every Neil Taylor and Danny Drinkwater there are Nathen Redmond's and Gerard Delufeou's.

It's about signing the right PL quality, not the "mutton dressed as lamb" sort.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â