Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

“AgentVilla” says we are after Grant... but who the F is agentvilla!?

This guy is full of shit. Every rumour begins 'representatives have been sent' or something like that. Tell me I'm wrong, but usually these things are mostly done with phone calls. He also writes like someone talking out of his bum too (no offence if he's on here—well, I imagine there might be a bit of offence). What the **** is a representative anyway?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

Not sure if its been mentioned on here but there is a strong rumour that we are closing on Karlan Grant (22y.o. Huddersfield Town Striker) for circa £10m. Talented boy, good competition, hope there is a bigger name in mind too.

He scored 5 goals in the prem in 13 games for a club that scored 22. Could easily reach 10 for us. I think in a decent team he is already a 15-20 goal a season striker in the prem. Would love to have him. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's not even a DM. People seem to look at him as big and gangly and assume he's a defensive player but don't think he's ever played there in his career.

He's more of a McGinn type but I'd stick with SJM thanks. Can also play Luiz there if needs be.

Billing would be good if SJM gets injured..

3 hours ago, TRO said:

His goal to games ratio is ok, a goal every 2.4 games at Huddersfield......but these sort of players, who can be gems, need scouting and appriasing correctly.....£10 mill is still a lot of money for a dud.

There character too is important.

Scored 5 in 13 in the prem. Huddersfield only scored 22 goals that season. Proves he can do it and getting 19 goals for such a shit team is also quite impressive. Involved in 44% of their goals this season. He can play all across the from 3 as well so he could likely get game time quite easily even if he was signed as a 2nd or 3rd choice striker (behind wesley and whoever new we sign) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's not even a DM. People seem to look at him as big and gangly and assume he's a defensive player but don't think he's ever played there in his career.

He's more of a McGinn type but I'd stick with SJM thanks. Can also play Luiz there if needs be.

I'd say he possibly is better than McGinn, and especially for our tactic, but I suspect that won't go down well here. 

McGinn is excellent at breaking free from the deep and it's been a big success for us, but after being told to play more advanced I'm just not sold on him. 

45 minutes ago, useless said:

We aren't going to go from a team that barely survived on 35 points to a comfortable midtable team by keeping things as they are and making a few signings, bearing in mind that not every signing works out and the other teams will be strengthening their teams as well.

We either needed to bring in a better coach to get better out of the players we already have with a few additions, or keep Smith and sign as many players as possible better than the ones we already have. I think people are being naive if they think we're going to improve that much with the same team, same manager, and only four additions, unless those four additions were genuine proven top quality, befitting of a club serious of challenging for a top half finish.

I think you are underestimating how badly we struggled this season because we lacked consistency in the middle, we're missing our main striker and 2nd best player. Mings was out for a key run of games. Out for Sheffield, Southampton, Norwich, Watford could have got at least 2 more points in that run if mings was fit and we would have conceded fewer goals (7 in that run). You don't normally get 3 season ending injuries in the space of 4 games. Every team that is in the relegation fight has injury problems and if we don't have them next season we could easily be clear of the relegation zone.

Just now, MaVilla said:

Callum Wilson anyone?

Definitely but he is on big money and looks like he’ll go to Spurs or Wet Spam.

51 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

I used to search for his posts. He knew, he just knew!

He did indeed. He was friends with Paul Faulkner and was very "in" with senior club officials. I know for a fact who he was and he was the real deal and ITK before it was "cool". I miss those days.

9 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I believe Stuart Hendrie is Lee Hendrie's brother, and he seems to be suggesting that Marc Albrighton will be coming back.

Isn't Conor Fulford Albrighton's brother in law? I'm sure he is.

41 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'd say he possibly is better than McGinn, and especially for our tactic, but I suspect that won't go down well here. 

McGinn is excellent at breaking free from the deep and it's been a big success for us, but after being told to play more advanced I'm just not sold on him. 

Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans, you'd be right about that.

McGinn ran rings round him. 

He's big, that's it.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

In the official stats for the season. McGinn scores more, assists more, passes better, tackles more, fouls less, better pass success, more key passes and is fouled more but Billing has more interceptions at least

Billing is a nothing player

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think Billing has played better than Mcginn this season, even before the injury.

Billing has been a handful for alot of teams, we would be wise to bring him here and have a back up or competition for SJM.

Having SJM or Billing on subs bench would be a brilliant option I think.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Isn't Conor Fulford Albrighton's brother in law? I'm sure he is.

Well he'd probably know then. All I need is someone that speaks "youth", so that those Tweets can be translated into some semblance of English.

• Haha 2