Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

11 hours ago, theboyangel said:

(Pinch of salt with the link needed)

Honestly never heard of him but a quick Mooney reveals he’s a 27yr old french left back.

maybe a replacement for Taylor to add competition for Targett?

Appreciate it’s a twitter link so necessary levels of belief required. 

Never seen him play, but he is very good on FIFA!

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

There are plenty of good wide players abroad. Maybe not the best example but we got in El Ghazi for just 7m although of course at top level he's not that great. Newcastle signed Saint Maximin for about 18m I think so there's a good guide if you scout well enough at mid table clubs in Germany, Spain or Italy where they won't be earning that much to what players in England are getting.

Yeah I’d agree with that to a degree, Saint Maximin was a great find. I suppose Trossard at Brighton is another one, good signing for £15mil.

There are decent options out there if our scouting improves considerably.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You sound like United fans re: Jack.

Wasn’t it hoddle  commentating on buendia  a week ago who reckoned he could be got for £12m ? 
if we are raiding Norwich I’d like cantwell 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Wasn’t it hoddle  commentating on buendia  a week ago who reckoned he could be got for £12m ? 
if we are raiding Norwich I’d like cantwell 

Why? Buendia is twice the player.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Both are decent enough for us , I have been impressed by cantwell many times I’ve seen Norwich this season 

Prefer Buendia he’s quite strong for such a small player, shifts the ball quicker than cantwell

34 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You sound like United fans re: Jack.

Exactly. This is a player who has proven himself to be more than capable in the premier league - it's only 30m because they've been relegated. 

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Why? Buendia is twice the player.

I see Cantwell moving into Centre midfield, he’ll start attacking and then box to box. Very similar to how Henderson progressed and what would’ve happened to Milner earlier (not including final season with us)  if he’d gone somewhere like utd over city. 

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Exactly. This is a player who has proven himself to be more than capable in the premier league - it's only 30m because they've been relegated. 

Seems  from reading Norwich forum they are expecting more like £20m if the quotes from their sporting director are true . 

The staff here know I am fair and it won’t be deluded figures we ask for, but we also need good characters to get us back up.

“We got just over £20m for James Maddison, after one season in the Championship, and we needed the money.

“So what I would be saying to people is please have a look at that before you pick up the phone to us. That has set the benchmark for our club.”

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Seems  from reading Norwich forum they are expecting more like £20m if the quotes from their sporting director are true . 

That'd be freaking excellent then - an absolute no-brainer. 

Pre Suso departure I was hoping we would be in for Marc Roca 23 classy Spanish DM from Espanyol who have just been relegated. His €40mill release clause is now only €15Mill reportedly. Bigger clubs will doubt be in for him but was hoping Suso could pull it off and make him come...

49 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

You better pray to God we don’t get GAZUMPED. 

I’d rather share a candlelit meal with Robbie Savage than get gazumped.

Worst thing is when a player we want gets a price tag SLAPPED upon them. Those are so hard to scrape off after an acquisition.

Seen Ineacho linked ( I know that's probably wrong spelling) as striker from Leicester?

I remember I used to rate him at Man City and always scores against us without fail.

Thoughts?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN