Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

44 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We’re going to struggle to sign top (or even decent) players from current PL teams, especially those that have higher aspirations. I don’t think we’d be an attractive proposition until we start showing our intent depending on our transfer activity.

What we need to do is beat these clubs to the punch on top talent, rather than try and take their own players who will be overpriced and wouldn’t want to “take a step down” in their eyes, plus the exorbitant wages they would want.

Better to make ambitious moves for top quality and potential from abroad and try and poach the best talent from the relegated teams imo. I’m looking at Watford in particular.

I can see us shopping from the relegated clubs.....and Brentford of course !

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That's fine, they're still ahead of us at present time. We'll see how next season goes.

To that end, apparently we're "preparing" a 30m bid for Buendia. Yes please.

Seems a lot of money for someone who as far as i know has had a very mediocre season in the PL.

Did he even score a goal? 

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That's fine, they're still ahead of us at present time. We'll see how next season goes.

Cantwell would be worth a bid also

• Like 1

Do you reckon depay would be a shout. He is really excelling for lyon and he offers everything we need in a wide forward, scoring ability, pace, creativity and most importantly the ability to smash them in from free kicks. 

14 goals in 18 games this season including 5 goals in the champions league. Still only 25. Would probably cost 45 million. 

Just seen he has ruptured his cruciate ligament. Why does everyone I suggest have a knee injury? 

Edited by MotoMkali

Just now, quazzie goat said:

With people saying we don’t need a new full back, would you remain happy if we had Neil Taylor fill in for Targett? 

Completely changes the way we attack when Taylor plays and stifles us. 

We potentially need a new RB and LB tbh.

Attacking options are a priority right now. But if we can bring in 2 good wingers and a striker. I'd definitely be tempted to sign two new fullbacks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

hopefully his happens before the window "SLAMS" shut, or before "THIS HAPPENS", or hopefully we will get a "KEY UPDATE" on the transfer, or maybe even "VILLA FANS HEAR NEWS THAT WILL SHOCK THEM".

Im sure Buendia is our "TOP PRIORITY", and we will "EXPRESS INTEREST" with "SIGNIFICANT FUNDS" and we dont get a "HUGE TRANSFER BLOW", or we see other reports saying "VILLA PLAN MOVE FOR THIS OTHER BRILLIANT PLAYER".

Im sure we will "LEARN A KEY UPDATE" on transfers soon and "GET IT DONE".

fuc**** click bait newspapers, journalists these days are amateurish, my 9 year old could write better reports and headlines than most of these click bait fools.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Seems a lot of money for someone who as far as i know has had a very mediocre season in the PL.

Scored a great one against Watford a couple of weeks ago.

He's just behind Jack and TAA for most chances created in the PL this season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Scored a great one against Watford a couple of weeks ago.

He's just behind Jack and TAA for most chances created in the PL this season.

yeah i would love Buendia.

in terms of chances created, he was fourth behind De Bruyne, Alexander Arnold & Grealish...... (i think)

Edited by MaVilla

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

hopefully his happens before the window "SLAMS" shut, or before "THIS HAPPENS", or hopefully we will get a "KEY UPDATE" on the transfer, or maybe even "VILLA FANS HEAR NEWS THAT WILL SHOCK THEM".

Im sure Buendia is our "TOP PRIORITY", and we will "EXPRESS INTEREST" with "SIGNIFICANT FUNDS" and we dont get a "HUGE TRANSFER BLOW", or we see other reports saying "VILLA PLAN MOVE FOR THIS OTHER BRILLIANT PLAYER".

ITK?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

fuc**** click bait newspapers, journalists these days are amateurish, my 9 year old could write better reports and headlines than most of these click bait fools.

You better pray to God we don’t get GAZUMPED. 

I’d rather share a candlelit meal with Robbie Savage than get gazumped.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I like Buendia but I don't think he's the player we need right now. Maybe if Jack left. We need two pacy tricky wingers imo. Hard to come by tho.

I want to keep playing Jack from the left so Buendia would slot in fine. Regardless, like people were saying a couple of days ago, it's good to have options. We won't only be playing one way.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

in terms of chances created, he was fourth behind De Bruyne, Alexander Arnold & Grealish...... (i think)

Buendia is decent but not at anywhere near £30m - maybe £18m tops 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I want to keep playing Jack from the left so Buendia would slot in fine. Regardless, like people were saying a couple of days ago, it's good to have options. We won't only be playing one way.

That's fair. I'd go down a different route tbh if I was building this team. 

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Also 4th In most take ons completed as well. 19 behind asm but 22 ahead of redmond and 29 ahead of Grealish (although if you add that plus fouls grealish is like 3rd behind Zaha and traore) 

I really hope we finally sign some muscle in centre midfield. Someone who is physically strong, big, athletic, box to box and in your face. A real driving force. I am thinking Keane/Viera. We have been too lightweight in the middle of the park for years. Someone with the power of McGinns ass in their entire body.

• Like 1