Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Rashica looks fantastic. Not too sure why Hendrick is being discussed, or Digne.

The way Fraser has acted this season puts me off him, might well be talented but what an absolutely disgraceful character.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Can we stop suggesting the better players of teams who are better than us? Why in God's name would Zaha or Digne come to Villa?

Zaha will have better offers but Palace aren't better.

We’re going to struggle to sign top (or even decent) players from current PL teams, especially those that have higher aspirations. I don’t think we’d be an attractive proposition until we start showing our intent depending on our transfer activity.

What we need to do is beat these clubs to the punch on top talent, rather than try and take their own players who will be overpriced and wouldn’t want to “take a step down” in their eyes, plus the exorbitant wages they would want.

Better to make ambitious moves for top quality and potential from abroad and try and poach the best talent from the relegated teams imo. I’m looking at Watford in particular.

Edited by Jas10

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Zaha will have better offers but Palace aren't better.

They're an established midtable side and we just stayed up by the skin of our teeth on the last day in our first season up. They're currently better than us.

Just now, PieFacE said:

Rashica is a bit out of our reach I think...

Would be awesome to sign him tho. 

Yup. This seasons Sneijder. 

But I like the idea of us going for it. That's what big clubs do. 

• Like 1

If you you take away the myth that every footballer wants to live in London then me believe that we're a more attractive proposition than Palace, with our future having a brighter and more prosperous outluck; we should be aiming to finish above them next season. Although Zaha if he goes will go to a better placed team than either us or Palace.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think Brentford will win tonight. Last game at Griffin Park will give them extra incentive and are the better team anyway. 

Won’t make any difference if we go up or not we are a selling club and apart from the January window occasionally we always sell our players if the price is right in the pre season window.Thats how we attract the players with potential and we are there route to the top clubs and most of our fans except this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They're an established midtable side and we just stayed up by the skin of our teeth on the last day in our first season up. They're currently better than us.

I disagree. They were in horrible form and we dispatched them comfortably. We needed a season to gel.

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I disagree. They were in horrible form and we dispatched them comfortably. We needed a season to gel.

Despite that, they still finished 8 points and 3 places higher than us.

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

Are you seriously okay with starting the new season with Wesley as our main reliable striker.. i have serious doubts on your expectations on our club with all respect of course. We cannot start the season with wesley he will be replaced and will have to prove his worth coming off the bench , the spine is kept the same apart from wesley which isnt bad, it does not cause any disruption to the squad by replacing 4 players in our starting XI . This is the amount needed to change the dimension on how we shape our future, I believe strengthening in those positions will push us into a top 12 finish ( Dependant on who comes in of course ) but I believe 4 positions will need to change in order to kick on . I love the club and believe in the club so sorry for being ambitious however it is realistic too. 

We wouldn't be starting the season with wesley as our striker as well. He is going to be out until October so when the season starts in spetember he won't be fully fit. And we can't afford to have to get him back up to speed like we did with mcginn. 

Some people on here don't think he is good enough fully fit let alone coming back after 9 months of injury. He has only just started training again so another 2 or 3 months before he is ready to play a match is completely reasonable. We need to sign another striker in the meantime. 

I think there's a good chance that Palace could struggle next season. Have done well to stay n the premier league this long, but the kind of club that once they drop out could find it difficult to return, without the premier league money they're no more 'bigger' than a club like QPR or any number of other championship clubs.

5 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Again. We needed a season to gel.

That's fine, they're still ahead of us at present time. We'll see how next season goes.

To that end, apparently we're "preparing" a 30m bid for Buendia. Yes please.