Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

21 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Whilst I agree, I am not suggesting we sign four players to compete with existing players. 

id expect those four players to be good enough to simply push McGinn, Targett etc straight to the bench. 

each signing should be £30m+ and that’s getting you to £120m Straight away. 

Maybe I’ve misjudged our financial situation and FFP but not sure whether we have £200m to smash on a whole squad who will take a fair while to gel. 

id much rather go straight for the best players we can, rather than find 9-10 potentials to do the job better than those we currently have. 

Yeah certainly not to compete i agree, those four players will be starters on the basis that they are a substantial upgrade on who we are replacing, the four below to be replaced. Konsa is still an uncertainty  but ill take the risk with a starting but with a new quality CB challenging his position ( more to stop some of you guys attacking me for too much signings) but i agree no more than 4 to be replaced and 6 signings overall with a CB challenging and a winger also challenging  

Wesley  

Targett

Trezeguet

El Ghazi 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yeah certainly not to compete i agree, those four players will be starters on the basis that they are a substantial upgrade on who we are replacing, the four below to be replaced. Konsa is still an uncertainty  but ill take the risk with a starting but with a new quality CB challenging his position ( more to stop some of you guys attacking me for too much signings) but i agree no more than 4 to be replaced and 6 signings overall with a CB challenging and a winger also challenging  

Wesley  

Targett

Trezeguet

El Ghazi 

I don't think full backs are a priority, our options are decent. Not spectacular, but decent. A think a central midfielder would be more of a priority, to play alongside Luiz and Mcginn, with Conor and nakamba as attacking and defensive MF alternatives. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Wesley  

Targett

Trezeguet

El Ghazi 

Say we get something decent like  

Tammy £45m

Digne £30m

Rico £15m

Locatelli £25m

put that one a starting XI with;

Heaton

Mings

Elo/targett

luiz

McGinn

grealish 

Trez

Yes there’s still some weaker links in Trez and Elmo/Targett. 

but that should be enough to kick us on and then when Wes etc are back it creates a bit more competition and hopefully the team culture kicks things on.

huge squad changes is hard, very rarely works. 

no reason why you couldn’t do 4 buys now and hit further in January too. 

3 hours ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Any links to this?

All I have seen is that the UEFA rules have been relaxed (only clubs in Europa and Champs League affected) and even then, clubs have to prove the losses are directly incurred due to COVID.  It's not licence to overspend.

Uefa sources confirmed that clubs would be allowed losses in excess of €30m as long as they show this was caused by falls in revenues because of the shutdown. Clubs will be able to cope with their own increased losses however they responsibly can, including by owners putting money in, either in loans or shares. Uefa said these emergency measures were intended to “give clubs more time to quantify and account for unanticipated loss of revenues”.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/18/uefa-agree-to-suspend-financial-fair-play-rules-due-to-pandemic

I hear Purslow has sent evidence of the lost revenue from the non sale of 300m Villa Dogs during lockdown. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I know we’ve been linked before. Talk of BvB wanting him also if Sancho leaves. If true we need to make our moves early which im sure we are.

That would be some coup, seems unlikely to me.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jonjon said:

Thanks, but I think our lads have run themselves into the ground with 8 wins on the trot and have nothing left in the tank, I've got my fingers crosses for to night, but not holding my breath, in a strange way I enjoy the Championship, but would still like to get promoted to enable to watch the Premiership in our new stadium.

As for the Benrahma price, we all no that any prices quoted are generated and fueled by the press, I'm sure Brentford will settle for what price they put on his head, with perhaps a little wiggle room, the price paid will only truly be found when next seasons accounts are published, prices you see quoted must be taken with a pinch of salt, and would only give a rough guide,  if he goes anywhere, my wife being a long term Villa supporter of 60 years, hopes he comes to you.

I think Brentford will win tonight. Last game at Griffin Park will give them extra incentive and are the better team anyway. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I know we’ve been linked before. Talk of BvB wanting him also if Sancho leaves. If true we need to make our moves early which im sure we are.

Been linked to Red Bull Leipzig as well, interesting player.

On a Red Bull related subject I'd be delighted if we managed to get an offer in for Salzburg midfield prospect Dominik Szoboszlai before he moves to Milan or whatever.

Only 19 but he looks a real player from (the little) I've seen.

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It was unlikely we were taken over by people richer than MechaChrist but it happened.

17 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I would normally agree but i cant help feeling that this window is going to be different.  Our owners are going to start making Big noises i feel.

On 27/07/2020 at 13:55, Demitri_C said:

I think we need to make a statement. Why not try get coutinho on loan with view to permanent deal? It might sound tad unrealistic but barce want rid. No harm in trying. Also got wes and luiz here

may as well try and sign messi got as much chance as signing coutinho! 

What actually happened to Coutinho?  I'd have thought he would be perfect for Barca, I can understand Griezmann not fitting that well in the side as he is the kind of player you want if you don't already have Messi but Coutinho is decent enough to help plug the hole Iniesta left.

3 hours ago, MCU said:

And Hendrick is? 

Yeah, id say his 122 appearances over 4 seasons, his 45 international caps playing for a team who have been better than Villa the last few years make him a better bet than Lansbury who couldnt get a kick in the championship and then neither in prem either !  

If you think Hendrick wouldnt be as valuable to us as Lansbury then I cant really help you mate