Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

18 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I can't say I know. I didn't watch football for the last couple of  years apart from Villa games. Just started watching other games this season, as PL itself feel empty without Villa. Even now I can't pretend I know a lot apart from English football.

That's why I can't suggest anyone. But Benrahma for example, I've been watching him since we were in the championship, and every time I see him I wish he comes to Villa.

Benrahma is the best player in The Championship for me, he would make the step up to the Premier League in my opinion, do you agree?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

FFP should be scrapped regardless. It doesn't stop our owners actually spending the money. Just that if we do we could be relegated or massively fined, putting us in a shitter financial position than if the owners were allowed to invest and cover what they wanted. Hasn't seemed to hurt Man City.

• Like 1

FFP is a load of bollocks to begin with, but since scrapping it probably isn't on the cards.... surely it now must be voided for a season? Teams will get incomes affected with less matches, and depending on whether they want to start the season up again, some teams will struggle to sell their assets. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Norwegian FA has submitted a proposal to FIFA that all transfers should be banned while this situation is going on. No idea what their exact definition of it is but no transfers this summer anyway.

Not sure how that would work and can't see it happening but there is going to be a huge mess to sort this out with contracts and seasons ending before they are finished.

And to add to that some countries has different transfer windows that some other leagues. 

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Benrahma is the best player in The Championship for me, he would make the step up to the Premier League in my opinion, do you agree?

I’m not sure if he’s the best or not, but he’s one of the best and I was looking forward all summer to see him in a Villa shirt.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Ebere Eze & Benrahma are the two best overall & offensive players on analytics this season in Championship.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/7840/Stages/17629/PlayerStatistics/England-Championship-2019-2020

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’m not sure if he’s the best or not, but he’s one of the best and I was looking forward all summer to see him in a Villa shirt.

Do you think he would translate his Brentford form in to the Premier League with us?

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do you think he would translate his Brentford form in to the Premier League with us?

I think so, if we have players in the calibre of Grealish and McGinn why not? Ofcourse it’s easier down there but he’s very talented.

Again I’m not watching any team or a player week in and week out apart from Aston Villa. Even my local team most of the time I just look at results.

• Thanks 1

On 16/03/2020 at 16:49, Graham t said:

I can't recall thinking that we would be relegated considering the vast amount of money spent in the Summer. I did imagine that we might start slowly until Dean was able to incorporate his tactics and football philosophy .

We may have spent vast amounts of money but the lions share of that was just to keep us standing still as the 5th best team in The Championship. Probably another £30m spent to get us as good as Norwich. In effect our net spend to BECOME a Premier League team has been quite modest.  

You simply can't talk about the money spent and ignore all the loan players who needed replacing just to keep us level. 

Edited by sidcow

Are we really looking towards more defenders again? Whoever is thinking the defence is a problem needs there head testing I think. You look at the fact we are getting bombarded game in game out or most games, there is only so much a defence can stop before one or a few leak on in. 

The problem I think is the midfield and Wingers positions, the way we play and that there isn't enough quality occupying beyond the defence. Has no one notice that most games it's our midfield where we mostly lose the ball, unable to recover the ball or can't push onwards from there let alone create chances. The Winger issue is as much a problem, they do not track back and protect the defenders nearly enough as they should do not do they provide our attacker Samatta with anywhere near a decent level of crosses let alone quality in crosses. I think that our problem is not the defence or keeper it's just that we are so ineffective in midfield and beyond that we stress the defence and keeper out to a point that doesn't work.

If we brought quality in where it's really needed (not spend more on defence) then we should see the defence cope better and be under less stress. 

But no whoever is doing the thinking at Villa is saying the defence is the issue, it always looks like that when you let that many goals in but doesn't necessarily mean it's the defence does it???

We go after defenders to stop this problem we will be right back here again saying we should of brought more quality in to other areas, because that's what needs to happen.

Three signings for me which I would love and really transform the team in my view:

Smalling - could play in the middle of a three or partner Mings. Would be our best defender by far and make a huge difference to our defence I believe with his premier league experience and help with the resilience of the team. Still got quite a bit of pace. 

K.phillips - providing Leeds don't go up, yes he might want to stay with them another season, but if he could be tempted I say we offer up to 30m if we can. Would make a huge difference to the midfield taking pressure off the defence, allowing the full back to get forward, as well as whoever is playing in midfield with him. Also got huge potential and no doubt will go up in value when England come calling.

Albrighton - a lot of prem experience and a good role model for youngsters. could play as a winger/inside forward or a wing back. Would be a great addition. Wouldn't play every game but you can guarantee he will work his arse off and track back which will help the defence. Also still got a great cross on him for samatta/wesley. Plus is a villa fan which always helps. 

There could be some decent players available due to clubs lowering wages, due to their shortfall in income this year and others may be released. Could be some bargains to be had, if we're able to pick them out. 

I’d be more than happy with Philips, Benrahma and Albrighton. The first two would cost 40-50m. But I don’t think Albrighton would cost more than 5m. Assuming Grealish, McGinn are staying and we’re still up. Leeds and Brentford still down. 

We can add to that some young potential players, one as a striker the other fullback. They won’t cost that much.

We’d look like this:

Heaton

Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Targett

McGinn, Philips, Grealish

Albrighton, Samatta, Benrahma

Nyland, Steer, Konsa, Hause, Elmo, new FB, Luiz, Hourihane, Nakamba, El Ghazi, Wesley, Davis.

7 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’d be more than happy with Philips, Benrahma and Albrighton. The first two would cost 40-50m. But I don’t think Albrighton would cost more than 5m. Assuming Grealish, McGinn are staying and we’re still up. Leeds and Brentford still down. 

We can add to that some young potential players, one as a striker the other fullback. They won’t cost that much.

We’d look like this:

Heaton

Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Targett

McGinn, Philips, Grealish

Albrighton, Samatta, Benrahma

Nyland, Steer, Konsa, Hause, Elmo, new FB, Luiz, Hourihane, Nakamba, El Ghazi, Wesley, Davis.

The three you mention above are good shouts and would improve us for sure, but deals like that will only happen if we stay up and Leeds/Brentford etc stay down.

Eze is another from the Championship that we should be eyeing up, but many clubs will be doing the same. Perhaps we could offer them Hogan, Lansbury or even Hourihane as part of any deal.

If we need additional full back cover, then Rico Henry or Antonee Robinson should be considered. Either are upgrades on Taylor and could seriously push Targett for a starting place next season.

Finally, and this is me being greedy really, but if Man Utd spend big on anyone, what about a cheeky bid for Axel? Would love to have him back in our squad. 

7 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

The three you mention above are good shouts and would improve us for sure, but deals like that will only happen if we stay up and Leeds/Brentford etc stay down.

Eze is another from the Championship that we should be eyeing up, but many clubs will be doing the same. Perhaps we could offer them Hogan, Lansbury or even Hourihane as part of any deal.

If we need additional full back cover, then Rico Henry or Antonee Robinson should be considered. Either are upgrades on Taylor and could seriously push Targett for a starting place next season.

Finally, and this is me being greedy really, but if Man Utd spend big on anyone, what about a cheeky bid for Axel? Would love to have him back in our squad. 

Yes I agree, we can’t do any of that without staying up, and the teams mentioned are down.

Eze would cost too much and I get him if Jack moved, but with the current situations I doubt that. Lets see how the season goes.

Axel would be good but it will be the last priority, not sure we can spend as much as we would with the current  financial crises.

I don’t know those fullbacks and not sure how much would they cost to be honest.

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Loving all the 'sign Albrighton' posts what the f*** absolutely hilarious! 

I don’t think he’s super, but we’re in a position which any upgrade would help. He offer good crossing and another style of play to what we have. Ofcourse his Villa background and his love for the club is another thing which makes us wanting him to join. He won’t cost a lot also so that’s a bonus too.

But the main signing would be Benrahma.