Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I messed my foot this morning (no joke), just after 2. It was very dark and after losing three gallons of liquid at the toilet, I walked into my bedroom and kicked the speaker boombox I forgot to move. The pain was that excruciating that I was rotating like I was doing some new dance, hands on feet, trying to find my bed. It was like I was on hot coals but couldnt move forward to reach the end, with steam coming out of my ears like a tom n Jerry cartoon.

Anyways now I'm at the point, where I've woken up and I feel as though im putting weight on one side all while my bad foot is  trying to turn me round in circles.

I dont know what this has to do with ACL injury, it does not in anyway, I just thought I'd share my pain while were talking of injurys 😉😜😋

Sorry my knowledge is limited to sports medicine, not when your drunk as f@#$!!

On 29/09/2020 at 16:48, GENTLEMAN said:

Hickey had a decent debut by all accounts, would have been interesting competition at LB. 

Been watching the Bologna game for 15 minutes and the kid seems legit. How did he get away from the UK based club?

3 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Been watching the Bologna game for 15 minutes and the kid seems legit. How did he get away from the UK based club?

Game time.

It seems like the kid had a pick of a lot of great club, but Bologna is the team he chose. 

the logical conclusion, is they offered him more game time. If not, it was because of their social media team. They won the transfer window with his announcement video 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Game time.

It seems like the kid had a pick of a lot of great club, but Bologna is the team he chose. 

the logical conclusion, is they offered him more game time. If not, it was because of their social media team. They won the transfer window with his announcement video 

This sparked my intrigue so had to find and take a look...

What the actual f**k 😂🤯

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12080316/bologna-announce-hickey-with-bizarre-video

• Haha 3

On 17/10/2020 at 20:32, MaVilla said:

looks like we were 3rd in net expenditure this "summer":

1: Chelsea - 156m

2: Leeds - 96.5m

3: Aston Villa - 83m (or 74m if you exclude add-ons)

4: Man Utd - 73m

5: Man City - 71m

6: Arsenal - 58m

7: Sheff Utd - 51m (this went under the radar a bit.....)

Other interesting point, lowest spender was Burnley, who splashed out a grand total of £1m, only Brighton actually made a profit during the window (+10m).

Didn't realise Leeds had spent that much!

Burnley are basically preparing to go back into the Championship - £100m of TV money - spend £1m

Our signings have been great. Martinez saved the pen in the first game and won us two points. Barkley got the winner tonight to gain us two points. Watkins netted three against Liverpool. Cash has been great and Traore looks good when he gets game time. 

I'm happy with the business we have done. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Our signings have been great. Martinez saved the pen in the first game and won us two points. Barkley got the winner tonight to gain us two points. Watkins netted three against Liverpool. Cash has been great and Traore looks good when he gets game time. 

I'm happy with the business we have done. 

A 9/10 window for me

Being greedy... i'd have liked a young quality centre back to come in and keep Mings/Konsa on their toes. I'm not convinced with Engels/Hause/Elmo as backup

• Like 1

Hopefully in January we can get Messi to sign a pre contract agreement. 

On a serious note I want us to do what other clubs do and get one or two deals done for players that can come in January. I hope we can get someone like Harry Souttar and someone like Noah Okafor who is blisteringly quick. Apparently he has a low release clause too.

Watching the game tonight - can't help but think the "buy Iheanacho" and "buy Slimani" type calls would've not had the impact those suggesting thought.
Only a single game, but my club are making me stop having an opinion on transfer targets, and helping me just relax knowing we have professionals in charge.

Unlike Steve "I only need 1 centre half in my squad" Bruce. clearing in the woods. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Watching the game tonight - can't help but think the "buy Iheanacho" and "buy Slimani" type calls would've not had the impact those suggesting thought.
Only a single game, but my club are making me stop having an opinion on transfer targets, and helping me just relax knowing we have professionals in charge.

Unlike Steve "I only need 1 centre half in my squad" Bruce. clearing in the woods. 

I thought Iheanacho would have been a good buy but he would have been third choice of the three I put forward.

I've liked the idea of signing top championship players for a while. I was a bit sceptical to the prices we had to pay, but looking at Cash and Watkins taking to the PL like duck to water, it makes you wonder if this is something we should keep looking at for future windows. 

It's a fact that will need less time bedding in terms of the English game, culture etc. so it's more a case of whether they are good enough. And Cash and Watkins sure have impressed so far. And that's before we mention Konsa who only needed a season to look absolutely top class. 

I'd also praise Deano and co for finding players who seem like they have their heads screwed on so to speak. They come well across methinks. I suspect Deano also had a big say on these signings, so good on him. 

So... are there any left back options in the Championship?

Speaking of Rashica I watched him play tonight. They drew and probably should have lost.
It was just one game and he only came on at about 50 mins as he is recovering form injury but...... he was truly awful. 
He hardly touched the ball and his notable contribution came from giving the ball away after a failed bit of skill leading to a series of opposition (Freiburg) chances. Aside from that he was out of position or anonymous.

Best player was Frieburg's right back, some french lad. Werder Bremen's coach looks well disliked and out of his depth. He subbed his previous sub and the player was not having it, lots of mardy and strop going on between player an manager. You love to see it.

46 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've liked the idea of signing top championship players for a while. I was a bit sceptical to the prices we had to pay, but looking at Cash and Watkins taking to the PL like duck to water, it makes you wonder if this is something we should keep looking at for future windows. 

It's a fact that will need less time bedding in terms of the English game, culture etc. so it's more a case of whether they are good enough. And Cash and Watkins sure have impressed so far. And that's before we mention Konsa who only needed a season to look absolutely top class. 

I'd also praise Deano and co for finding players who seem like they have their heads screwed on so to speak. They come well across methinks. I suspect Deano also had a big say on these signings, so good on him. 

So... are there any left back options in the Championship?

I agree. Some real gems in that league.

Liverpool picked up Robertson from that league.

Less of a risk too.

Edited by villalad21

Really depends.. we have signed some right rubbish in the past from the championship too. It’s like any other league in my opinion. I think the difference is we now offer a stable “platform” to perform as opposed to the absolute car crash seasons we have had in the past. So it’s easier to bed in and adapt etc 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Liverpool picked up Robertson from that league.

Robertson played more Premier League games for Hull than Championship games.

(Not disagreeing with the principle though - there are good players in the Championship)