Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Grant is incredibly overrated, IMO.  He had one good season in the Championship and Huddersfield did great business to sell him at that price before his stock drops massively this season.  

If he scores 10 goals for them then he will have done alright at that price and sell for more. He is a decent buy for them.

18 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If he scores 10 goals for them then he will have done alright at that price and sell for more. He is a decent buy for them.

Is he likely to score 10 goals though if he doesn't take penalties? 13 non-penalty goals in 43 appearances last season.

I think he's potentially an okay buy but he doesn't look like enough to save them.

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

yep that's why i said it, the 'hope' part is the role of striker doesn't seem to be his most played position, especially not a lone one and doing it in the Premiership is a whole new ball game.

Stay until your love is, love is, alive and kicking.... (one for the dads)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I actually think Karlan Grant will be a good signing for West Brom.  Would have liked him as part of our squad.  

Can’t wait for this window to finally close though and we can forget about it until January.  Been a great summer window for us. 

Apparently they are paying £3m a year for him over 5 years. Money must be too tight to mention in Baggieland. 

52 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Is he likely to score 10 goals though if he doesn't take penalties? 13 non-penalty goals in 43 appearances last season.

I think he's potentially an okay buy but he doesn't look like enough to save them.

Going off the early performances and some of the squads there are a handful of poor sides this year so it’s possible.

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Grant is incredibly overrated, IMO.  He had one good season in the Championship and Huddersfield did great business to sell him at that price before his stock drops massively this season.  

He scored 5 for them in 13 games in the PL. He is a goal scorer through and through

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He scored 5 for them in 13 games in the PL. He is a goal scorer through and through

He was actually only credited with 4 and there were question marks over whether he even touched one of the 4

Looks like a Kolasinac OG to me.

3 in 13 for that joke of a side was still not bad though

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So did Benrahma to WHU happen? I read there were complications with the medical but that’s it.

Also can’t believe some of the big names that didn’t move. Shocked a bit, really.

Wait til January when clubs are desperate and a few will probably move for relatively big money.

I would’ve loved Buendia... but to be honest we got two of the best Championship players. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So did Benrahma to WHU happen? I read there were complications with the medical but that’s it.

Also can’t believe some of the big names that didn’t move. Shocked a bit, really.

Apparently they are trying to secure a 4m loan deal now but running out of time. Strange one..

• Like 1