Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Utterly naive to not get a left back in as backup. We are an injury away from relying on terrible players like Taylor 

Okay. 

Smith, Purslow etc have more football experience in their little fingers than most of us but sure, the club is naive, laughable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Okay. 

Smith, Purslow etc have more football experience in their little fingers than most of us but sure, the club is naive, laughable.

What The_Steve said is an overreaction, Taylor is capable of doing a job (of sorts), so the club are not being naive, but he really is a massive downgrade on Cash.

The job he does is purely defensive and the overreactions to him are rooted in the inevitability of the outcomes when he's part of any attacking move.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

What The_Steve said is an overreaction, Taylor is capable of doing a job (of sorts), so the club are not being naive, but he really is a massive downgrade on Cash.

The job he does is purely defensive and the overreactions to him are rooted in the inevitability of the outcomes when he's part of any attacking move.

Taylor comes off the bench for Targett at the moment because he is a ready made and capable replacement in an emergency situation. I imagine that if Targett was injured long term then we would start to retrain Guilbert or Hause to play that role to maintain the team playing style. Smith is not stupid, he can see how Taylor limits our attacking play when he’s playing. 

glad Ramsay is staying. As has come up before, it's really not that long until January and I'm happy with the squad for now. Guilbert to get himself a loan would be nice for him, and if we can offload Lansbury, then great. 

42 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Taylor isn’t competing with Cash?!

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Utterly naive to not get a left back in as backup. We are an injury away from relying on terrible players like Taylor 

Not ideal agreed, but Hause and Guilbert can also play at left back.

Also if Watkins gets injured I hope Traore can play as striker, as I still don't think Davis will score many if any.

Overall though I think we've got a stronger squad than we've had in decades. We can't afford to lose our best players to injury but neither can most clubs other than the top 5.

27 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Also if Watkins gets injured I hope Traore can play as striker, as I still don't think Davis will score many if any.

Overall though I think we've got a stronger squad than we've had in decades. We can't afford to lose our best players to injury but neither can most clubs other than the top 5.

Hause done well at LB in the Championship. I think he’ll do better than Taylor just because of him being good in air and not risking ourselves by him starting as a CB. However, hopefully Targett and all of our players stay fit.

However nice it would be to do it, we cant fix every need in 3 windows when starting from very little. So we have what we have and hope our luck holds.

We have a hell of a first XI and some decent options from the bench. We can react in Jan if we need to. Life is good at Villa right now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Loxstock92 said:

No more according to Preece. That’s it until January.

There are a lot of Championship players which are expected to leave. I’d have hoped to gamble with some enquiries and bids so maybe we could get a bargain deal there. But happy with our movements in general.

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

38 goals in 70 career appearances at CF

yep that's why i said it, the 'hope' part is the role of striker doesn't seem to be his most played position, especially not a lone one and doing it in the Premiership is a whole new ball game.

27 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I take it we haven’t bid for anyone ?

multiple crap outlets will continue to dredge up click bait links to Benhrama and King (maybe some others) until the window is closed, but pretty confident our business is done and has been since Ross signed.

there is a 5% chance someone might leave like a youngster or fringe player.

Edited by VillanousOne

8 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

yep that's why i said it, the 'hope' part is the role of striker doesn't seem to be his most played position, especially not a lone one and doing it in the Premiership is a whole new ball game.

He's made 34% of his career appearances at CF, that's a reasonable proportion really.

Also, while it is a small sample size, he's played 369 minutes at CF against PL opposition (either in the PL for Chelsea or in Europe for Lyon) and he scored 4 goals. Goal every 92 minutes. Noice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

sure man city havent any fit senior strikers for this weekend and look at the money they've spent/ Luck with injuries plays a massive part for any team to succeed

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I actually think Karlan Grant will be a good signing for West Brom.  Would have liked him as part of our squad.  

Can’t wait for this window to finally close though and we can forget about it until January.  Been a great summer window for us. 

Grant is incredibly overrated, IMO.  He had one good season in the Championship and Huddersfield did great business to sell him at that price before his stock drops massively this season.  

• Like 1