Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

It is all opinions. I think he is too unreliable, which is a quality I think is the first requirement of a CB.

I also want to go on record and say that I don’t rate him as highly as Iast year. Being our best defender isn’t exactly a compliment. I think he’s an average PL defender tbh. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Midfield: McGinn has been poor in the PL.

We do all have our opinions and they can sometimes difffer. In this case, I unusually have, a significantly different opinion from your good self.

John started really well for me, in the PL and he was a consistently excellent performer for us. He had looked in need of a rest in a couple of games before his injury, having given everything for us and for Scotland, but we couldn't give him the break that he needed because, as has since been demonstrated, we aren't the same team without him. In my opinion, he took to the PL like a duck to water. He (like Tyrone) would attract bids of £40m-50m+, were we foolish enough to consider letting either go, I hope we don't need to do so anytime soon.

It's all about opinions though. I back John to change your opinion, when he returns to the PL, hopefully with us.🤞

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Midfield: McGinn has been poor in the PL. Luiz and Nakamba may be young enough to improve. They need to.

McGinn has been miles better than either Luiz or Nakamba. His passing isn't great but he's as good as those two players put together and easily good enough for the PL.

• Like 4

Unfortunately I can see McGinn and Grealish leaving in the summer. It's how the Premier league operates. Contracts mean nothing these days. The 'big' clubs will always take the cream from the small clubs ( that's us I'm afraid ).

This is another reason why the club spiralling into the relegation zone has been a disaster.

ATB 

VLD.

36 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Unfortunately I can see McGinn and Grealish leaving in the summer. It's how the Premier league operates. Contracts mean nothing these days. The 'big' clubs will always take the cream from the small clubs ( that's us I'm afraid ).

This is another reason why the club spiralling into the relegation zone has been a disaster.

ATB 

VLD.

Where did you think we’d finish at the start of the season?

41 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where did you think we’d finish at the start of the season?

I can't recall thinking that we would be relegated considering the vast amount of money spent in the Summer. I did imagine that we might start slowly until Dean was able to incorporate his tactics and football philosophy .

Unfortunately he has been unable to improve our players and generally speaking the team has performed a little worse each month until we were presented with watching complete chaos.

The corona virus might just 'save' us from relegation. But what now if nothing changes with the team.....

ATB

VLD.

1 hour ago, Graham t said:

ATB 

VLD.

Do you really think summer window will go as usual? We’re in a different circumstances, all businesses will keep quiet until everything is settled. No one will risk his money. It would be dumb from our club to sell for small amount. 

I think Grealish is staying with us if the season is voided. But I’m not sure how is the whole transfer window going to be. Its unpredictable.

20 minutes ago, Graham t said:

I can't recall thinking that we would be relegated considering the vast amount of money spent in the Summer. I did imagine that we might start slowly until Dean was able to incorporate his tactics and football philosophy .

Unfortunately he has been unable to improve our players and generally speaking the team has performed a little worse each month until we were presented with watching complete chaos.

The corona virus might just 'save' us from relegation. But what now if nothing changes with the team.....

ATB

VLD.

Are you taking Premier League football for granted then? It’s why we got relegated in 2016. It seems that Aston Villa fans including me are taking Premier League football for granted, it’s what got us in to this mess in the first place. It is a privilege to play in the Premier League, very few people actually achieve it. It’s the best league in the world 

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Are you taking Premier League football for granted then? It’s why we got relegated in 2016. It seems that Aston Villa fans including me are taking Premier League football for granted, it’s what got us in to this mess in the first place. It is a privilege to play in the Premier League, very few people actually achieve it. It’s the best league in the world 

I don't think spending£146 million in the summer is taking our premier league position for granted. Plus another splurge in the winter window....That money was spent with the sole purpose of ensuring we stayed in the league....

ATB.

VLD.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Graham t said:

I don't think spending£146 million in the summer is taking our premier league position for granted. Plus another splurge in the winter window....That money was spent with the sole purpose of ensuring we stayed in the league....

ATB.

VLD.

And if we don’t? 

21 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

It is all opinions. I think he is too unreliable, which is a quality I think is the first requirement of a CB.

I actually think he's very reliable. He's rock solid. 

He tends to do stupid Beckenbauer'esque mistakes, but if he didn't he'd be a CL defender. 

Exceptional at organising a truly horrid defence. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Granted McGinn didnt hit the heights when he was fit.

But what he did give was a work ethic, hustling, energy, which by itself would have been worth its weight on gold to us considering how little of it most of our team has.

So really, as mentioned many times, whether someone sets the league on fire is less Important than pure work ethic and energy, whixhbis what we needed, and exactly what McGinn gave every game.

But what he did give was a work ethic, hustling, energy, which by itself would have been worth its weight on gold to us considering how little of it most of our team has.

So really, as mentioned many times, whether someone sets the league on fire is less Important than pure work ethic and energy, which is what we needed, and exactly what McGinn gave every game.

48 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So really, as mentioned many times, whether someone sets the league on fire is less Important than pure work ethic and energy, whixhbis what we needed, and exactly what McGinn gave every game.

What about at the start of the season? He was excellent, yes his form has dipped but hopefully he can come back rejuvenated 

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No one took it for granted, but staying up in the PL is an easier task than promoting. Especially when you're down there for a while.

The resources in the PL can help alot into improving the team.

I won't be harsh on Smith to say he failed, nor our board. But we could've done much better. We were only a proper winger and a striker from a decent team. Possibly a DM too. If we had Samatta instead of Wesley, Benrahma instead of Trez from the beginning of the season things would've been much different. Add to that a proper DM.

Basically Samatta and Benrahma would've cost same or less than Wesley and Trez.

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

No one took it for granted, but staying up in the PL is an easier task than promoting. Especially when you're down there for a while.

The resources in the PL can help alot into improving the team.

I won't be harsh on Smith to say he failed, nor our board. But we could've done much better. We were only a proper winger and a striker from a decent team. Possibly a DM too. If we had Samatta instead of Wesley, Benrahma instead of Trez from the beginning of the season things would've been much different. Add to that a proper DM.

Basically Samatta and Benrahma would've cost same or less than Wesley and Trez.

I took it for granted, I think Benrahma would’ve cost quite a lot more than Trezeguet. You don’t think Luiz or Nakamba are up to the job of being proper DMs?

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I took it for granted, I think Benrahma would’ve cost quite a lot more than Trezeguet. You don’t think Luiz or Nakamba are up to the job of being proper DMs?

He would've definitely cost doubt of what Trez costed. But we've got Samatta with the same price of Trez. So it's almost as Benrahma + Samatta = Wesley + Trez.

I think Nakamba is good, and Luiz has the potential. I still want to see a diamond formation or a tree with Grealish and McGinn.

But we lack physical presence in that area.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

He would've definitely cost doubt of what Trez costed. But we've got Samatta with the same price of Trez. So it's almost as Benrahma + Samatta = Wesley + Trez.

I think Nakamba is good, and Luiz has the potential. I still want to see a diamond formation or a tree with Grealish and McGinn.

But we lack physical presence in that area.

Who would you suggest?

24 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who would you suggest?

I can't say I know. I didn't watch football for the last couple of  years apart from Villa games. Just started watching other games this season, as PL itself feel empty without Villa. Even now I can't pretend I know a lot apart from English football.

That's why I can't suggest anyone. But Benrahma for example, I've been watching him since we were in the championship, and every time I see him I wish he comes to Villa.

• Thanks 1