Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, Okonokos said:

I hope so. I really hope we get one more quality attacking player.

I would love more players especially nice shiny ones but I'm a pragmatist and think we finished our transfer business with Barkley so won't be disappointed if no more come in. Anymore would be a bonus 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I would love more players especially nice shiny ones but I'm a pragmatist and think we finished our transfer business with Barkley so won't be disappointed if no more come in. Anymore would be a bonus 

Do you not think we look light up front? Watkins and Davis. That's all we have. It worries me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Feels quite similar to the end of the summer window last year when there were concerns that we were light up front. We were all set to sign Berardi on deadline day apparently.

It feels the same to me too. I was desperate for us to add another striker last year during the last week of the window. I can't shake that feeling again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

Feels quite similar to the end of the summer window last year when there were concerns that we were light up front. We were all set to sign Berardi on deadline day apparently.

Yes of echoes of that. Wasn’t it some huge bid for Belotti he is this years Rashica I think. 

Its odd to spend so much on RB and a keeper when strikers and wide players were the major weakeness. We’ve signed both but still lack depth for a demanding compacted season. Hopefully Wes is capable of contributing sooner rather than later in the new year. 

14 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

As a collective you would never want to see the side that played last night in the Premier League, or even a handful coming in at the same time. Two or three of them needing to come into the side at the same time though to cover for injuries/suspensions and we would cope just fine.

It is always nice to add more quality but as others have said Rome wasn't built in a day and I think if there are no more incomings we will have still made big strides during this window. If we can keep doing that over the next couple of years we will have a very good chance of getting back to where we all want to be, and where I think we are capable of getting, which is consistently challenging for a top 6 finishes.

Sensible comments, as always Mark. 

• Thanks 1

It's simple to me. We can't do much more within the 3 year wage rise FFP restriction..we have probably hit that limit with the signings made and contract uplifts this summer. So to be still wishing for 3/4 more players just won't happen. We will have to go with what we have. And yes that includes some we bought last summer that seemingly are not good enough, which isn't ideal but I think we are at our wages limit.

I'm genuinely concerned about not signing Rashica. Not because I think we need him but because the insanity on here for wanting him. We face arguably the 2 best teams in the PL next in Pool and Leicester followed by high energy Leeds. I feel if results don't go our way will be pretext for shit dribbling about how Rashica would've saved us

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm genuinely concerned about not signing Rashica. Not because I think we need him but because the insanity on here for wanting him. We face arguably the 2 best teams in the PL next in Pool and Leicester followed by high energy Leeds. I feel if results don't go our way will be pretext for shit dribbling about how Rashica would've saved us

Funny thing is the hype is mostly based on YouTube compilations and nothing else. Most people had never heard of him before the rumor started 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Folski said:

Did you not see the game last night? A lot more than 4 can go if you ask me.

It's not just about quality. Got to think of squad harmony, morale, stability. Some of these guys may be contributing off the pitch too. We've got a load of bodies in already - and more likely to be disruptive.

Has a reporter ever asking Smith about Rashica? I find it odd that a reporter asked about Roca in an interview today (based on a spurious link) and not a player that we've been linked to all Summer. 
Or maybe he has been asked and I've missed it?

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Has a reporter ever asking Smith about Rashica? I find it odd that a reporter asked about Roca in an interview today (based on a spurious link) and not a player that we've been linked to all Summer. 
Or maybe he has been asked and I've missed it?

monty python wink GIF

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Funny thing is the hype is mostly based on YouTube compilations and nothing else. Most people had never heard of him before the rumor started 

This is a bit of a generalisation. I'm only commenting on this because Rashica was the first player from abroad since probably Carew that I had actually heard of. He'd been building a reputation with Kosovo, who I believe (I pay no attention to England qualifiers) looked good in our qualifying group. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We obviously are light on quality at left back, cb, wingers and a striker. We are lacking squad depth and need luck with injuries, but we can't expect to build Rome in a window I guess? 

If we did that it's almost signing 2 full teams in 2 windows. Cannot and more importantly should not be done 

Edited by Pissflaps
  • Like 2