Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That's fair enough pal and if the window slammed shut now we have a fantastic squad as it stands.

Still 5 days to go yet though and still plenty of time if one or two more are to arrive...   👀

Is that an insinuation that you may have heard more?! :popcorn:

On the whole it's been a superb window for us, one of the best. Not just with the new players we have brought in, but getting Jack, Mings and Davis on new contracts. Also, getting a fee for Hogan 😀

Little bit sad we didn't get Rashica, especially after all that effort that was put on on his thread😂. Hope he doesn't end up at another PL club😥

Alan Nixon saying we are still trying for an outlandish expensive striker and have held talks, but it's unlikely.  My only guess at this stage would be that it's Edouard, given he is seemingly on the outs at Celtic and we are trying to get a decent rate for him now that we don't "need" a striker.  

Having said that, I'd bloody love that.  Watkins can play ST or LF, Grealish can play in CAM or LF, Traore can play a few positions... so it's not like we have a bunch of players who are stifled by where they can play.  There are also no guarantees that Wesley will come back and be suddenly great either.  Would we sign him now in this window if we hadn't last year?  Probably not, right?  Not to say I'm losing hope in him to do well, but if the option is there to get someone like an Edouard then bloody hell we should rip their effing hands off.  Edouard and Watkins as part of a front three would be utterly ridiculous.

I've sussed the club out. We are interested in Rashica but, we are going to sign him in January to give us that extra boost in our final push for the league title :hooray:

#learningfrompastmistakes #robbiekeane #juninho 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, markc said:

Jim White as just said on talksport he was talking to Purslow last night and he said that was Villa spending done for this window😥

Probably because we are in nailed on positions to sign a few favourites with his chums on Sky bet transfer market so he's trying to divert some of the liability ;)

I heard it and think Purslow was being a bit cryptic as in we wouldn't be signing anyone for 20m + in this window but this dosen't mean we wouldn't get in another loan with an option to buy next summer or even in January.

I'd be surprised if we're done seeing as we need to shift 4-5 of the squad and that would leave us thin in some areas. Unless we're just going to hang onto everyone until January and do mass clear out then with some contracts only having 6 months left.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Is that an insinuation that you may have heard more?! :popcorn:

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

bzv3to8d.gif

giphy.gif

Like does he have a car

siieieeiss.jpg

Edited by markc
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I heard it and think Purslow was being a bit cryptic as in we wouldn't be signing anyone for 20m + in this window but this dosen't mean we wouldn't get in another loan with an option to buy next summer or even in January.

I'd be surprised if we're done seeing as we need to shift 4-5 of the squad and that would leave us thin in some areas. Unless we're just going to hang onto everyone until January and do mass clear out then with some contracts only having 6 months left.

I’ve also just watched the DS interview and he is purring about the transfers we have brought in, but he isn’t asked directly about anymore business. Impossible to fathom from that if we are done. 

The window is still open so I imagine we are still active. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Wouldn't surprise me if our spending was done now in all fairness. Could see us trying to loan a striker to provide additional cover until Wesley is back. No idea who though. 

This 100% - can the use OW wide as and when required. Mr. Costa says hello!

9 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Rule number one of transfer club - say youre done to drive prices down.

Rule number two of transfer club - don't mention transfer club... 👀

Rule number three - don't be a moron like Ole and say your going to buy anyone you want, no one can stop you, Manchester United are the biggest club in the world

in death a member of the transfer club has a name. It's name was Manchester United.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I reckon someone like Brewster or King will come in on deadline day. 

Would be good, mate. I think everyone can see we need another ST...dont want a repeat of last Summer's mistakes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eholm said:

Would be good, mate. I think everyone can see we need another ST...dont want a repeat of last Summer's mistakes. 

Agree. Who knows which Wes will come back and how long it will take him to find his feet. We only have 2 strikers at the club and whilst Traore and El Ghazi can play there, it's not ideal.

• Like 2