Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

31 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

It was well documented at the time and as part of his work permit he had to play in 80% of villa's games

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood here - are you saying his work permit says we have to play him in 80% of games? That’s not how work permits work - they are retrospective. Where it might be an issue, I guess, is if for a future work permit we were using appearances as one of the things that gave ‘points’ - but there isn’t a rule within work permits that says once you have the guy you must play him.

11 minutes ago, Cosmik Debris said:

Thanks for posting this and god bless the Guardian as they have got this spot on.. Almost as if they have used VT for their info 🤔

Sorry no more likes, thanks for linking that.

Felt odd reading that, rather awkward actually, had to stop and think a few times reading that because it was all bang on, it was like he'd done a bit of research and knew exactly what he was talking about, very odd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Cosmik Debris said:

Thanks for posting this and god bless the Guardian as they have got this spot on.. Almost as if they have used VT for their info 🤔

Martin Laurence, the writer of that article and the founder of WhoScored, is a big Villa fan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sorry no more likes, thanks for linking that.

Felt odd reading that, rather awkward actually, had to stop and think a few times reading that because it was all bang on, it was like he'd done a bit of research and knew exactly what he was talking about, very odd.

He’s a Villa fan.

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't think @Okonokos Was arguing, but answering the question that was put to him, and I agree with him.

Also, how anyone can assume we sell a striker and replace him with a central midfielder is quite baffling.

Before Samatta was sold we were looking at needing a ST, AML and talking of trying to also strengthen in central midfield too.

Now Samatta has gone we still need two players for the void of a striker and also an attacking midfielder - We're looking at someone who can play both those positions!

I read it the same as @Okonokos

I didn’t mean to imply @Okonokoswas being argumentative, I meant ‘no need to argue’ as in no need for me to keep posting “no I don’t think we will sign another” in response to him saying “I do think we will” - it was supposed to be friendly disagreement as we don’t know, we would both like another player, and the squad looks good either way!

I can't complain if we are done with signings for this window, I think we have done very well with our purchases to date and they all look decent acquisitions to the team.

The only way I see us buying anymore players in this window is if someone were to leave, most likely player to leave in my opinion is El Ghazi as I have seen him linked to Olympiakos.

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood here - are you saying his work permit says we have to play him in 80% of games? That’s not how work permits work - they are retrospective. Where it might be an issue, I guess, is if for a future work permit we were using appearances as one of the things that gave ‘points’ - but there isn’t a rule within work permits that says once you have the guy you must play him.

It was for his original work permit after being denied for 2 yrs at man city..the FA rules are stringent towards international players especially to ones who have not been capped by their country.

If you check the FA rules on this it works on a point system and having to be guaranteed a certain number of games in the incumbents new team is a pre requisit to getting a permit

Im happy with our squad now too.  Any more and we are in danger of trying to integrate too many once again.

We have more than enough for this season goals right now.  However more importantly we have leeway to spend again next summer, when hopefully we are more attractive to better players!

• Like 1

It's been a great window. Improved massively on 5 position out of the 11. With Ramsay breaking through and Grealish signing a new 5 year deal, McGinn back and Wes on the way, things are looking rosy! 

Next summer will be another big one because I think we'll have to replace Barkley & Luiz but you never know. We're in a great position right now. 

15 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I didn’t mean to imply @Okonokoswas being argumentative, I meant ‘no need to argue’ as in no need for me to keep posting “no I don’t think we will sign another” in response to him saying “I do think we will” - it was supposed to be friendly disagreement as we don’t know, we would both like another player, and the squad looks good either way!

That's fair enough pal and if the window slammed shut now we have a fantastic squad as it stands.

Still 5 days to go yet though and still plenty of time if one or two more are to arrive...   👀