Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, markc said:

Jim White as just said on talksport he was talking to Purslow last night and he said that was Villa spending done for this window😥

Excellent, that means checkmate, brilliant ploy, 2 more at least on the hook, they won't get away, well done  Cristian.

star trek swag GIF by Cheezburger

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t think Targett is a bad player, but Rico Henry would potentially be a huge upgrade. 

He's ok. It's a bit like guilbert was ok.

But we've seen someone come in who, on face value, seems good so far and the impact that has on us as a whole. Ideally, I'd like the similar upgrade on the left side. Doesn't look like happening, however.

Oh well, if true, there is always January, and the next window.

Also, we could be playing transfer poker. lol

Either way, they do always say " If an opportunity arises " it could be taken with windows.

Hard to not be quite pleased with the business done though.

• Like 1

I’ll admit I’ve skimmed the last 15 or so pages so this may be redundant. Anyways, securing Barkley is going to prove to be immense this season. Too many times over the years we’ve relied on Jack to carry the ball up the field. If the other team negated his ability to get free we ran out of attacking ideas. Barkley gives us another bonafide ball-carrier in the middle of the park. I think we were interested in Rashica early on and it’s possible that would’ve moved Jack central. But I think we’ve dodged a bullet there as we now have Luiz, McGinn, and Barkley in the middle who are all capable defensively as well as able to move the ball up the field. 10/10 window and I’m more than happy with our signings. Anything less than a midtable finish, barring key injuries, would be a failure. 

• Like 2

I think another forward player coming in, even on loan, is a good idea. But this window has been amazing regardless of what happens.

Hopefully the bigger focus at the moment is selling players though as we still have Jota, El Ghazi, Kalinic, Lansbury and Nyland who could all leave with minimal impact to the squad, but a decent positive impact on FFP.

It's been a great window and I think we'll finish 10th-14th this season. 

I want to say its a 10/10 window/best window ever etc. but I can't help but feel we're a forward player light. One who can play across the front 3. I still can't understand why we bid for Rashica/Wilson in the first place as I can't imagine we've signed anyone instead of signing these players. 

Maybe I'm just greedy. 

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I think another forward player coming in, even on loan, is a good idea. But this window has been amazing regardless of what happens.

Hopefully the bigger focus at the moment is selling players though as we still have Jota, El Ghazi, Kalinic, Lansbury and Nyland who could all leave with minimal impact to the squad, but a decent positive impact on FFP.

I think el ghazi should stay if we don't bring another forward in. He's not good enough but he may get the odd few minutes or so.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Ridiculous throwaway line. How often did Liverpool play the same XI for the bulk of last season barring injury/suspension?

They rotated their midfield quite a bit to be fair, which given their style of play and options there makes sense.

Don't hurt me.

It's been a great window but we are definitely short of one attacking player. I said the same thing in the last week of the summer window last year and was disappointed we didn't get anyone else in. I hope we don't repeat that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I always fancied the idea of being the substitute goalkeeper. 

We can do a job share on that. Ok we’d only get half the wages each but I can tighten my belt and get by on £30k a week if you’re ok with it?

32 minutes ago, markc said:

Jim White as just said on talksport he was talking to Purslow last night and he said that was Villa spending done for this window😥

If true, that's absolutely fine with me. I would like to think they have held some budget back for January if required. 

• Like 2