Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

To be fair off the top of my head England don't really have much in the way of No.8 style midfielders, most of them happen to be DMs, so England are probably one team that would maybe benefit from finding a formation that allows for a No.10 style midfielder.

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

When? Genuinely interested 

Near the start of his tenure, there where frequent questions about where he was playing jack and were answered we don’t play with a number 10 and prefer to play with 2 8’s , which was true at the time , Glenn Whelan or Connor were holding and Jack and McGinn as 8’s, 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Any signings today before 19.00pm will be eligible for selection on Sunday!.. 

#getrashicadone

24050711-werder-bremen-transfers-davy-kl

Frozen out! - Davy Klaassen & Milo Rashica train alone.

The former has now handed in a transfer request to force his move to Ajax.

Interesting.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, useless said:

To be fair off the top of my head England don't really have much in the way of No.8 style midfielders, most of them happen to be DMs, so England are probably one team that would maybe benefit from finding a formation that allows for a No.10 style midfielder.

Some of the England DMs are absolutely Dier

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, avfcDJ said:

I think we will hold on to some money for January. I also think that is a sensible thing to do. Additions then will give a boost to players.

This is why I think we haven’t gone all out to plug all holes. January isn’t far away and there are more pressing issues. Think it’s about spreading the money out, especially with FFP in mind. 

14 minutes ago, useless said:

They’d benefit most from finding someone who decides on the formation who actually knows what he’s doing. 

• Like 3

I fully agree that looking at our team on paper that Targett is the weakest link.  However i don't think it's a glaring weakness - hes not bad, he just isnt that good either.

If we stick with the current line up we have i will be more than happy. It gets to the point that whilst a new LB would be great, we need to consider FFP and squad chemistry dynamics. Too much changes is not ideal and we have already significantly improved this year

Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

They’d benefit most from finding someone who decides on the formation who actually knows what he’s doing. 

was going to say the same, @useless is 100% correct in his post but its the manager that's the stumbling block, I don't think he has much interest in a number 10, look at how he said mount had never played that role after the last game, that's what he wants, someone mucking in but can get forward too, he obviously loves himself a bit of mount but we also have ox who would be in barkleys position / role

2 minutes ago, Gillz said:

If we stick with the current line up we have i will be more than happy. It gets to the point that whilst a new LB would be great, we need to consider FFP and squad chemistry dynamics. Too much changes is not ideal and we have already significantly improved this year

Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

Preach GIF

Edited by Kiwivillan

5 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I think we will hold on to some money for January. I also think that is a sensible thing to do. Additions then will give a boost to players.

I think as this season and next season's FFP is seen as one I'm guessing that the overall budget might be used as one too. I think it was @thunderball who posted earlier in the window that our overall budget maybe around 240m for this season and next. 

So if I was in charge of transfers I'd blow the rest on a loan fee for Messi lol.

8 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Why waste half a season in thinking the squad is not good enough? January is a dreadful time to do business as we have frequently shown for years. It is the home of the desperate and the needy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think as this season and next season's FFP is seen as one I'm guessing that the overall budget might be used as one too. I think it was @thunderball who posted earlier in the window that our overall budget maybe around 240m for this season and next. 

So if I was in charge of transfers I'd blow the rest on a loan fee for Messi lol.

*last season and this season as 1 for FFP

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Why waste half a season in thinking the squad is not good enough? January is a dreadful time to do business as we have frequently shown for years. It is the home of the desperate and the needy.

Yes but if we've only X amount left to spend there is some logic to holding it back for Jan and spending it where needed.

• Like 1