Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Do you mean Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood?

I had to Google what I thought the joke might be. I was right. Phew. Now no-one will suspect a thing.

19 minutes ago, Trickster said:

I like Preece but he has had very little before anyone else so far.

I know a lot don't like Nixon, but he does seem to have contacts with agents. He gets a lot of Champ -> Prem stuff right, even though some pretend he gets nothing right. I'm not a big fan at all of how he tweets but he definitely gets info, maybe nothing at all about Villa of course. Percy is of course the main guy.

Did anywhere have the Barkley signed story before the official site this morning btw? Didn't see any.

Nixon is full of it, trust me.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, sne said:

Not been fully fit pretty much since he joined Atletico. Only 1 major injury but tons of small ones so either playing with an issue or coming back from one.

19/20 Herniated Disc Nov 14, 2019 Feb 16, 2020 94 days 18Atlético Madrid
19/20 Groin Injury Aug 14, 2019 Aug 28, 2019 14 days 2Atlético Madrid
18/19 Muscle Injury Mar 31, 2019 Apr 5, 2019 5 days 1Atlético Madrid
18/19 Muscle Injury Feb 27, 2019 Mar 15, 2019 16 days 3Atlético Madrid
18/19 Foot surgery Dec 3, 2018 Feb 15, 2019 74 days 13Atlético Madrid
18/19 Foot Injury Nov 25, 2018 Dec 1, 2018 6 days 1Atlético Madrid
18/19 Muscle Injury Oct 28, 2018 Nov 9, 2018 12 days 3Atlético Madrid
18/19 Hamstring Injury Oct 4, 2018 Oct 23, 2018 19 days 2Atlético Madrid
17/18 Hamstring Injury Apr 13, 2018 Apr 24, 2018 11 days 3Atlético Madrid
17/18 Ankle Injury Mar 12, 2018 Mar 17, 2018 5 days 1Atlético Madrid
17/18 Muscular problems Feb 13, 2018 Feb 17, 2018 4 days 1Atlético Madrid
17/18 Muscular problems Jan 27, 2018 Feb 3, 2018 7 days 1Atlético Madrid
17/18 Concussion Jan 21, 2018 Jan 26, 2018 5 days 1Atlético Madrid

Fwiw I think he might have a rather good season if he stays with Atletico. They have a very interesting team and with Morata gone him and Suarez will likely play a fair bit between them.

Costa and Suarez up front together, managed by Simeone...

Tabletop Games Reaction GIF by AsmodeeGames

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

How many is too many? If we have Traoré and Barkley in, where do we put Sarr or Rashica? I'm worried about too many new faces too soon in the same area of the park.

Tend to agree to many changes and we are back in the same predicament as last year, as good as they are rather than Sarr or Rashica I'd be happy with Josh King on the bench, saying that Traoré could go either way yet and might not end up a regular starter.........ah F*** knows I want the window done so I can stop thinking about it really doing my head in now!!

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’d rather sign another ST (Brewster) than worry about Targett this transfer window.

Forward would be my top priority as well. My point was though simply we shouldn’t buy a LB to replace Taylor and push Targett, if we buy a LB it should be as I described.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Forward would be my top priority as well. My point was though simply we shouldn’t buy a LB to replace Taylor and push Targett, if we buy a LB it should be as I described.

Ideally yes, but it’s more important to replace Taylor than it is Targett.

But I don’t think we will this window.

Just now, rayk said:

Ideally yes, but it’s more important to replace Taylor than it is Targett.

But I don’t think we will this window.

No, no it isn’t. You don’t improve by improving your back up players. So no it’s more important to improve on Targett than Taylor and move the later on.

But I agree it won’t be this window.

• Like 1

I would say i was happy with martinez, cash, watkins and traore, but at the same time there wasn't that signing that made me feel like we really nailed it with a big "FU we are back" type cherry on the cake.

For me barkley is like the cherry on the cake tbh.

The cake was great, but barkley is like the final sweet sweet topping of intent.

• Like 3