Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Wouldn't mind having a look at Ryan Sessegnon for a season long loan (with view to permanent if any kop) 

You don't actually think that deal is possible do you? I mean without us all having to give away an internal organ, you are aware of Daniel Levy? He probably has a deal lined up to sell him back to Fulham for £80m...

• Haha 1

I’m starting to wonder if there might be something in the Diego Costa rumour. He’s only 31/32 so still got a couple of years left (Giroud is two years older) and it would be amazing to have that quality / experience on the bench.

Ideal as cover to Watkins, perfect to bring on if we’re chasing the game etc.

Completely the opposite proposition to Brewster in terms of transfer strategy (ie no sell on value) but I’d be very tempted to offer him a 2 year deal with our option for another year.

Dont get me wrong, much prefer Brewster but if we cant get Brewster I think he’s the next best option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

You don't actually think that deal is possible do you? I mean without us all having to give away an internal organ, you are aware of Daniel Levy? He probably has a deal lined up to sell him back to Fulham for £80m...

I've no doubt that you're correct, he'd probably want £60m plus Jack. 

To be honest though I don't think it's a bad shout. He's still young, clearly got plenty of potential, and provides cover in 2 positions that you could argue we are short (in quality if not quantity). 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I've no doubt that you're correct, he'd probably want £60m plus Jack. 

To be honest though I don't think it's a bad shout. He's still young, clearly got plenty of potential, and provides cover in 2 positions that you could argue we are short (in quality if not quantity). 

We should offer Taylor and £3m..... :)

Luiz, McGinn,Barkley, Grealish, Watkins, Trezeguet.

I don't think anyone outside the top 8 can field a better midfield and forward line.

Still. The Targett problem needs to be dealt with. He will cost us goals, but i don't expect much more business. We've already done so much.

Edited by villalad21

Just now, grobs said:

Nixon just replied this to a villa fan asking if we are done :Some say that’s them done. Yet there’s a top agent working on one. Usual window messing

Don't take any notice of Nixon....

He has all the scoops, just not the ones that happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’m starting to wonder if there might be something in the Diego Costa rumour. He’s only 31/32 so still got a couple of years left (Giroud is two years older) and it would be amazing to have that quality / experience on the bench.

Ideal as cover to Watkins, perfect to bring on if we’re chasing the game etc.

Completely the opposite proposition to Brewster in terms of transfer strategy (ie no sell on value) but I’d be very tempted to offer him a 2 year deal with our option for another year.

Dont get me wrong, much prefer Brewster but if we cant get Brewster I think he’s the next best option.

I'd take him, would still be a top signing

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Provided we actually pull off the Rashica signing on deadline day, this is where we're at: 

A 29 man squad, which means 2 goalkeepers and 2 outfield players need to go out (I can see Ramsey going on loan, which means one more out) at a minimum.

Martinez

Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett

McGinn - Douglas Luiz - Barkley

Traore/Rashica - Watkins - Grealish

Subs:

• Heaton/Steer/Nyland/Kalanic
  • Elmo/Guilbert/Taylor
  • Engels/Hause
  • Hourihane/Nakamba/Ramsey/Lansbury
  • Trez/El Ghazi
  • Wesley/Davis

On paper, this has been a brilliant window.  10th - 14th should be the minimum, but TBH, the sky is the limit.  Last season, our defense was shambolic, but as many have pointed out, a lot of our defensive problems were caused by how poor our forwards/wingers were (Jack being the exception).  We had no pace to hit teams on the break and spent most of our time struggling to get out of our own half.  That was addressed this summer and now we'll get a chance to see how well Mings/Konsa/Targett will handle being in a "standard" Premier League team.  If they actually are of the quality we hope for, we could continue to push further up the table.  Otherwise, we'll focus our strengthening on those spots next summer. 

Regardless, I'm absolutely chuffed, lads.  I haven't been this excited about Villa since we were knocking on the door of the Champions League under O'Neill.  It's amazing to see our progress under our new owners.  We've gone from mid table in the Championship with a lopsided financial sheet, to a mid-table Premier League side who plays exciting football and a lot of room to grow, both on the pitch and in the front office.  

We need another centre back 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Diego Costa is earning £300k/week at Atletico Madrid. He's not going to come here to be cover for Watkins or to be a guarantied starter for that matter. Move along.

That and his numbers for a while now what been utter crap

10 goals in total in the league in the last 3 seasons

Edited by paul514