Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I think we'll need an upgrade in DM, LW, RW. I'd look at another striker too.

A young FB, who can rotate with Guilbert or Targett.

Not sure who to get for DM or LW, but I'd still go for Benrahma.

3-4 players as upgrades on what we have will really improve us. We'll have a good squad fillers anyway.

Elmo, Hause, Konsa, Hourihane, Luiz/Nakamba, Wesley, El Ghazi, Trez, Nyland, Steer.

Heaton

Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Targett

McGinn, DM, Grealish (well, considering we're up and he stays)

LW, Samatta (or another striker), Benrahma

I think that would be decent. Also all our defenders have a year of experience in the PL.

• Like 1

We have a fairly young squad compared to most other clubs in the PL.

Crystal Palace and Watford  have a squad averages of close to 30 y.o. Not sure if it matters, it might?

Guess the contract status is more important 

Assuming we a) stay in the prem, and b) dont sell any players, i think we need the following critically:

DM : 30-40m

LW/IF : 30-40m

RW/IF : 30-40m

They need to be quality signings, with 3 quality signings in those positions i think we would be a much much better side.

If we had any money left after that, would look at a left and/or right back to challenge guilbert/targett.

If any money left after that, either a CB or another midfielder.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

So would the money invested into a void season count towards FFP?

Would be sweet if our owners could dump another £150m or so on top of what they already have without regard of is adding to this seasons FFP tally.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think they should have a year off from FFP and we should spend £300m this summer. 

I like you're thinking. :thumb: 

Why stop at £300m though? £700m would get us seven £100m players to start alongside Jack, John, Tom and Tyrone. I would settle for £300m though. ;) 

• Like 1

It's actually a face saving opportunity for them to drop the failed FFP experiment. They can announce its dropped because of the unprecedented circumstances we find ourselves in then quietly leave it be.

It's not done what was intended with the likes of Bury, Bolton and us getting into deep financial trouble so it doesn't even work. 

They'll definitely have to pause it or everyone is going to breach it. 

19 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

I think £20m on Smalling would be decent business in the summer. A very good defender who is experienced and would thrive at Villa next to Mings

£20m on Smalling would be robbery in today's market, surely they wouldn't sell him for that?

If they relax FFP for a year we need to owners to flex their muscle big time.

The only thing that might limit the ability to spend is wages, after all even if we could spend 500m, we would still need to be mindful of FFP when it came back in the following year, specifically related to our wage budget.

But i imagine another year in the prem (next season after voided this season), would mean we could spend a fair bit more in wages as we would then be guaranteed 2 out of the recent 3 years in the prem.

Edited by MaVilla

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

If they relax FFP for a year we need to owners to flex their muscle big time.

The only thing that might limit the ability to spend is wages, after all even if we could spend 500m, we would still need to be mindful of FFP when it came back in the following year, specifically related to our wage budget.

But i imagine another year in the prem (next season after voided this season), would mean we could spend a fair bit more in wages as we would then be guaranteed 2 out of the recent 3 years in the prem.

But how much will we recieve for the voided season?

Whats the legal actions for Sky and how much will they pay for the next two years?

I think the whole inflation will go down, players prices will go down. But when will the transfer window open? Who will gamble if next season starting is doubtful?

Will there be a new European football or just complete this year one?

I think in these circumstances we can keep Jack, but I don’t have an excuse idea how everything else will go.

Attack: Apart from Grealish, we don't have much. Samatta I like and think will prove to be a gem.

Midfield: McGinn has been poor in the PL. Luiz and Nakamba may be young enough to improve. They need to.

Defence: Engels and Guilbert I like, though both need to improve. Targett has his moments. All three are probably only good enough for back up. Mings, Hause and Konza not good enough for a PL team, even as back up.

Keepers: They have all looked dodgy at times. Only Heaton looks good enough, with Nylan as back up.

That's a poor squad, though many of you will disagree with my assessment. But my assessment is based on us being in the PL, and the sort of money rich clubs we face.

A lot of our problems are down to recruitment. What we have is a CH squad trying to compete in the PL. Also we may (possibly) have a manager who is not up to the job, and cannot get the best out of what we have.

On the bright side, and it is certainly not something I recommend, if we do go down, with these owners and a policy of buying good young'uns, we could come back up with a better chance of making a fist of it in the PL.

• Like 1

Be very interesting to see how the transfer window will be affected by current issues.

If the season is voided does this mean we are still under last years ffp or will this class as a new year?

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Attack: Apart from Grealish, we don't have much. Samatta I like and think will prove to be a gem.

Midfield: McGinn has been poor in the PL. Luiz and Nakamba may be young enough to improve. They need to.

Defence: Engels and Guilbert I like, though both need to improve. Targett has his moments. All three are probably only good enough for back up. Mings, Hause and Konza not good enough for a PL team, even as back up.

Keepers: They have all looked dodgy at times. Only Heaton looks good enough, with Nylan as back up.

That's a poor squad, though many of you will disagree with my assessment. But my assessment is based on us being in the PL, and the sort of money rich clubs we face.

A lot of our problems are down to recruitment. What we have is a CH squad trying to compete in the PL. Also we may (possibly) have a manager who is not up to the job, and cannot get the best out of what we have.

On the bright side, and it is certainly not something I recommend, if we do go down, with these owners and a policy of buying good young'uns, we could come back up with a better chance of making a fist of it in the PL.

Mings?!
Far and away our best defender. 

• Like 4