Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Nah we won’t be done yet. 

Agreed....cannot see us being in the same position with strikers as we were last Summer i.e. Wes with KD as back up and Kodjia (pissing about somehwewre in a strop) . I'm pretty certain we will sign a ST who can cover LW or vice a versa...Josh King would be a goo doption IMO.

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

In the summer of 2018, Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris bought a team facing the threat of administration: Aston Villa.

The team had recently lost the English Championship Playoffs Final to Fulham.

Then came Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris. The took over the club, and now they have returned it to the Premier League.

The sky is the limit, with such a fanbase and such a great squad,” said Sawiris according to The Express Standard.

“We’ve seen that with great management.”

Our ambition was not just to get promoted but to do well in the Premier League,” he added.

“It just feels great to be able to do something for all these great fans behind us.”

He explained: “I have to say I did envisage it.”

“We had 12 games left when Jack (Grealish) came back – we had to win 10, we thought, to make it and made it easy because we won 10 in a row.”

“And from then on we believed the whole time we would be standing right here,” he said.

“To be here on this pitch with my partners and all these fans, it’s truly incredible.”

“They bought this club last July when it was at its lowest ebb in its proud history,” said chief executive Christian Purslow.

“They’ve been brilliant owners, they are hugely experienced in the sport.”

“They asked me to come and join them – I’m so proud and honored to be here with them and to make all these incredible fans so proud. It’s the best day you could imagine,” he commented.

Its also great .....they only say what they need to say and to whom the need to say it.

very reassuring in todays world.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, KMitch said:

When was the last time we signed an established, regular, England international?  All our recent England internationals I can remember over the past ~20 years got into the squad regularly after joining Villa.  

Huge statement of intent...

Dion Dublin? He played his first three games for England, before joining us. 

57 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Stewart Downing perhaps? I vaguely remember him having played for the national team before he joined us. Might be wrong though.

You are not wrong. He won 23 caps with Boro, before he joined us in plaster. 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Don’t know about everyone else but I’m absolutely buzzing right now.

I hope it doesn’t come back to bite me on the arse come May but I really feel like we’re heading back toward being a top 6-7 club again. I’m finding it really hard to find a negative about us at the moment.

🏆🏆🏆🏆➡️5️⃣📅🎆🎊🎊🎆🍾

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

These are the signings that I like to see. 
we not just building a team for this season, but building a squad for the next ten seasons 

Yes, it looks that way especially when you consider all the exciting youngsters we are picking up.