Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Striker - Watkins

RW - Traore

I’m sure we’re working on bringing in a LW (Rashica/Sarr, maybe settle for Benrahma if unsuccessful with those two) and a CM (Barkley/RLC). 

Once that’s sorted, defence is the next area of concern (think the wingers will fill in at CF if/when Watkins is unavailable).

We’ll likely wait til Jan to sort that though, flipping FFP.

An injury to Mings, Konsa or both is a real concern and Targett needs genuine competition.

Yeah this is the best plan.. and throw in a CB would be the icing on the cake

I am of the opinion that Villa have been playing a lot of silly buggers with the press and other clubs. Lots of using supposed interest in other players to kick the ones we want into action.

I also believe that this is still ongoing and we are currently playing a game with Werder. If someone genuinely comes in for Rashica, you'll probably see Villa move quickly (doesn’t mean we get him), if not, this goes down to the wire or until Werder blink. Arlind's comments are contradictory and we believe he is close to the player, I can only see one reason for this........."panic Werder and hurry up!"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thing is, Tammy even missed loads of easy looking chances when he was with us, needs loads to score.

I've realised with fans alot of perception is simply down to favouritism or nostalgia.

Can you imagine the reactions if the likes of Davis or Wesley missed some of those?

This was what I was saying a couple hundred pages back. I love Tammy, but he is nowhere near being a top striker. He is in the same class as Wesley IMO.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Definitely at the hating it stage of the transfer window. Can’t wait for it to close. 

I reached that stage a few weeks ago, now I’m just begging for it to be over. Roll on 5th October (for international transfers)

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

No. But this season requires a lot of rotation as it's been shortened in time but not matches. Also Traore can come in for any of the four attacking players as it would be very versatile. He would get loads of games still.

Lol. We haven't bought Traore as cover/back-up.  I think your plans are a season or two ahead of where we are. 

16 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

That Arlind bloke still tagging Villa in anything related to Rashica on twitter. Same with Kosovo football news. 

Anything new happened?

Also, I'm inclined to think it's something like one of the above posters said.

Everybody is playing poker.

EDIT: Just seen

Cheeky sod has as well lol, how convenient.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anything new happened?

Also, I'm inclined to think it's something like one of the above posters said.

Everybody is playing poker.

Why use Aston Villa and transfer hashtags if the deal was off like he said yesterday?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah I’m glad we signed Watkins rather than trying for this lad:

Watkins missed a chance at Burton from a few yards out

I'm not dissing Ollie as I'm thrilled we signed him but your point does need balance. Every striker misses sitters.

• Like 1