Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Ramsey is like signing a new player......Kid looks a thoroughbred....and Keinan looks more composed too.

nice to see improvements...might save us some dough.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

The way I see it we have 13 players in our squad that you could rely on to put in good performances on a consistent basis. Some of those are new signings and I am going purely on reputation and my own thoughts on them.  If we can get that up to 16 and with some of the other players improving then we have a chance of being much more comfortable. 

Martinez, Heaton

Cash, Guilbert

Targett

Konsa, Mings

Traore, Grealish

McGinn, Luiz

Watkins, Davis

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ramsey is like signing a new player......Kid looks a thoroughbred....and Keinan looks more composed too.

nice to see improvements...might save us some dough.

Ramsey i agree with but KD is still a player that doesn’t have goals in him but is able to hold the ball well... LW/ST and CM required immediately 

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

The way I see it we have 13 players in our squad that you could rely on to put in good performances on a consistent basis. Some of those are new signings and I am going purely on reputation and my own thoughts on them.  If we can get that up to 16 and with some of the other players improving then we have a chance of being much more comfortable. 

Martinez, Heaton

Cash, Guilbert

Targett

Konsa, Mings

Traore, Grealish

McGinn, Luiz

Watkins, Davis

This is a good post and shows what we actually lack is enough quality. In terms of lower end Premier League / top end championship players we have a lot of them which is why we do well in the League cup with a second string.

edit: It’s also why I think we would have come straight back up if we got relegated.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

We arent far from a decent 11 (for where we are right now).

We need an MC critically, would be happy with a Barkley or RLC loan with a buy option.

in reality if we could get one of those, at a push you could argue any other purchases are cosmetic, by this i mean a new MC would probably round off the team "if" we dont have much cash left.

would be pretty happy with an 11 of Martinez, Targett, Mings, Konsa, Cash, Luiz, McGinn, Barkley/RLC, Grealish, Watkins, Traore.

The main issues beyond that are depth (if we dont have 20-30m to spend on a first team player).

"If" we do have more money, a new winger or striker would be nice, but also a new LB or CB to challenge would be good, all depends on our finances as to whats realistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As the squad currently stands I’d say avoiding relegation albeit in a more comfortable way would be the goal again. Sounds absurd after spending over 200m in 2 seasons but that’s how tough the league is.

I can't really make my mind up about it. At one side we've strengthened the squad by quite a lot, kept our best players (so far anyway). And I have a slight hope about finishing 15th-12th ish. Especially as we have added a proper striker to our ranks. If we had a proper striker the first 6 months of last season, I'm sure we would never have been dragged into the relegation mire. 

On the other hand what you say and the fact that we are just one or two injuries away from being utterly depressed about this team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This guy hasn’t got a f****** clue. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This guy knows nothing mate. He is just an attention seeker. Not worth quoting.

I thought so too but not so sure now. He called a few things a few weeks back. Seemed to mention Traore before it was mentioned anywhere. Might just be worth keeping an eye on.

• Like 1