Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Agents often tout their players to clubs. I think we've got more than just those three at the club who work on deals.

That has no link to said agents or any agents knowing what we are planning.

And, yes you are probably right, but again... The people at that organisation would and probably should have no clue as to what we are doing. 

Colour me sceptical.

1 hour ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Sky coverage is pretty embarrassing to be fair. They seem to be copying and pasting from Twitter. Rob Dorsett was on last night discussing our pursuit of RLC and Barkley and why, one might ask, would Villa want another midfielder when they already have seven. Went onto discuss Lansbury being surplus, Grealish having a free role and Jota, El Ghazi and Trezeguet being used in wider roles. Completely omitted any mention of McGinn and Luiz who are our actual starting midfielders and would be the competition for those positions. I was in disbelief watching such incompetence. 

My favourite bit is where the two transfer clearings in the woods sit down and talk absolute bollocks without a grain of truth.

Edited by Mazrim

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Agents often tout their players to clubs. I think we've got more than just those three at the club who work on deals.

Causation and correlation. 

Just because other parties may know of a potential deal, it doesn't mean x person or persons are ITK.

In other words - ITSOTP

If Rashica does happen, it looks like it will be close to the end of the window.

That's if by that time we aren't pissed off enough to have moved on ( If we haven't already done so).

I feel we will be strengthening CM with the thought of not securing a Left winger as well and have Jack play out there for the time being.

All that being said, longer it drags on the more desperate Bremen and the player will get.

His head will have been totally turned at this point.

EDIT: Reports of potential Anwar move strengthens our position regarding funds and wages. Can't think of who would be against adding Anwars wages to whatever we offered Rashica.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If Rashica does happen, it looks like it will be close to the end of the window.

That's if by that time we aren't pissed off enough to have moved on ( If we haven't already done so).

I feel we will be strengthening CM with the thought of not securing a Left winger as well and have Jack play out there for the time being.

All that being said, longer it drags on the more desperate Bremen and the player will get.

His head will have been totally turned at this point.

I have to agree that I think this move goes to deadline day. If we can pick up another win at Fulham on Monday night, then the screw gets turned on Bremen a little bit more. I think Bremen have put themselves in a corner. 

• Like 1

So what was Gabby going on about on Wednesday night in the tweet that got deleted ? Was it not Villa related ?

I can't see a situation where we don't sign anyone. We need a Striker, a CM and a left Winger as a minimum, since Engels seems to either never be fit or never be in favour an experienced backup CB is probably needed too, but we could crawl through to January without.

I can see us using the loan market for a couple of signings and perhaps buying a few from Denmark or who have been scouted by Lange to top up what we have.

12 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

at the moment our squad is only good enough to finish 7th-10th we need one or 2 more quality signings so we can challenge for top 4

Being serious for a second, the squad atm is still one that will most likely be fighting for survival. Injuries to key players will devastate us.

A few key additions of genuine & superior quality would help us to try to become a midtable side.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 4