Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

35 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I'd say he was an upgrade on Taylor, as he is more attacking minded, but not good enough to dislodge targett at the moment. It would be better to get someone who is better or has much greater potential than targett to have genuine competition. 

Can't argue with any of that pal, heading in to the season with our current 2 would be foolish though, although Hause can fill in too I suppose, who would you go for?

I want Rashica or some winger signed in time to play our next match against fulham or play some part at least i dont want no waiting until deadline day that doesnt sit right with me. Why are we waiting 3 matches in to get a player that is priority and needed quickly imo.

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think we will regret it if we complete this window without strengthening our midfield. It is the priority area for me, along with competition for Targett.

I concur. Strengthening our CM is now the priority. Look how the signings of Doucoure and Allan has transformed Everton. We need at least one CM similar to the aforementioned players at Everton to come in for Hourihane or McGinn, neither of which are athletic or physical enough for what’s required these days. Unfortunately we should be looking at those two as decent back up. You only have to see the Crystal Palace pair of CMs at Man Utd at the weekend, they bossed the game and provided the platform for palace to win. Ditto Liverpool with Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, or Keita. 
You absolutely have to have a strong middle three to utilise your FBs in the Premier League, which is what I think Villa are looking to achieve. Regrettably, McGinn and Hourihane won’t provide us that. 

• Like 2

I reckon the Villa have just leaked Sarr rumours to scare WB who seem to be holding out for more money for Rashica.  I assume we have no real interest in Sarr and this could be scaring WB who are financially in trouble and could be left without selling Rashica which they can’t afford to do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I reckon the Villa have just leaked Sarr rumours to scare WB who seem to be holding out for more money for Rashica.  I assume we have no real interest in Sarr and this could be scaring WB who are financially in trouble and could be left without selling Rashica which they can’t afford to do.

We’re not in for Sarr at all mate so you could be right.