Jump to content

Summer Transfers Window 2020

Topic will be automatically locked at 23:59


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

With buendia saying he wants a return to the prem, I wonder why we are going for someone like traore rather than buendia.

Probably because we need pace. We have no shortage of guile in Jack, Douglas and McGinn.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

He looks like he can handle himself although likes his turns a bit too much.

Right age, valencia need money and all players are for sale.

Would probably cost 20 million which seems our standard price this year.

Been reading he has been linked with UTD and has been compared to Matic (lazily)... Loan with obligation to buy would be ok... this is the sort of left field signing I expect us to make during the window. Probs BS and agent hawking him around. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

If Douglas Luiz is offered a new deal, will it include the buyback clause I wonder?

The buyback clause is with the purchase from Man City contract. I can't imagine it would be possible to remove that clause from his personal contract, that will purely be his personal wages, bonuses etc.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mister_a said:

If Douglas Luiz is offered a new deal, will it include the buyback clause I wonder?

Presumably that clause forms part of the sale contract between City and Villa, so it isn’t going anywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Looked promising for Brentford and Wales but the joined Bournemouth and nosedived quickly, as many players have joining Bournemouth in the past couple of years.

I’d be open to it, would think Smith might be best placed to get him back to pre-Bournemouth form

He apparently got injured in January and was out for 3 months so maybe his stats don't look as bad for last season as first thought? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now fenerbache have sold Muriqi to Lazio for €20mill fully expect them to come in for Samatta and can also see El Ghazi ending up in Turkey. 

Edited by thabucks
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Now fenerbache have sold Muriqi to Lazio for €20mill fully expect them to come in for Samatta and can also see El Ghazi ending up in Turkey. 

If we could another striker in I wouldn’t be against selling both of them - Must be a sale though and no loan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Presumably that clause forms part of the sale contract between City and Villa, so it isn’t going anywhere.

We could buy that part of the contract out, most teams have a buy back option with teams being able to buy it out

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

With buendia saying he wants a return to the prem, I wonder why we are going for someone like traore rather than buendia.

Thing with Traore is he can play across the front 3, and his best position may even be striker. With this being the case it makes sense to get both him and Buendia, as well as Rashica. This way Buendia starts right and covers CAM. Rashica starts left covers CF. Trezguet Covers left and right. Traore covers left, right, and CF. It's going to be a 2 games a week season so rotation is going to be very important.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

With buendia saying he wants a return to the prem, I wonder why we are going for someone like traore rather than buendia.

giphy.gif

But I'd agree with Keyblade we do really need pace. I would love Buendia though, I really hope Leeds don't get him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

We could buy that part of the contract out, most teams have a buy back option with teams being able to buy it out

Yes but that's an issue between Man City and Aston Villa, and not between Luiz and Aston Villa so does not affect his contract talks. 

 

I guess whatever we agree with Luiz, may affect how he feels about returning to them though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TRO said:

You are right ,on his game he is awesome......but for many reasons mainly bad injury, his form dropped considerably.....if he comes back to his earlier form, i concede, we have less to worry about.....but we don't want a season again of dipping because key players lose form.

I believe we need a specialist CDM to give us that insurance.

I absolutely agree. We definitely need another body in the midfield. I wasn't suggesting that our midfield is fine as-is. Just that McGinn is good and people seem to underestimate his abilities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dukes said:

Yes but that's an issue between Man City and Aston Villa, and not between Luiz and Aston Villa so does not affect his contract talks. 

 

I guess whatever we agree with Luiz, may affect how he feels about returning to them though. 

Yep. And our performances in the transfer windows will also have a bearing. Our ambition.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â