Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, paul514 said:

We aren’t going to be in that fight this year.

The teams isn’t likely to get as key injuries as last year at the same length, they are more experienced, more settled and will be joined by new players. Mid table 

If we sign a few more quality players we should be able to avoid that. Until we do we are still relegation candidates imo.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

We pretty much only have 1 wide player of PL standard and that's Grealish who some want to move into CM (I don't) so just like in January and since the wide position really needs to be addressed.

Getting a quality RW with pace is still the most important issue. Fail to do that and we will 100% be in a relegation fight again. Trez, ElGhazi and Jota are not good enough.

As some people have said, Deano may well be looking at a more Liverpool style of play, with attacking fullbacks and mobile central attackers, rather than wingers/crosses/target man. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Sarr would be perfect on the opposite site to Rashica but Liverpool apparently want him and I see 40m mentioned 

Yes, he looks a top player, but I suspect he will move to a London club or a top 4 team.

Just now, mjmooney said:

As some people have said, Deano may well be looking at a more Liverpool style of play, with attacking fullbacks and mobile central attackers, rather than wingers/crosses/target man. 

Poor Targett is going to struggle in that system, he's not mobile enough and won't get enough support defensively. Our squad also lack pace and plays at too slow a tempo. We were probable the most pedestrian side in the league last season. 

Will be fun if it works thou. But again it depends on getting a few quality signings in first.

4 hours ago, Mazrim said:

We 'lost out' on Wilson because he was their number 1 target to fix the Jer lint an problem and a guranteed starter, whereas we could not guarantee him a start.

Probably.

And a 5 year contract at £100k p.w.

And his boyfriend Ryan Fraser to hold his hand while he is up there (on similar money)

Just think about that financial commitment, we are not prepared to pay Jack more than £70K p.w. at the moment.

10 minutes ago, John said:

Yes, he looks a top player, but I suspect he will move to a London club or a top 4 team.

I thought at the start of the window we would have a chance but I thought he would be 30 not 40 and I didn’t know Liverpool wanted him.

if we had him all three forwards could inter change and Grealish could roam and overload it would be insane.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

What does this mean? He sent this on the 7th September, is it a renference to Wilson going to Newcastle.

It was in reference to Wilsons interview where he gave the reasons as to why he joined them and not us

He said massive club about 4 times, of course the number 9 and then his boy loves the film goal... Might even have said something about getting a lot of chances in a Bruce team

The bullshit was strong 

Just now, villa4europe said:

It was in reference to Wilsons interview where he gave the reasons as to why he joined them and not us

He said massive club about 4 times, of course the number 9 and then his boy loves the film goal... Might even have said something about getting a lot of chances in a Bruce team

The bullshit was strong 

Did he do the obligatory kiss the badge that all Barcelona signing used to be forced to do? :D 

Just now, villa4europe said:

The bullshit was strong 

Ahh, thanks bud. I didn’t get it. Good old Tayls, he’s a ledge

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Poor Targett is going to struggle in that system, he's not mobile enough and won't get enough support defensively. Our squad also lack pace and plays at too slow a tempo. We were probable the most pedestrian side in the league last season. 

Will be fun if it works thou. But again it depends on getting a few quality signings in first.

I hope we get Project Re-start Mings and no pre-lockdown Mings. We slow it down in lots of areas and dont support any breaks by AEG or Trez. Grealish is guilty, especially with his inclination to draw fouls and go down, but also Mings tends to dither too much (and has been caught a few times). I would rather we just sent it out rather than play from the back.

I know we are meant to be a possession team but we looked som much better with the safety first approach post-lockdown.

The one thing I really want from Grealish this year is riding challenges and adding some snap and change of pace to his game, he would be absolutely leathal if he could add that.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I hope we get Project Re-start Mings and no pre-lockdown Mings. We slow it down in lots of areas and dont support any breaks by AEG or Trez. Grealish is guilty, especially with his inclination to draw fouls and go down, but also Mings tends to dither too much (and has been caught a few times). I would rather we just sent it out rather than play from the back.

I know we are meant to be a possession team but we looked som much better with the safety first approach post-lockdown.

The one thing I really want from Grealish this year is riding challenges and adding some snap and change of pace to his game, he would be absolutely leathal if he could add that.

sorry dbl post againIdiot Facepalm GIF

Edited by Phil Silvers

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

If we get the post lockdown Luiz and Konza and the newbies click straight away we will be a force, those things take the pressure off Mings and Jack somewhat🤞

• Like 1