Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Benrahma not in the brentford squad today.

Also raya not in the brentford squad.....on his way to arsenal and martinez to us?

I thought Benrahma had a slight knock but it doesn’t appear so. Has anyone else been linked with him apart from us? Raya’s absence is very noticeable though, think the wheels are in motion on the GK front...

57 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Okay so you have more of a insight to his track record in the past which isn't of course the finished article of a player very much capable of showing he would certainly be a regular for a top half side IMO... mix that with games that you see him enthusiastic in and im sure you wouldn’t say hes worth bringing in. Certain players with the same talent id say no to but hes not a player that has this lazy attitude IMO or I would advise against it. I cant think of any other player that we could get at this current time with the same talent he has from any of those top clubs. 

He can also prove to everyone while playing for us what hes really capable of and hes only 25

As I’ve said before I would not bring him in.  Character is a big thing for me and my research points to him not having it, Watkins has that despite the risk at not playing this level you are going to get somebody giving their all every game.  My research suggests that is not the case with Origi so it’s a No thank you.

As for other players, that’s what the recruitment team are paid for to find those players with the right attitude and then we can assess as links arise.  Thankfully links to Origi have gone as quickly as they came.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I thought Benrahma had a slight knock but it doesn’t appear so. Has anyone else been linked with him apart from us? Raya’s absence is very noticeable though, think the wheels are in motion on the GK front...

West Ham Arsenal etc

• Thanks 2

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

West Ham Arsenal etc

Thanks. Think Martinez seems pretty likely now, though I suspect it was Benrahma or Rashica rather than both and seems the Rashica rumours are building up. Could be wrong though.

1 minute ago, cyrusr said:

Thanks. Think Martinez seems pretty likely now, though I suspect it was Benrahma or Rashica rather than both and seems the Rashica rumours are building up. Could be wrong though.

You maybe right, I maybe crazy 

If we sign Rashica and Martinez, then just another midfield option, I think we’ve achieved a bloody decent window.

Looking at midfield options with Premier and/or Championship experience (seems to be Smith’s preference), I guess we’d be looking at Hughes, Swift, Billing type.

With Chelsea being stacked heavy though, we could test the waters and enquire about Loftus-Cheek? Had his injuries, but very good when fit.

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

If we sign Rashica and Martinez, then just another midfield option, I think we’ve achieved a bloody decent window.

Looking at midfield options with Premier and/or Championship experience (seems to be Smith’s preference), I guess we’d be looking at Hughes, Swift, Billing type.

With Chelsea being stacked heavy though, we could test the waters and enquire about Loftus-Cheek? Had his injuries, but very good when fit.

Billing has 2 relegations in a row. Cursed

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Billing has 2 relegations in a row. Cursed

He is also a mostly a big lump, the game against us he just spent the first half kicking Jack and should have been sent off, obviously got subbed at half time. Even if the players we look to bring in wont be of Jack's class I at least want someone who tries to compete with players of his class fairly. Billing just gave up and went for kicking him down. And as you say two relegations in a row doesn't bode well. I want a high energy box to box CM who is top class at passing and can link up well with Luiz, Targett and Jack on the left.

We pretty much only have 1 wide player of PL standard and that's Grealish who some want to move into CM (I don't) so just like in January and since the wide position really needs to be addressed.

Getting a quality RW with pace is still the most important issue. Fail to do that and we will 100% be in a relegation fight again. Trez, ElGhazi and Jota are not good enough.

58 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I thought Benrahma had a slight knock but it doesn’t appear so. Has anyone else been linked with him apart from us? 

They said he was "injured" on Sky, but they would have been told that wouldn't they? I would guess he's on his way somewhere soon. I see Sarr was out "injured" last night for Watford. It will be interesting to see whether Buendia and Cantwell, turn out for Norwich today or are "injured" as well. I wonder whether these players may be about to move, perhaps one or two of them may be on their way to us? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

We pretty much only have 1 wide player of PL standard and that's Grealish who some want to move into CM (I don't) so just like in January and since the wide position really needs to be addressed.

Getting a quality RW with pace is still the most important issue. Fail to do that and we will 100% be in a relegation fight again. Trez, ElGhazi and Jota are not good enough.

We aren’t going to be in that fight this year.

The teams isn’t likely to get as key injuries as last year at the same length, they are more experienced, more settled and will be joined by new players. Mid table 

2 minutes ago, John said:

They said he was "injured" on Sky, but they would have been told that wouldn't they? I would guess he's on his way somewhere soon. I see Sarr was out "injured" last night for Watford. It will be interesting to see whether Buendia and Cantwell, turn out for Norwich today or are "injured" as well. I wonder whether these players may be about to move, perhaps one or two of them may be on their way to us? 

Sarr would be perfect on the opposite site to Rashica but Liverpool apparently want him and I see 40m mentioned 

• Like 1