Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You’re forgetting all the TV money mate, I’d think it’s balanced out at the moment give or take.

Unless we get markedly better Grealish will leave at some point for sure but I don’t think it’s the basis for our transfer strategy.

I feel A basis of the transfer strategy is also trying to improve exponentially in an attempt to keep him happy,

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Don't get me wrong I have been loving every minute of this and last year's summer window. Feels like the early Lerner years when General what's his name was hanging around spreading good feelings about our top 4 challenge. Long may it continue (with Jack, hopefully)

I’d forgotten about the general! Love Lerner or hate Lerner, I loved the general. 

Poor old Randy. He meant well but he probably wasn’t the best businessman and then his wife took half his money. Say what you like, the man had the best intentions. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Don't get me wrong I have been loving every minute of this and last year's summer window. Feels like the early Lerner years when General what's his name was hanging around spreading good feelings about our top 4 challenge. Long may it continue (with Jack, hopefully)

No, it’s REAL this time...

These owners are genuine and have sense & nous. Very much unlike our previous ones.

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

The “who would you have instead” discussion I’m not so good at but I do follow football passionately across the PL like most on here and when we are linked with players I love finding out about them, reviews, character about them over the years from various sources.  YouTube clips are one thing but comments about players at the time of selling are always biased one way or another so I don’t hold them in such high regard.  So I read a lot of older reviews, articles and analyses when they are just talking about the player with no thought of selling.  These articles sometimes come from people close at the club, where players have gone on loan, coaching and management staff talking about the player over the years.

In regards to Origi, he’s certainly has had some high points.  Reading reviews though of him over the years seem to suggest issues with his character that he’ll have a spell where he is great but then a much longer spell when he’s awful.  There were discussions around whether that was because he’s been used as an impact sub but reviews seem to suggest the other way that he’s a sub because he has spells where he doesn’t get after it.  Some suggest that’s because he hasn’t had a proper run, others highlight to his great start at Wolfsburg on loan where he was great for the first 10 games then awful for the next 20 games.  

Seem to be whether he’s wanting it, a character floor that I want to stay away from.  I don’t want a player that looks good on a highlights clip....I remember the days of Collymore lazing his way around the Villa park turf with only occasional magic.  We, as a team, can’t afford a luxury player like that, that can disappear for a large number of games so for me Origi is a No.  It’s also interesting that no other club has really had any other serious interest in him despite some of the highlights he’s done.

Okay so you have more of a insight to his track record in the past which isn't of course the finished article of a player very much capable of showing he would certainly be a regular for a top half side IMO... mix that with games that you see him enthusiastic in and im sure you wouldn’t say hes worth bringing in. Certain players with the same talent id say no to but hes not a player that has this lazy attitude IMO or I would advise against it. I cant think of any other player that we could get at this current time with the same talent he has from any of those top clubs. 

He can also prove to everyone while playing for us what hes really capable of and hes only 25

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d forgotten about the general! Love Lerner or hate Lerner, I loved the general. 

Poor old Randy. He meant well but he probably wasn’t the best businessman and then his wife took half his money. Say what you like, the man had the best intentions. 

I won't hear a bad word about General Krulak.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Guys, don't kill me for this but I feel our massive outlays this past season and this season are based on the fact we will have a equally massive outgoing transfer at some point. It's the only way to really balance the books when you consider FFP.  I'm not saying Jack is definitely leaving this window but I think his departure is inevitable at some point and the club is just smartly spending to ensure when he does leave we don't tail spin back to the Championship.  

I would love to be wrong and Purslow has a plan to evade FFP. I just can't shake this feeling. Besides City and Chelsea (who are actually playing catch-up from their transfer ban) no other team is spending at this rate. Outside of selling Jack I don't see how Villa balances the books. 

gordon ramsey idiot GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I wonder how much Marko Grujic would cost, if not Will Hughes then Grujic could be a good alternative, just what we need, physical presens, good in the air, good technique, could play in the left CM box to box position. 

We had a link to Grujic a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1