Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We lost out on Wilson because of a stupid movie.

That must be a first.

Don’t worry, he’ll be leaving for Real Madrid next year anyway once he’s watched Goal! 2 with his son.

Edited by mikeyjavfc
  • Haha 3

We 'lost out' on Wilson because he was their number 1 target to fix the Jer lint an problem and a guranteed starter, whereas we could not guarantee him a start.

Probably.

Also, thank God. Average player with a poor scoring record. I honestly dont know why we enquired, knowing who else we were and are interested in.

• Like 1

If we can get King for a song and seal the Rashica and Martinez transfers, I’d be delighted with this window. We have probably paid over the odds, but I don’t think we can avoid the mad inflation is fees. 

It’ll give us flexibility in the line up and formation we choose to play, as well as greater depth on the subs bench: allowing us to use players like AEG and Trez as impact subs, which is how it should be. Nice to see that all-domestic back four, too. 

If we could then ship out at least two of Hogan, Kalinic, Henri and Jota, I’d be bloody dancing. 

29881A3F-DABA-4562-A570-94902BEDB74C.jpeg

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Tarkowski at 27 needs to move now !   He has 5 maybe 6 years at peak ..   A team will move for him in this window whether its west ham or leicester. Its the perfect time for Villa to step up.

Totally agree and would love Villa to put one over the owners of West Ham but not the manager for my obvious reasons.

Can’t see it though with Konsa improving and Mings in England squad. Wages may also be an issue but it would make one hell of a statement.

Came across this article, think it’s quite relevant and useful to us as many are of the opinion that we need a new CM with a more physical presence:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/data-analysis/finding-new-defensive-midfielder-for-spurs-data-analysis-statistics

Anyone think we could realistically get any of these players?

A few that would be difficult to attract and wanted by top clubs (e.g. Zakaria & Sangare) but some/others may be attainable...

Rongier, Grujic & Diawara have been linked in the past.

Yangel Herrera?

I wonder if we could get Bakayoko (loan to buy) from Chelsea? He’s not settled there, out of favour, and had loan spells at Milan & Monaco. Probably difficult to attract but there is the opportunity for him to adapt to the league with us...

Milinkovic-Savić would be a dream (impossible) signing, someone of the same ilk maybe? We need some aerial strength too as we do look small & light in MF. Someone solid alongside Luiz would help us a lot, especially against the top sides.

Edited by Jas10

"In an ideal world we’d have got more players in sooner because it’s never easy asking people to hit the ground running in the Premier League, let alone when you sign them 10 days before the season starts.

"We have to be understanding. Everybody’s still holding out for pre-Covid prices and the buying club is of course asking for post-Covid prices."

Tyrone Mings

• Like 3

Guys, don't kill me for this but I feel our massive outlays this past season and this season are based on the fact we will have a equally massive outgoing transfer at some point. It's the only way to really balance the books when you consider FFP.  I'm not saying Jack is definitely leaving this window but I think his departure is inevitable at some point and the club is just smartly spending to ensure when he does leave we don't tail spin back to the Championship.  

I would love to be wrong and Purslow has a plan to evade FFP. I just can't shake this feeling. Besides City and Chelsea (who are actually playing catch-up from their transfer ban) no other team is spending at this rate. Outside of selling Jack I don't see how Villa balances the books. 

3 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Guys, don't kill me for this but I feel our massive outlays this past season and this season are based on the fact we will have a equally massive outgoing transfer at some point. It's the only way to really balance the books when you consider FFP.  I'm not saying Jack is definitely leaving this window but I think his departure is inevitable at some point and the club is just smartly spending to ensure when he does leave we don't tail spin back to the Championship.  

I would love to be wrong and Purslow has a plan to evade FFP. I just can't shake this feeling. Besides City and Chelsea (who are actually playing catch-up from their transfer ban) no other team is spending at this rate. Outside of selling Jack I don't see how Villa balances the books. 

get out gtfo GIF

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Oh what a surprise.

We spent more last season, and that was WITHOUT being in the Premier League for a season yet.

If all the other clubs fans thought like us they would be shitting themselves every time they did any sort of positive transfer business.

Selling him this close to the season would be ridiculous for a multitude of reasons, and I can't see the club being this naive.

The club should be improving the squad regardless.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Negative GIF by memecandy

Don’t be such a Negative Nancy.

We are going places with these owners and have genuine ambition, they have the wealth & credibility to do it and don’t forget they pumped millions into the club to bring us back from the brink. FFP is just slowing the process for us.

Put the shitting pants away and look forwards with optimism & excitement. We (inc fans) have to start thinking & acting like a big club again.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

get out gtfo GIF

Don't get me wrong I have been loving every minute of this and last year's summer window. Feels like the early Lerner years when General what's his name was hanging around spreading good feelings about our top 4 challenge. Long may it continue (with Jack, hopefully)

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

This is rubbish. Go watch John Terry play, or our own Mings. If the ball comes into the box a centre back has to win it by hook or crook. Even the most refined and composed do. They just don't look rushed or panicked doing it.

He hurled himself at the ball so calmly.

Look at that elegant lunge.

He was so composed as he gracefully dived in like a lunatic there.

Hmm. 

10 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

You’re forgetting all the TV money mate, I’d think it’s balanced out at the moment give or take.

Unless we get markedly better Grealish will leave at some point for sure but I don’t think it’s the basis for our transfer strategy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1