Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I have doubts on some of the statistics in here. They're considerably different to some other sources of these statistics.

And stuff like the average goals scored and assists(either per 90 or per game, its not clear at all) by a winger from all top 5 leagues being 0.1 and 0.0 respectively just seem obviously wrong. Unless I'm reading the graphic wrongly.

Edit: I have this sinking feeling that he meant averages across all players from all top 5 leagues, not just wingers, which could help make sense of some of the statistics. Which if is the case makes the graphic incredibly misleading.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Doesn't he have a release clause? Somebody elsewhere mentioned that he has a premier League one but I cannot remember where I heard it. Could be a load of nonsense of course.

From what that I've read on him there could be a release clause but the specifics of it aren't public knowledge at this point.

Out of interest, what's the general view of bringing the likes of Benrahma or Sarr now we've just executed a tactical masterclass against Liverpool?

It almost seems a shame to bring in a new winger and shift Grealish in to centre mid doesn't it? The thought of dropping McGinn makes me a very sad panda.

This has been an excellent window in terms of improving the spine of the squad with genuine quality.

We’ve gotten rid of some deadwood, but the options in critical areas are still short, we should be looking at the likes of Rico Henry at left back. The striking options are still short, even with Traore, and Wesley still a few months off. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I can't blame you for drawing this conclusion. Whenever I see anything posted on Twitter or Facebook, all I see is tits. 

Speaking of Twitter tits, have a look at what this one has posted 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Out of interest, what's the general view of bringing the likes of Benrahma or Sarr now we've just executed a tactical masterclass against Liverpool?

It almost seems a shame to bring in a new winger and shift Grealish in to centre mid doesn't it? The thought of dropping McGinn makes me a very sad panda.

I don't see how we can shift Jack from where he is as it works so well and the MF 3 look great too, our game plan against liverpool was outstanding but we will need different game plans as the seasons progresses.

If we could get a top class RW and LB I'd be over the moon but doing it all in one window is unlikely.

I think they will see how Trez and Traore do till January do and just stick with Targs and Tayls for the season then get a top LB when Tayls contract expires and push Targs to backup unless he has a blinding season.

edit, if can shift AEG would get LW or preferably someone who can cover the front 3 like Rachica, but I guess that's what Traore does.

Edited by Phil Silvers

For me Buendia is the one. We had Barkley utilising his pace power and technique behind Watkins. Watkins is similar in that his game is based around pace, power and technique. So I think the creativity of Buendia on the right, with the creativity of Jack on the left, plus the runs from deep of McGinn makes for one of the best front 4's in the league. 

We saw from Trezguet against Liverpool that he operated more as a creative winger than a direct pacy winger and he did the job well. Buendia would do it better. Trezguet would then be cover for Jack and Buendia and Traore would be cover for Watkins and Barkley.

The link up play with Cash would also be better with a creative playmaker type on the right.

• Like 1

But I thought we were going to buy Rashica?!

Other than the Watkins signings, most of the transfers were as usual done quickly, without fuss, and with most 'journalists' having no clue about them.

Everyone thought Grealish would leave and he signs a new contract. Without that we would not have brought in Barkley's loan.

I think overall its been a quality window and we have made some calculated signings who seem to be great additions on and of the pitch.

The EFL window does give us something to think about with some good players available, will be interesting to see if we move anyone else on over the next week or so to free up and additional player or 2

Personally i think a loan for Josh King would be a good move due to his versatility and bearing in mind cost

IMO we need a squad depth so that can handle any C19 positive tests, injuries and absences of any kind.

If we can get this right and get points on the board early then any we can be prepared for any unexpected (expected) issues, such as footy stopping (C19).

It would make sense to ensure you had decent cover all over the pitch.

If could choose...

CB cover- another EK- Wilmot/Mepham/Rodon...Mawson?

LB- compete against MT- Henry or Swansea LB

CM- Squad depth, future signing- Swift/Hughes/Cook/

Winger/Forward- Benrahma/Brooks/Sarr

Might see a mixture of buying now and loan to buy to help with finance.

Biggest thing is getting others out or part of a swap deal to help with any future incomings.

26 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

For me Buendia is the one. We had Barkley utilising his pace power and technique behind Watkins. Watkins is similar in that his game is based around pace, power and technique. So I think the creativity of Buendia on the right, with the creativity of Jack on the left, plus the runs from deep of McGinn makes for one of the best front 4's in the league. 

We saw from Trezguet against Liverpool that he operated more as a creative winger than a direct pacy winger and he did the job well. Buendia would do it better. Trezguet would then be cover for Jack and Buendia and Traore would be cover for Watkins and Barkley.

The link up play with Cash would also be better with a creative playmaker type on the right.

Yes and No. I think Buendia is an excellent player. The one reservation I have about him is pace. We’ve shown over the last few games that we can quickly counter attack teams now and I worry we might lose that with a similar player to Grealish on the other side.

He’s still a terrific player. Wouldn’t grumble at all if we signed him. 

35 minutes ago, sne said:

I absolutely would not shift Grealish centrally, and I've never wanted to. I think he's at his best and most useful where he is. Still be interested to bring in another winger but that would be to replace Trez & Traoré but can't see that since we spent big on Traoré already.

LB and CB (along with a attacker/wide player) is where I'd still like us to bring in someone.

I don't even think Jack wants to move into the centre now. He scores goals and is generally devastating cutting in from out wide. 

• Like 1

Ramsey has to go on loan, whilst he's good enough to be a back up player, it will be much more to his and our long term benefit if he goes somewhere and gets regular first team football this season, in a way it would feel almost selfish to deny him games just to keep him around on the off chance that we might need him.

If we sign another centre-forward, or someone like King, I'd still be tempted to send Davis on loan to the championship club as well, for similar reasons, albeit that one would be more risky as he's closer to the first team.

• Like 1

I think Sunday showed no matter how good your squad is if you lose one or two key players you will suffer.  I think our problem is if we lost any one of Martinez, Jack, Ollie, Mcginn, Cash Luiz, Konsa, Target or Mings we become significantly weaker.  If we lost more than one of them at the same team we go from a top 10 team to avoiding relegation.

It’s just how it is and why the bigger clubs with a bench that could get in to most first times will always do well.

Hopefully we can have some luck with injuries and suspensions this season. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1