Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not so doubtful of the championship as I first was, but I think they need to be athletic, like Ollie and Matty.

However, I think our business is done for now......I also think whoever comes in to this team from the seconds will have sufficient quality around them to lift them to a better standard....Jack couldn't do it on his own.....This team has something about it now, like a "band of brothers"

Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Supervillan78 said:

Still a chance we could get a striker from the championship before the domestic window closes. My money's on Benrahma or King.

whats this Karlan Grant like?

4 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Still a chance we could get a striker from the championship before the domestic window closes. My money's on Benrahma or King.

I'm confused...  Doesn't Premier League registration end tonight?  Loans out can continue to the EFL before their deadline, but we won't be able to register anyone inbound until January.

56 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Don't be disappointed. We still have until the 16th to sign most of those wingers, with the exception of Rashica (Although Watford are refusing to let Sarr leave on loan and are demanding something crazy like £60million for him).

Plus, as has been exhaustively discussed we were never going to fix every issue for various reasons.

No I agree we can't fix every position and we will build a competitive squad over time but it would have been so good to get Rashica over the line after our great start to the season. That one looks over for now but can see us potentially going back in for him in January. 

Hopefully we can bring one more forward in before the window closes completely on the 16th. Would be very surprised if Sarr, Buendia, Benrahma and King all stayed where they are in the Championship and I'm sure we'd be interested in one of them. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, KMitch said:

I'm confused...  Doesn't Premier League registration end tonight?  Loans out can continue to the EFL before their deadline, but we won't be able to register anyone inbound until January.

Nope we can keep signing (loans and permanent) from the EFL because covid.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

you are nifty with your Gif's.....you are good, Jas not me.

I liked the “band of brothers” line...

it’s very much the case right now and great to see.

What we all wanted, less burden on Jack and more of a threat throughout the team/attackers, I think we will deliver a fair few more spankings this season 😂

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

We can still sign players from the Championship up to 11pm on October 16th mate. 

• Like 1

I still think there will be a lot of bargains this January.  The longer football goes on without fans in the stadium, the more likely clubs will need to sell players in order to stay in business.  Someone we get for 30 million today, we can probably get for 20 in January.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Incorrect. The EFL/PL have an extension until Oct 15....(I believe) - it's for permanent and loans - and is new this year - maybe because of covid.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Incorrect. The EFL/PL have an extension until Oct 15....(I believe) - it's for permanent and loans - and is new this year - maybe because of covid.

Does this mean we're still able to loan Januzaj?  Can someone please clarify that for me?

8 minutes ago, rayk said:

I don’t think anyone can fault who we did sign, just maybe a bit of regret about players we didn’t sign.

I’m with everyone on that but at last I trust the club in terms of who they sign and what price we sign players.

I think its all about blend, not necessarily the individual.....its the balance of the team and the players doing their individual thing to make the whole....they are getting to know where each other is much better and getting their foot in to disrupt the opposition and create turnovers.

Its easy to go on the game last night, as they won't all be like that, teams will be wary and tighten up and make it difficult for us......but I see a change in us, the kind of change I saw in the 80/81 side. Now I am not saying we will emulate them, but something has clicked and I hope I am not speaking too soon.

The back room looks better too with Craig Shakespeare and I have never doubted JT's involvement or commitment.

We have good reason to be cautious with what we have been through.....but I sense we can relax now and give the owners the unswerving credit they deserve.