Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

31 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Anything can happen on deadline day, there are so many variables at play. 

While my head tells me that we won't be signing anyone, my heart can't stop thinking, what if? 

What if we get an acceptable bid for Lansbury, El Ghazi, or Taylor? Does our thinking change and we can suddenly go for someone? What if a transfer elsewhere breaks down and one suddenly becomes available? Opportunities can seemingly appear from nowhere so I'm not ready to accept that's it just yet, even if I think it probably is. 

They're more likely to go to the Championship so still a bit of time for them to go and to get a replacement from down there.

At least we have some cover in midfield and up front.

But we have serious need of another CB.

We are unlikely to go all the way through a season with the same 2 CBs through injury or fatigue.

Then it is Hause or Engels or Elmohamody. And that would be a disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

At least we have some cover in midfield and up front.

But we have serious need of another CB.

We are unlikely to go all the way through a season with the same 2 CBs through injury or fatigue.

Then it is Hause or Engels or Elmohamody. And that would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Engels is a perfectly good back up.

Remember the "Mingels" partnership at the start of last season? Also remember when Engels looked like shit the whole team looked like shit. Major doubt is he could stay injury free though.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Wilson has 4 PL goals, Watkins has 3...?

I think its more his dominating performance against the current league champions that suggests not only will he score more goals than Wilson but is the complete package.  

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Wilson has 4 PL goals, Watkins has 3...?

In all competitions, Watkins has 5 for us, Wilson has 4 for Newcastle.

Watkins WILL score more than Wilson in the PL this season.

Edited by TheStagMan

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Anything can happen on deadline day, there are so many variables at play. 

While my head tells me that we won't be signing anyone, my heart can't stop thinking, what if? 

What if we get an acceptable bid for Lansbury, El Ghazi, or Taylor? Does our thinking change and we can suddenly go for someone? What if a transfer elsewhere breaks down and one suddenly becomes available? Opportunities can seemingly appear from nowhere so I'm not ready to accept that's it just yet, even if I think it probably is. 

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

If I haven't heard Harry's opinion from the window of his car at least once today, it won't feel like transfer deadline day. 

I have always wondered - Does Harry just spend the day driving around hoping to bump into Sky Sports reporters?

I genuinely don't understand what people get from making up bullshit transfer news. 99.9% of the time your proven wrong at the end of the window and just get dogs abuse (Rightly or wrongly)

What do you gain from it? Literally makes no sense to me. Maybe I am just old!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1