Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

21 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Those that slated callum wilson and said he would be a bad signing ☹️ I have no words for you ... now I wouldn’t have wanted him at our club but only on the basis that he didnt want to join our club.. but doubting his goalscoring abilities and screaming for watkins instead was ridiculous because we never knew what watkins could do in this league.. not saying watkins isnt a good player or anything but wilson has 3 or so goals now already when watkins still has none... lets hope he can grab one today however... but just to point out the mentality that many of us have which is quite backwards. 

anyway the match later is our focus and Liverpool keep losing players by the hour of course they will still cope without them quite easily.

You're acting like that because he's scored 3 goals?!? For what it's worth, I still would absolutely rather have Watkins than Wilson, for many reasons. Call me backwards if you wish.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Christ, calm down. He’s played two games extra than Ollie and half his goals have been penalties.

I actually like Wilson, but he rarely plays as a lone striker (played in a two at Bournemouth, and now up front with Joelinton). They’re different players (and even though Wilson apparently turned us down) I’d bet Smith would pick Watkins to play up front his in 4-3-3 ten times out of ten.

Wilson is also much more injury prone. Let’s judge this one at the end of the season. 

Probably the reason he turned us down is the fact that he wouldn’t get a guaranteed starting spot here, he’s the star along with St Maximin at Newcastle, and as you say is good in a front 2 along with Joelinton or Carrol suits him well.

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How many cookies do you want?

We can give you one for every time Bowen, Maupay, Joe Bryan, Benrahma and Tammy score as well?

Callum Robinson hat trick against Chelsea the other day as well, clanger by the club.

Well im talking about someone here who has england caps and scored 15 plus in the Premier League ... my point is none of those players were slated like callum wilson by our fans ... case closed .. callum robinson didnt score a hat-trick against chelsea 🤦🏽‍♂️😂

Edited by RicRic

27 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

get out gtfo GIF by Tony Awards

Mate, the people who didn’t want him are the people who want to sign players that that will continue to develop beyond this season. 

Football goes beyond one season, the more fans get behind that idea, the better their clubs will become. 

Hes only 28 🤔 3 or 4 good years left in him yet

33 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Those that slated callum wilson and said he would be a bad signing ☹️ I have no words for you ... now I wouldn’t have wanted him at our club but only on the basis that he didnt want to join our club.. but doubting his goalscoring abilities and screaming for watkins instead was ridiculous because we never knew what watkins could do in this league.. not saying watkins isnt a good player or anything but wilson has 3 or so goals now already when watkins still has none... lets hope he can grab one today however... but just to point out the mentality that many of us have which is quite backwards. 

anyway the match later is our focus and Liverpool keep losing players by the hour of course they will still cope without them quite easily.

Think most of us had little doubt over his ability ( even with fairly average stats) but most were concerned how long he would stay fit

12 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

You're acting like that because he's scored 3 goals?!? For what it's worth, I still would absolutely rather have Watkins than Wilson, for many reasons. Call me backwards if you wish.

No you have every right to.. i just feel he received unfair criticism with not much justification thats all im saying 

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Well im talking about someone here who has england caps and scored 15 plus in the Premier League ... my point is none of those players were slated like callum wilson by our fans ... case closed .. callum robinson didnt score a hat-trick against chelsea 🤦🏽‍♂️😂

Don't mind me anyway lol.

I'm just trolling.

Yeah correct he scored 2 I think.

Only 1 signing I want now anyway.

3 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Think most of us had little doubt over his ability ( even with fairly average stats) but most were concerned how long he would stay fit

Good point... and with that we could look at danny ings and look at his success after being hit with unfortunate injuries