Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

28 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I know. I so badly want to get into the “what kind of goals they are” debate lol but, at the end of the day he’s scoring and today makes 4 in 4 games.

They're the kind of goals that count when deciding who has or hasn't won a football match.

• Like 1

I think even if we signed Messi or Ronaldo instead of Rashica we'd be disappointed because of the amount effort and creativity and quite frankly love we've shown to Rashica. 

In all seriousness a very good window which needs one last icing on the cake 🎂

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I get the feeling that we won't be negotiating with Baumann again. 

WERDER BREMEN IS PLAYING POKER WITH AJAX: DAVY-KLAASSEN'S WHEREABOUTS UNLIKELY

Bremen - When Davy Klaassen was coming from the SV Werder Bremen office towards the team cabin on Thursday afternoon, a fan asked him from the side: "Are you staying or are you leaving?"

The answer will have been just as unsatisfactory for the fan as it was for Davy Klaassen himself. "I don't know," said the Dutchman - and that was probably true. The future of the 27-year-old is currently being negotiated between SV Werder Bremen and Ajax Amsterdam. 

Bremen's sports director Frank Baumann officially confirmed the player's change request and the discussions between the clubs on Thursday, but also indicated that the financial gap is still large. Therefore, it is also quite certain that Klaassen will play for Werder in the home game against Arminia Bielefeld on Saturday. Probably for the last time.

"I don't think that can be resolved in the next one or two days," said Baumann about the knot that has formed during the previous transfer negotiations. According to reports, Werder's claim is based on the 13.5 million euros once paid for classes, but the Ajax offer is below the ten million threshold. As long as the Dutch do not bow to Bremen's demands, Davy Klaassen will stay with Werder. At least that's how Baumann sees it and explained: “We won't just let Davy go. Only when our ideas are met are we ready to do something. So it will play on Saturday - and maybe beyond October 5th. "

How seriously such half-sentences like the last one should be taken remains to be seen. Because the overall situation is such that in the end only one transfer can actually result. Ajax wants Klaassen, Klaassen wants Ajax, and Werder Bremen urgently needs money to cushion the shortfall in income in the past and coming months. Part of the transfer fee should be used exactly for this, "but part can also be reinvested," confirmed Baumann, but did not make any weighting: "If we were to sell Davy, we would very much like to add a midfielder."

Poker 'Klaasses'

Starting to sound familiar?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

The good thing is the domestic window being open for a bit longer. Gives us time to potentially sell or loan out players who will make very few appearances this summer. Also means that the likes of Benrahma, King or Sarr won't be completely out of the question just yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

The good thing is the domestic window being open for a bit longer. Gives us time to potentially sell or loan out players who will make very few appearances this summer. Also means that the likes of Benrahma, King or Sarr won't be completely out of the question just yet.

How do ya think this might effect transfer fees? On one side the market for these players to go abroad will be gone but then they will be the only market for premier League clubs

2 hours ago, pete101 said:

How do ya think this might effect transfer fees? On one side the market for these players to go abroad will be gone but then they will be the only market for premier League clubs

I don’t think it will affect the player fees.

The second window makes them more likely to be sold than if it were just one if a club has the budget and has missed out on a target like Sancho and Sarr for arguments sake.

For the price to rise you would need multiple clubs willing to pay in the ball park for a player

As I’m bored I just wanted to say after spending 140m last season 75m this season (plus addon), buying the club, the ground and clearing all the debts the owners have spent an enormous amount of cash.

To my mind it is so much it is more than a mid table premier league club is worth.

So having said that I think you can infer one of multiple motivations.

1. They are in it for the fun of it.

2. They think they can make us a champions league team and get a billion pound valuation on the club.

3. They are believers in the TV rights being streamed by the premier league themselves (much much higher tv revenues)

I think three is the most likely as I believe it will end up like that in the next deal or the one after myself.

looking at it as fans I feel we should be grateful for the spending so far and not expect it to continue every season as a given.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Ismaila Sarr is still a possibility if you believe the press.

Not really. Most have said we're done for business, assume at least big transfer. PremNews ITK has been better than most sources and said 1 day he had no news because his source was unavailable. Sounds like he knows an agent or something. 

Watford want more than the 30m they paid so would be another record transfer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

As I’m bored I just wanted to say after spending 140m last season 75m this season (plus addon), buying the club, the ground and clearing all the debts the owners have spent an enormous amount of cash.

Don't forget that the club was rewarded with around £108M for finishing 17th last season so all expenditure needs to be kept in context !!!

That 'premnews' / 'premtransferman' isn't reliable, c'est un mystère pour moi why so many seem to think that they're 'ITK', all they do is repeat the current rumours and have never been first with any news. The other day they were caught out saying that we were set to bid for a player without realizing that that player had already signed for someone else, and then quickly deleted the tweet and replaced it with one linking us to a completely different player.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

That 'premnews' / 'premtransferman' isn't reliable, c'est un mystère pour moi why so many seem to think that they're 'ITK', all they do is repeat the current rumours and have never been first with any news. The other day they were caught out saying that we were set to bid for a player without realizing that that player had already signed for someone else, and then quickly deleted the tweet and replaced it with one linking us to a completely different player.

Said few days ago we were done for business. Don't know the other account

Edited by Kiwivillan

Premnews and premtransferman are the same account, they don't know what's going on and just repeat whatever rumour is doing the rounds and sometimes add their own spin that can never proven to be right or wrong. Lots of people are saying that  we're done in the transfermarket, but they're not 'itk', they're basing it off what Smith said about us being happy with we've got.

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really want us to just sign someone else now. My gut tells me we are done. 

The Jota thing suggests not, but last day is rarely a good one for Villa not our style to do big deals so late no matter how much the fans expect/want it every single window.