Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

24 minutes ago, rayk said:

That’s what I mean though, Benrahma could be the Jack like magician as an AM, not so much the no 10/second ST role.

Despite what others might say, Rashica more of a out and out winger.

Rashica is an inside forward rather than a winger.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Rashica is definitely our preferred winger and almost certainly it will happen if no CL league team come in - very unlikely.

Brewster is very likely Villa very interested

Loftus Cheek is a real possibility. Chelsea will have to be convinced he will play enough

Barkley is unlikely

A french midfielder is also being assessed

As far as i know no-one else is being sought

Need @joshharris12 or @Stevo985 itk to confirm 🤣

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Rashica is an inside forward rather than a winger.

Okay, fair point......I meant he’s not an AM and not a ST.

Wing/inside forward yes. Benrahma can play those roles too but can also genuinely play AM.

13 minutes ago, rayk said:

Okay, fair point......I meant he’s not an AM and not a ST.

Wing/inside forward yes. Benrahma can play those roles too but can also genuinely play AM.

Benrahma and Jack would end up getting in each others way. Jack needs runners around him, not someone who plays like him in the area he tends to drift out to when played  centrally. This is why I think Buendia made more sense as he operates on the right.

Having an inside forward on the left suits Jack best, as when Jack drifts left he will look to move in behind and in-between the fullback and the centre back. 

Also Rashica is proven at a higher level then Benrahma. Benrahma would beJack's  backup no more. That's why we have no intention of spending 20m plus on him.

Personally I'm not convinced Benrahma is anything more than average at Premier league level.

17 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Benrahma and Jack would end up getting in each others way. Jack needs runners around him, not someone who plays like him in the area he tends to drift out to when played  centrally. This is why I think Buendia made more sense as he operates on the right.

Having an inside forward on the left suits Jack best, as when Jack drifts left he will look to move in behind and in-between the fullback and the centre back. 

Also Rashica is proven at a higher level then Benrahma. Benrahma would beJack's  backup no more. That's why we have no intention of spending 20m plus on him.

Personally I'm not convinced Benrahma is anything more than average at Premier league level.

I agree with a lot of what you say but Benrahma and Beundia are very similar players imo.

I know what you’re saying about Jack and Benrahma occupying the same spaces.....which is why I’m more keen on Sarr or Brewster....but if Jack got injured Benrahma is the only player I can think of who could fill his boots.

Edited by rayk

17 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Would be sensational value for money.

I really like the player from the limited amount I’ve seen but apparently his fee has dropped to €10m so €17.5m hardly sensational vfm for a CM in the last year of his contract and who is likely to be a bench player.

i mean we spent c£17m on Traore and that genuinely could be sensational vfm.

Edited by rayk

10 minutes ago, rayk said:

You’re kidding right?

He’s a very good player, but he doesn’t necessarily stand out, but makes the team tick, he’s a conductor, something we’ve been lacking for a long time.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Hopefully this one is quick and straightforward like the Traore deal 

Never heard of him , stats and video makes him look like a big upgrade on hourihane and huge plus is that he seems to hit a free kick ever bit aswel

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

He’s a very good player, but he doesn’t necessarily stand out, but makes the team tick, he’s a conductor, something we’ve been lacking for a long time.

I totally agree....it was the comparison to Bacuna I was questioning.

23 minutes ago, rayk said:

You’re kidding right?

Another thing to note.

Seems like ALL the players we are signing or linked to, can take a cracking free kick!

Something we have been severely lacking for as long as I can remember.

It finally seems our board and management see these things are are addressing them.

Players who can cover a few positions as well.

Refreshing!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1