Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

My guess on this whole Rashica deal is,

we’re still in negotiations with WB, considering it’s the last thing said from Bremen

im also starting to believe Villa has not even spoken to Rashica’s agent as of yet, and probably won’t until we meet Werder’s demands first

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Cheers for that mate.  One thing I do not understand about Rashica if he is that good how come a club hasn’t snapped him. 30m these days is a bargain for a top player. 

If he joins us he will get a massive wage increase and be showcasing his talents in the most popular league in the world. 

Purely speculation but I think his desire for personal reasons is to stay in Germany but the bigger clubs don’t need him and the smaller clubs can’t afford him. 

Likewise, speculation, but I think Germany, the pandemic, and the terms of any potential move are all at play here.

Committing to Aston Villa for the foreseeable future also means he is ensuring any future fee for him is going to be sizeable during that time with us.

Not to mention he's finally found form enough to attract the attention of the world, and I'm sure he wants to see that he puts himself in the best position to maintain and continue it.

You ask how come a club hasn't snapped him up for a bargain fee of 30 million? Again, in my opinion, there's also a number of reasons behind this too.

I will say that it wasn't long ago at all that he handed in a transfer request amid interest from Liverpool, who are undeniably one of the best teams in the world currently.

They have opted to bring in Diogo Jota for a higher fee than what they would've paid for Rashica, but for whatever reasons they have down at Liverpool, it's justified.

Lastly, Rashica has only come on to the scene, however impressively, of recent in the last two years. Credit to him, it's obviously down to desire and hard work.

I don't really think you'll find a single club that wants to part with 30 million for a player unless that player delivers the goods, and anything short of that is certainly not a bargain.

You also have to consider that football is a team game, and any individual that belongs to that team must add value to the dynamic and dimensions of any given team outfit.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bose said:

The Rashica timeline from that Sadiku guy. Basically the same tweet all the time, just reworded really. Don't think he knows anything.

August 12th: Werder Bremen and his agent are in advanced talks with Aston Villa

August 18th: This week will be decisive for him. Aston Villa is still on the race.

Sept 13th: Milot Rashica is glad with potential move to A. Villa.  Werder is happy with Villa bid.  Maybe 2-3 weeks.

Sept 20th:  Aston Villa is in pole position. According to my sources, there are some small details to finish the transfer. Rashica have told Werder that he is happy to move in England.

Sept 25th: Milot Rashica update Aston Villa have met Milot Rashica's clause (25 million euro). But Villa couldn't find any agreement with Milot's personal conditions. Now, kosovan midfielder is waiting the answer from Premier League side.

That summarise about 200 pages of the Rashica thread-the directors cut.

• Haha 1

In my opinion  there are two obvious debates that I need to say.

I would rather have Benerhama from Brentford for 25-30 million then Rashica from 20. I know we probably at this point don’t have all the money in the world to spend after the signings we’ve already made but if I had the choice I would stick to what I’ve said. I know Benerhama is unlikely but I would have rather put all eggs in one basket and I would of made him and Watkins priority because Samatta and El ghazi aren’t premier league starters. If the bloke is wanted by Chelsea who are looking like prime Man City when it comes to spending, we already knew but that shows the boys god talent, I’d rather have a bloke who can bang in 16 and assist 15 or whatever it was in the championship then someone we don’t know too much of who nearly was in the Bundesliga 2 and would not adapt to the premier league at all. It might sound hypocritical as we were almost relegated last season or what ever but I just don’t want to talk any chances which I hope you can agree with me. Again I know we probably won’t get Benerhama but I’m just just saying anyway.

Oh and also Bertrand Traore>Neymar

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, KingBromford said:

In my opinion  there are two obvious debates that I need to say.

I would rather have Benerhama from Brentford for 25-30 million then Rashica from 20. I know we probably at this point don’t have all the money in the world to spend after the signings we’ve already made but if I had the choice I would stick to what I’ve said. I know Benerhama is unlikely but I would have rather put all eggs in one basket and I would of made him and Watkins priority because Samatta and El ghazi aren’t premier league starters. If the bloke is wanted by Chelsea who are looking like prime Man City when it comes to spending, we already knew but that shows the boys god talent, I’d rather have a bloke who can bang in 16 and assist 15 or whatever it was in the championship then someone we don’t know too much of who nearly was in the Bundesliga 2 and would not adapt to the premier league at all. It might sound hypocritical as we were almost relegated last season or what ever but I just don’t want to talk any chances which I hope you can agree with me. Again I know we probably won’t get Benerhama but I’m just just saying anyway.

Oh and also Bertrand Traore>Neymar

Do we know this properly apart from one rumour?  All we know is for a second summer window, at this point in time, nobody has brought him....why?  His talent on the surface looks there but with all other players moving across leagues and countries he might not move...again.  Maybe people, too many, don’t think he can step up especially or in case of the money it would cost to attain him.  Even with our money we still brought Traore over him.

55 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

pretty much all the transfers this season are taking time.

watkins, Rodriguez, Sancho, Suarez, Bale
all took/taking longer then they should have  

Would be an amazing window, but I think we might be a bit top heavy with all of them.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I honestly don’t know what to believe but here’s the article, backed up by next to nothing:

Aston Villa have - for the time being - walked away from transfer negotiations with Werder Bremen winger Milot Rashica, BirminghamLive understands. 

The 24-year-old has been tracked by Villa throughout the summer window with sporting director Johan Lange at the heart of conversations with Werder transfer chief Frank Baumann and the player's representatives. 

It's understood that Villa have met Rashica's €22.5 million release clause (£20.5 million) but talks have stalled with Rashica wanting to double his reported €40,000-a-week wages.

Villa remain wary of handing out big wages to players who've yet to prove themselves in the Premier League. The majority of last season's squad are on low salaries compared to other teams in the Premier League, for example.

Jus get this done & pay the effing money Villa. We need this kind of player to take us to the next level or two...need El Ghazi & Trez as far away from the first XI as possible.

We shouldn't break the pay structure for him. He would already be getting a decent pay increase, so if he only wants to join for stupid money, then perhaps he isn't the right player for us after all. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Do we know this properly apart from one rumour?  All we know is for a second summer window, at this point in time, nobody has brought him....why?  His talent on the surface looks there but with all other players moving across leagues and countries he might not move...again.  Maybe people, too many, don’t think he can step up especially or in case of the money it would cost to attain him.  Even with our money we still brought Traore over him.

I think there will be a flurry of extra movers from the championship after the main window closes and clubs might not have got their targets.