Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think that's where the links to Swift make sense. However I'd like us to go to Lille and pick up Boubakary Soumaré. Box to box midfielder, strong, quick, technically gifted and tactically very good. He kept getting through on Sunday with a favourite DM of mine Valentin Rongier. 

Two other players we should look at if a certain kosovan doesn't turn up are Jonathan Bamba or Nanitamo Ikone. Both at Lille and they look like they've got the ability to play in the premier League.

I really admire your optimism but no chance of that happening. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I love how most clubs are really conservative and spending very little this summer because of Covid-19. 

Meanwhile our owners doesn't seem to give a s*** and are shopping with an open wallet.

Have thought about that a bit. I think we positioned ourselves well on the FFP side of things last season with Purslows knowledge and now don't have as much massive revenue streams missing that the big clubs or new stadium clubs have and our owners are advantaged by Covid fallout

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I love how most clubs are really conservative and spending very little this summer because of Covid-19. 

Meanwhile our owners doesn't seem to give a s*** and are shopping with an open wallet.

Feels like footballs equivalent of the Stock market’s buying in the dip.  When everybody is backing out of shares and the price is decreasing then unless a valid reason you buy into the dip knowing things will right themselves.  We are buying when others are not buying and they are being reserved, knowing things will eventually right themselves and we’ve picked up some quality along the way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

We are not going to be able to do everything this window, I think LB can wait, we defo need a CM or dynamic DM. I think priority is another striker even after Rashica, we can’t make last seasons mistake.

Thing is, Traore can double as a CF.

If it's only two more, i'd prioritise CM and LW.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Seriously though I think we need to upgrade Tayls, 

I stopped reading here. 

Thanks. 

We are going to fit you with a turbocharger, bigger wheels and a spoiler. 

Edited by TheStagMan

13 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Sarr would be amazing. I was hoping we'd be in for him. Not saying we are but makes sense if so.

Liverpool was his assumed destination, have to wonder has the Jota signing changed this ,

Haven't seen a lot of him , remember him destroying Liverpool, would a raw version of Mane be a fair comparison?

Having owned Sarr for most last season in Fantasy I should be excited but scored 5 goals and 6 assists and 3 goals and 2 assists came from games against Manure and Liverpool then he did bugger all else in the other games. I think he's media hyped because of who he scored half his season goal contributions against

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Liverpool was his assumed destination, have to wonder has the Jota signing changed this ,

Haven't seen a lot of him , remember him destroying Liverpool, would a raw version of Mane be a fair comparison?

I read somewhere that he was going to Man U on loan. Sounds like there’s some game playing going on to possibly put pressure on other deals. With Liverpool it could have been to help the Jota deal over the line, with us possibly Rashica. In Man U’s case it’s all part of their policy of running around like headless chickens because nobody is doing what we tell them anymore. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Having owned Sarr for most last season in Fantasy I should be excited but scored 5 goals and 6 assists and 3 goals and 2 assists came from games against Manure and Liverpool then he did bugger all else in the other games. I think he's media hyped because of who he scored half his season goal contributions against

Fortunately, I'm pretty sure our scouts rely on more than Fantasy PL when deciding who to sign

• Like 1

On 19/09/2020 at 21:50, villalad21 said:

Starting to get the itch for a post match day rant, but i promise i will go easier on Smith this season.

I feel like he hasn't been properly backed. We are severely lacking quality options in midfield. And Hause, Engels as CB backups are both terrible.

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You really do change your mind like the wind changes direction don’t you 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have this feeling our transfer activity may be over.  Wouldn’t be the end of the world but a little but disappointing.

You can quote me on this, but I reckon we're half way through.

• Like 2