Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

One good thing today showed is we aren't going to have a triumphal march to mid table with the current options in the final third. Amazed at the amount of people on here after Watkins signed who thought that was all we needed upfront (as Wesley will be back in January which is still ages away). And perhaps get another wide player in.

We need to sign enough to make sure Trez isn't starting 20 + games like last season. Hopefully Traore will be available for Fulham and option off the bench but we need Rashica and another striker in without question in next two weeks.

2 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

This team with Rashica and Traore, with Jack moved to Conor’s position, would be v interesting.  I really hope we pull it off because we’re solid enough but so pedestrian* going forward.

*stealing an excellent word used by several posters in the match forum.

I think this is it to be honest. We crave Jack in the centre bombing forward with players either side that can stretch teams. We don't have that with the current 3 unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

I think this is it to be honest. We crave Jack in the centre bombing forward with players either side that can stretch teams. We don't have that with the current 3 unfortunately.

Think we'd be picked off too easily with 4 out and out attackers v top 6 teams.

However tonight we certainly needed some credible wide options and they'll be many more similar games to this throughout the season.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Think we'd be picked off too easily with 4 out and out attackers v top 6 teams.

However tonight we certainly needed some credible wide options and they'll be many more similar games to this throughout the season.

I think its the way forward. I do think though that we need a bit more athleticism in there. McGinn looks unfit and Hourihane just doesn't.....I don't know what Hourihane does tbh. I didn't play bad but just has no drive. to make anything happen.

• Like 1