Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

Limited by choice due to FFP. 

We took a punt on a squad player. 

Barely even a squad player, he was an emergency back up, to a back up signing in Samatta whilst our front line was decimated.

We shouldn't even bite onto some of these.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's the BBC's Chief Football writer - in theory, that makes him the most senior football journalist in the UK. A position that carries a huge amount of prestige - and one that no journalist would want to jeopardise by confessing they've not done even the most rudimentary research before writing an article.

Agreed, however, what I will say is that, he doesn't really seem to confirm anything until it is basically done, re transfers.

Less involved in the "speculation" periods and so on IMO.

To me he would probably be someone who gets fed information by junior journalists and decides when to go.

That being said, I think that last tweet is a speculative one or calculated guess.

Not simply because it's not what we want to hear either.

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Why do you wish you kept your mouth shut?

Regardless if we sign him or not, it’s been a great thread! 

Nothing VT related.

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

You get them with all clubs, mate. Unfortunately they’re the ones that shout loudest, but I choose to believe they’re the minority.

I‘m sure I’m not the only one who has really appreciated and enjoyed your information regarding Rashica, but I’d understand if you felt like keeping stuff to yourself from now on. It no doubt seems like a thankless task.

I agree, the thread has been hillarious and none of us expected it to Rocket to 300 pages (Sorry for the pun).

The general consensus from the small minority of roasters like someone else mentioned on these other solcial media platforms.

It's quite cringing to see. I'm glad I've never stepped foot on one.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

12 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I'm absolutely sick of going on Twitter and seeing a post from the club, looking at replies and a load of pricks saying "announce so and so" or "this isn't a singing" etc. It's embarrassing and childish. Said it before and I'll say it again, social media is the worst invention ever.

I think this happens across  fanbases. Seen so many Arsenal trolls commenting "Aouar" (Lyon player they are after) across social media channels.

44 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I'm absolutely sick of going on Twitter and seeing a post from the club, looking at replies and a load of pricks saying "announce so and so" or "this isn't a singing" etc. It's embarrassing and childish. Said it before and I'll say it again, social media is the worst invention ever.

It was fine until everyone could install FB and twitter on their phones. The interwebs were amazing till about 2002 or so :P

Social media holds a mirror up to life, dickheads were everywhere before but you had to actually meet one to find out. Add to that the amazing opportunity for manipulating the weak of mind through targeted ads and hey presto, the fucktopia that is 2020!

It's pretty obvious we have some more irons int he fire, both from what Smith said, what else good sources on here have said, what the squad is crying out for and the obvious ambition of our owners.

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

It was fine until everyone could install FB and twitter on their phones. The interwebs were amazing till about 2002 or so :P

You're not wrong! It was also a much friendlier place. I'm not sure whats happened with the world in the last 10-15 years, everyone seems to have become so angry and less tolerant. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I know what you're saying. Don't think it's an issue with the platform, the problem is that the majority of people are rocket polishers. I blame the parents :D 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I know what you're saying. Don't think it's an issue with the platform, the problem is that the majority of people are rocket polishers. I blame the parents :D 

In theory, Twitter is a wonderful idea. I try to use it as a rolling news feed. In practice, people are either arseholes, wind up merchants, dickheads or just plain scum and that ruins it.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

In theory, Twitter is a wonderful idea. I try to use it as a rolling news feed. In practice, people are either arseholes, wind up merchants, dickheads or just plain scum and that ruins it.

Sadly that’s football twitter, its 98% opinionated, loudmouth, crass idiots. It’s like alcohol, getting drunk often lifts the kimono and unveils the real person. Football FB groups are the same, unbearable.

Twitter is in the whole good though, some decent and often funny communities and contributors. 

As a tip, remove the majority of anyone you follow associated with football, and just search via hashtag when you want to see anything on a football topic, that way your timeline doesn’t get overwhelmed by knuckledraggers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Okonokos said:

tom cruise singing GIF

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, thunderball said:

Football FB groups are the same, unbearable.

Honestly, they are the absolute worst. I thought people who left YouTube comments were the bottom of the pile till I read those. 

Edited by VBM
  • Like 2

dudes, come on, im reading this thread, the comments around social media, and people seem shocked that the vast majority of people on social media have the IQ of a brick.

i mean.....are you shocked?, really?

I thought it was quite clear that this was the case.

If i were thanos, i would ensure the finger click only eradicated 50% of all persons who regularly use social media, the universe would be exponentially improved in an instant.

Avengers Infinity War GIF

(edit: i am not really advocating thanos undertake a genocide on 50% of social media users, this is obviously a joke......just in case the snowflakes dont get it)

Edited by MaVilla

6 hours ago, Awol said:

When we got relegated I didn’t watch Prem football at all until we came back up. It’s taken me a season to get used to the league again and how much it’s changed. 

Same with me, I can’t remember watching a Prem game when we were down. Maybe some CL games with some friends but that’s it. Now though I watch every relative game I can. West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth for example last season. Ofcourse following my PL fantasy players too lol.

• Like 3