Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 hours ago, 7392craig said:

Sort of, we all do it. But also I know it seems that he’s matured as a person over the last couple of years. I don’t know that about Barkley.

Remind me which of them crashed their car a few weeks ago on his way home from a party/workout/mystery event during lockdown? ;)

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Which one plays on which side? All I have to go on is YouTube videos, have you seen either of them play jacketspuds?

Rashica left, Traore Right. 

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Which one plays on which side? All I have to go on is YouTube videos, have you seen either of them play jacketspuds?

Nope, not seen either play other than YouTube as well, so not in a place to comment on specifics. But others have mentioned before about them playing on opposite sides.

Whatever happens, this window will be the best we've had in years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Rashica can play anywhere across the frontline but primarily plays on the left of a front 3 as an inside forward. He's right footed.

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Was just about to post this so may as well add it to yours thanks.

Turkish newspaper Fanatik claim Fenerbahce are close to completing a deal for Aston Villa striker Mbwana Samatta.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-close-getting-deal-done-aston-villa-player/

I would rather he was sold than loaned, I'm not sure he will be replaced either if we have Traore and Rashica coming in.

It almost certainly means Davis won't be going on loan.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I would rather he was sold than loaned, I'm not sure he will be replaced either if we have Traore and Rashica coming in.

It worries me that we would be down to Davis and an injured Wesley as backup strikers if Samatta goes. Maybe Traore can play a striker role, but even having someone like Josh King in the squad would help if the unthinkable happens and Watkins gets injured.

If he starts doing well you know there will be certain players, like Ben Mee, who won't mind tackling Watkins around the shin / knee area.

40 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Remind me which of them crashed their car a few weeks ago on his way home from a party/workout/mystery event during lockdown? ;)

Mystery event indeed. Do we know if he was actually driving yet?

Also, do you need me to remind you? Because I think you’ve got it 👍

Edited by 7392craig
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

King or brewster are the current twitter rumours...i would kind of hope we could bring in someone with a bit more WOW factor as we are only an injury to watkins away from disaster same as last season really

Odsonne Edouard Celebration GIF by Celtic Football Club

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

It worries me that we would be down to Davis and an injured Wesley as backup strikers if Samatta goes. Maybe Traore can play a striker role, but even having someone like Josh King in the squad would help if the unthinkable happens and Watkins gets injured.

If he starts doing well you know there will be certain players, like Ben Mee, who won't mind tackling Watkins around the shin / knee area.

No way would I be more worried about him getting injured than say Mings, I'd much rather spend 20 million on a centre back than a centre forward considering Wesley is coming back, we have a new first choice striker, then you have Davis and the supposed wide forwards coming in.

Mings gets injured you are playing Hause or Engels, the same situation with Targett or Luiz

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I would hope we now don't sign my number one target for a striker this year at 40 million pounds and spend it on a centre back, left back, central midfielder and in that order.

Don’t disagree, hopefully the wingers we bring in can cover at CF too.

Still, I would welcome as many top signings as possible (if it’s 40m for Edouard, that’s certainly excessive though. Maybe a deal with add ons can be done, international caps etc.) and we have no idea how much we can or are willing to spend. The owners mean business, it’s just FFP we have to contend with (though we are seemingly keeping the wage budget in check).

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t disagree, hopefully the wingers we bring in can cover at CF too.

Still, I would welcome as many top signings as possible (if it’s 40m for Edouard, that’s certainly excessive though. Maybe a deal with add ons can be done, international caps etc.) and we have no idea how much we can or are willing to spend. The owners mean business, it’s just FFP we have to contend with (though we are seemingly keeping the wage budget in check).

I don't think there is anything to suggest it could possibly be more than last seasons budget, I would have thought slightly less (Covid and higher wage bill)

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

I don't think there is anything to suggest it could possibly be more than last seasons budget, I would have thought slightly less (Covid and higher wage bill)

We can spend £140m nett realistically. More if we want however would need to re-balance next summer (i.e. depending on how much more, not buy anyone or even sell next summer).

Yorkshire AVFC was outlining it on a podcast, basically we did some creative accounting the season we cam up and basically broke even despite a real world £60m loss, this gives us some wriggle room on our average annual £30m per season loss over three seasons. the FFP extension allows us to spend next years money this summer if we want.

I think we are keeping a cash pot to go shopping in the final days, looking for a bargain as there are several clubs struggling due to COVID. Fortunately we are in a very comfortable position with no cash flow issues due to our owners deep pockets and willingness to invest and kick on. We are basically a less brash Chelsea/Man City.

So were sposed to be announcing on Friday Traore, we shall see.

Aston Villa are now on the verge of signing Lyon winger Bertrand Traoré, according to claims from France today.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/parties-come-agreement-aston-villa-expected-announce-signing-friday/

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So were sposed to be announcing Friday on Traore, we shall see.

Aston Villa are now on the verge of signing Lyon winger Bertrand Traoré, according to claims from France today.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/parties-come-agreement-aston-villa-expected-announce-signing-friday/

But Friday isn’t Wednesday 

26 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We can spend £140m nett realistically. More if we want however would need to re-balance next summer (i.e. depending on how much more, not buy anyone or even sell next summer).

Yorkshire AVFC was outlining it on a podcast, basically we did some creative accounting the season we cam up and basically broke even despite a real world £60m loss, this gives us some wriggle room on our average annual £30m per season loss over three seasons. the FFP extension allows us to spend next years money this summer if we want.

I think we are keeping a cash pot to go shopping in the final days, looking for a bargain as there are several clubs struggling due to COVID. Fortunately we are in a very comfortable position with no cash flow issues due to our owners deep pockets and willingness to invest and kick on. We are basically a less brash Chelsea/Man City.

It’s honestly so complicated and we don’t have the figures published in the accounts to get a good idea.

I would be surprised if we spent more than say 130.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we spent the magical 100 that was in the papers 

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

I think were going to be seeing more players come in that what we thought were originally going to come in.

Looks like rather than wait to see if anything comes good of last seasons under performing players we are looking to make room for new players by getting rid of some of them. That way we are not clinging onto players Smith n CO were not happy with and that's the best move early on I think that Villa can do. Sell them as quick as can and spend what we can on quality and we then dont have a bunch of Hogans, Mcormack stuck on wages not doing anything.

It is important that we move these players on as fast as possible and this sounds like Lange that's got rid of Hogan as well as might be the one organising Samatta sale, if so hes very good at moving people on compared for those weve had in his job before.

But we do need more strikers as dont know when Wesley will be back full time or the fact how he will be from it. I do agree with you that one thing goes wrong and sidelined Watkins we will be in big trouble, unless Davis can find a consistent run of form but who knows there, hopefully he can. With two strikers leaving,one Injured we are down to two strikers Watkins and Wesley, so yes one or two striker addition now is very much needed.

• Confused 1